List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MarbleBlastGold.html

ILs from all of the previous guys and imacmatician

Verifier Responses

Quote:
When the first IL table came along, I thought it would be near from perfection. I would have not believed that it was possible to get a 21 seconds improvement over the WRs.

All the vids are awesome. These are the ones that caught my eye though:

Platform Training: Awesome finding! I would have creamed my body with a 7.74, but I just came, so..

Pitfalls: I'm not sure at the very ending, when Pascal hits the rising part of the finish platform, if it slowed him down, but it sure didn't of more than a single frame.

Platform Party: When I saw the video at first, I thought it would be faster, of course, if he arrived right on the finish pad. But I can let go if the shortcut's actually a one-timer in the history of the game. I would suggest the lucky guy to practice this stage again though, I'm sure he can push his luck a little further =).

Thrill Ride: Well that's what I call a smartass

Points of the Compass: The player's tight as hell, I was amazed.

Moebius Strip: Smart

Pathways: *applauds* Impressive when you know it took me like, eternity, to just achieve the level

Accept them all. I also accept the bloopers as official scores in the category "bloopers".

Quote:
The sound is in sync and without error; so is the video.

As for the playing quality: they are World Records, and also improvements of former World Records. Also, marbles are shiny. Therefore: accept.

(Sorry, there wasn't a lot to verify.)

Quote:
Verifier: finally got around to watching the marble blast gold updates
Verifier: looking good, audio and video are finally on a consistent level (instead of the cacophony of changing volume in the original videos)
Verifier: some of the new routes are very impressive, others are just minor updates
Verifier: as usually, all the tricks look consistent with the game engine, although I'm not at a skill level where I could replicate them

Decision: Accept

Reason: Why wouldn't I accept improvements to some already excellent runs?
Thread title:  
Can I just suggest that on the game page, where it says 'There’s also an updated levels only file, consisting of 21 runs' you note that the 'updated levels only' file contains runs that were improved in the submission of February 20th. I can envisage it being pretty confusing in the future otherwise if people see it who don't know that there were two submissions. Also, just to be highly pedantic, I figure that 'updated runs' technically makes more sense than 'updated levels'.