Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Justin 'Ucpro' Salamon's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
No cheating.

Quality of video is good.

Gameplay is very good. For the most part there are no serious mistakes. The route used is arguably the most efficient one possible. Damage is taken to save time, but there are no deaths. To me it is definitely SDA quality. I can't see more than a few seconds of improvement on this run, and the final boss fight does go flawlessly. Beating this run would likely be a massive headache.

As far as timing, it seems that control is gained at about 10s, and lost at about 13:05

I vote to accept.

Quote:
I have verified the Home Alone run. I can't help with the timing of the run because I don't use VirtualDub.

The audio/video quality is great.

The run quality is excellent! The runner's comments pretty much say it all, he came up with what seems to be the optimal path for the item collecting, with a few one-second mistakes throughout the run (considering its length those are certainly acceptable). The boss fights look basically perfect, especially the last one which as he said can be random and frustrating, and it went very well.

Overall I'd say definitely accept.

Quote:
Comments for Home Alone (SNES):

- Video Quality is fine.
- No inconsistencies in item count, etc...
- No cheating as far as I can tell

I believe that the route and execution of this run was done very well. Honestly, all the routes looked optimized as to where he was and considering you can only hold a certain number of items at one time, there seems to be pretty much definite routes to get the fastest time possible. I'm pretty sure he used the fastest methods.

The boss fights were also well thought out, I'm wondering if the ghost boss could have been beaten a little faster, but I'm pretty sure it's optimal.

My only suggestion would possible be to use death abuse in order to get to certain spots quicker, but even with that I'm not sure if you could save any time. My main idea was that instead of backtracking after you get the "fast speed" item, you could kill yourself and then obtain that item later. If the "fast speed" item is still in affect even after you run upstairs I would say that using death abuse at that spot may have been a better option.

Anyway, I think you could save possibly a few seconds with death abuse (very minor) and without the mistakes possibly another 5 seconds. I'd say at most this run has probably AT MOST 10-15 seconds of mistakes total. This is an impressive speedrun with only minor mistakes.

So my decision is:

Accept

Decision: Accept

Reason: This is a short and tight run
Thread title:  
cool ... thank you verifiers

to the third verifier about death abuse ... i looked into it, but it wasn't going to save any time.  The screen where Kevin screams comes up and takes a lot of time, and then there's the continue screen, and then you have to walk a little bit of the hallway to get to any item/room.  Unless i miscalculated, it's faster to just never die and follow the route i took.

this is such a weird game ... i like it though (for some reason)  Smiley
Hi! I'm andrewg!
I was the third verifier.

I wasn't quite sure about the backtracking with the fast speed shoes to get to the door and kept thinking maybe you could kill youself run to the door and then get those shoes later and it MIGHT be faster. I like this game as well, but not as much as home alone 2 (SNES). I'll probably test that death abuse thing out later in Home Alone 1.

Congrats on the accept, I thought it was really well done.  Smiley
thanks andrewg ... if you do any testing with the death warp let me know what you find.  I'd be very interested to see any improvements on my route Smiley
Just watched the run and... fuck, this game looks AWFUL.

Nice run though.
Quote from ExplodingCabbage:
Just watched the run and... fuck, this game looks AWFUL.

Nice run though.

hahaha, yeah it is pretty bad.  but whatever ...

... oh, and just to let everyone know, this run was the 500th game on SDA  Wink
Congrats on your run dude, I was the first verifier.

I enjoyed it, brought back some memories too.

When I was a little kid ( 7 or 8 ) this game scared the shit outta me. Marv in the bathroom was creepy as hell. The basements were too for that matter. I loved the music, but man what a dumb game  Grin
Talk to the Hand
I would just like to say that the ending to the last level is the most logical thing in the world. Yes, OF COURSE the proper action to take is to LOCK THE VARIOUS ANIMALS IN THE SAFE.