List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Single-segment run on Rookie difficulty

Verifier Responses:

Quote:
Video/audio quality: Video quality is not very good, but I suppose that's just the verifier copy. Couldn't see the times in the end of each mission which is a bit annoying. Audio quality is fine and in sync with the video.

No signs of cheating and there is one death, but it happens after escaping so it doesn't matter in my opinion. It should also be noted that the run completes all optional objectives in all missions that have any.

Comments on missions:

Death of a Showman: Goes smoothly, the runner skips everything possible.

A Vintage Year: Nothing worth mentioning here, goes very nicely.

Curtains Down: There's nothing could go wrong in this mission. He runs in, shoots, runs out.

Flatline: In the beginning there's a mistake that probably costs him a few seconds. The mine he uses to cause distraction and get in could be detonated sooner and that way he wouldn't have to pick the lock either. I'm guessing it costs about 10 seconds.

A New Life: Shooting Vinnie while running is sweet and the wife doesn't get far. Mission well done.

The Murder of Crows: Bad luck with the location of the last bird, I'm guessing (haven't timed it) it cost him a unpleasant amount of time, the location is far away from the other possibilities. Besides the very bad luck, things go nicely.

You Better Watch Out: Getting the first guy right from the beginning is nice, but I think this could be improved by a few seconds by blowing up a mine while going to the second elevator. That way the old guy would probably be closer to the elevator instead of on the balcony. It's slightly riskier so I can understand why it's not done on a SS run, especially since it's only very, very little time that could be saved.

Death on the Mississippi: Probably my favorite mission on this run. Everything goes well and the trick in the end saves a lot of time compared to the "normal" route, but kills him. I don't know how this death should be treated, it happens at the same time with completing the mission so it doesn't really make any difference.

Till Death Do Us Part: Very little time lost near the end by picking up the bible by accident, but that's about it. I don't know if it's faster to escape using the other route, but in this case it would have been a suicide considering how much health he had left and how the hits got up to that point were inevitable.

A House of Cards: Time based mission, it always takes the last target just under 6 minutes to enter in any case. Whatever can be done was done.

A Dance with the Devil: Nasty looking mistake with the devil guy that might have been avoided simply by not shooting at things on the way. Cost about 10 seconds.

Amendment XXV: Things go smoothly here.

Requiem: Fast, though the last enemy is a small annoyance and won't die properly at first.

It's a difficult decision for me because I liked the run and enjoyed wathing it, but on the other hand there were some obvious mistakes. What makes the decision hard is TMOC, as it costs the most time on the run but there's nothing that could have been done about it, except for starting over.

The last part of the text that was completely changed more than once:
Even though I personally liked the run, I'm going to have to say no, and the only thing I can really base this decision on is that the runner had terrible luck in The Murder of Crows and made a few mistakes in some other places. I hate having to reject this because of something that the player can't do anything about, but it can't be helped now.

Quote:
Hitman: Blood Money single-segment verification notes:

Video/audio quality: Great, but the resolution made the text impossible to read. Because of that, I couldn't read the menu stuff (including ammunition related things).

Gameplay: Great.

Vote: Accept.

- First mission -

Well played and nice dance moves at the front gate. I don't exactly remember the guards being THAT inept though.

- Second mission -

He did this so quickly that I honestly thought "when did he kill the targets?" Amazing.

- Third mission -

Nicely done.

- Fourth mission -

Where exactly did that mine land anyway? Also, were the two scenes skippable? I honestly don't remember. No problems otherwise.

- Fifth mission -

Very fast. I also didn't know you could shoot doors open like that, so that was cool to see.

- 6th mission -

Pretty quick. I see no problem here.

- 7th mission -

Well played, as usual. Could he have skipped that helicopter scene though?

- 8th mission -

NICE escape trick. I thought he screwed up, so I didn't see that one coming at all.

- 9th mission -

I'll admit it: I had no freaking idea you could do the mission that way. Very nice.

- 10th mission -

If you thought twitching during downtime in a run was a sign of ADD, then you'll think this is overkill. I really don't remember the limo dude taking that long to show up, but I always did it the proper way...

I'm going to assume that he didn't wait at the end point because of the limited range of the remote mine. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense to wait so far away from the extraction zone.

- 11th mission -

Pretty nice, but why exactly did he stand back when going for the mask dude? I'm guessing it was safer that way, but it seemed a bit slow. Otherwise, this went well.

- 12th mission -

Well played.

- 13th mission -

Some bad luck that the last dude decided to cry like a baby, but very nice otherwise.

Quote:
Please notice, that there is a strange death at 17:20. But it may not be eliminatory.

Quality: The video I had wasn't good enough to read most of the text. I suppose better quality is available.
The sound quality is ok but it is maybe a bit weak on the volume.

As far as I am aware, the player is not cheating.

It is a bit strange to use a trick to skip the "Hideout" after the first mission.

Death of a Showman:
A little time lost on Clearance's door.. nothing dramatic, everything else seems fine to me.

A Vintage Year:
Nothing much to say here, very good run.

Curtains Down:
Another flawless run.

Flatline:
Maybe a second could have been saved if the runner wouldn't have entered so fast... 2 more seconds on the cell's door.
..then a massive murder. As the time can't be reduced... nothing to say either.

A New Life:
Can't be faster here either.

Murder of Crows:
As said in the commentary of the run, some improvement of the run could be made, mostly depending on chance... But as it is a single segment run this is OK for me.
Anyway nice headshots and lots of feathers.

You better watch out:
Few problems with doors, nothing dramatic.

Death on the Mississippi:
A little time is wasted on the stair trick... and the biggest problem I could see is the death after completing the Level. I do not know if this constitutes a severe flaw on SDA standards, but as far as the game accepts it, it is ok for me, even if I do not find it smart.

'Till death do we part:
A strange run here, as the fastest route isn't taken because it is too dangerous, this may only waste few second. Tacking the priest book in the end is weird and waste a couple of seconds.

A House of Cards:
The most boring level of the run, as waiting is required...
Maybe the runner could have put this time to profit to make a more "smoother" run... well at least the rampage keeps the viewer in front of the screen.

A Dance with the Devil:
Time lost killing Martinez, maybe 5 seconds. every thing else went nicely.

Amendment XVII:
Good run, especially the bomb trick.

Requiem:
Not the best of all of it, but it is ok. Time could have been obviously saved, but risks are quite high. Around 5 to 10 seconds may have been saved.

Overall:

This is not what I think a Hitman Run should be, I would have largely preferred a silent assassin run on. But as far as speed is concerned I Doubt a runner could make it more than 30 seconds faster.

The runner took good notes of all the existing stuff on youtube and other advices on internet.

If the hideout tweak and the strange death are not eliminatory (and I think they should not be), I would recommend this run to be accepted.

Quote:
Hi Mike,

Here are my notes for the HMBM Rookie SS run broken down into the individual components:

Death of a Showman:
A good run of the level, when the runner shoots his Shotgun and Uzi before fulling turning that initially took me by surpise (as I speedran the 360 version) and could never perform that, but I managed it myself on the PC version so it's all good.

Shop:
I'm a bit suprised at the runners choice of weapon purchase, as even though the MP5 has a larger clip, overall, a fully upgraded Silverballer set-up offers MUCH, MUCH greater acccuracy over the long-run for things such as time-saving door openings. This is backed up by the runners accuracy through some of the mid-parts of the run as his door-lock aiming is all over the shop until he buys the MP5 accuracy enhancer later on.

And what makes this even more bizarre is that he's running on the PC version which has infinitely superior accuracy with the mouse, and the runner simply fails to take advantage of this! (So upgraded Silverballers + mouse control = best accuracy). Also, as it's SS he'd have saved a decent bit of time staying out of the store had he have only focused on the Silverballer and his extra items.

A Vintage Year:
A suprisingly sloppy run of the level and my comments above about choice of weapon bears this out as the accuracy on the first target is all over the shop due to the gun's initial extensive recoil. There's also a bizarre bit where after taking out the second target, he has a good length of time to blow the lock on the downstairs door (running down the corridor after the bottom of the curved stairs), but he opens it manually slowing him down and then wastes time trying to shoot the next door (at point blank range) and wastes about 1 - 2 seconds here. The rest of the level is alright, but not exactly impressive.

Curtains Down:
A pretty slick run on this level, misses the first target due to recoil again, but then he gets a - VERY - lucky couple of shots on the target on the balcony (which, to be fair, luck is half the battle in this game). But it's as fast as this level is pretty much going to go.

Flatline:
A good strategy at the start it must be said (using the mine to get the keycard gates open), but his attempt to shoot the locked door to the agent was a bit sloppy. The rest of the level was ok, missed a few door locks or simply decided not to bother (which wasn't really essential for this level as he had time to kill until the agent was delivered to the morgue). So, overall, not as slick as it should have been, but not much time wasted.

A New Life:
Just like the opera level, this one is a simple in and out affair, and he does a pretty good job of getting to both targets pretty quickly. So thumbs up for this level.

Murder of Crows:
The runner gets lucky with the placement of the final target (which is the building closest to the first two targets), but his entry was very sloppy as he wastes a good 5 seconds or more picking the locks on the two doors leading to the third target (when he should have shot them open with the pistol). He also could have saved time by shooting open the door leading to target No. 2 at the top of the stairs, instead, he wastes time running up to it and opening it manually.

You better watch out...:
An excellent start to the level with the strategy to take out the first target, the door shooting gets better on this level (bar a couple of incidents such as the 2nd targets balcony doors and bedroom door), but overall a pretty decent run.

Death on the Mississippi:
A good choice of route was used on this level, and apart from the small disaster that was the captians cabin (which is acknowledged by the runner in his notes) it's a nice run indeed with use of the quicker exit glitch.

Till death do we part:
An 'interesting' choice of route on this level, but it could've been done faster. Instead of heading to the second boat (and not having to worry about the balcony, falling onto the top of the fence and the priest), after taking out the dad, you pull back out and just leg it down the stairs, using any painkillers he bought in the store for a top-up and head back to the start point again.

A House of Cards:
Not much to say about this run as you're stuck waiting for the final target to arrive in his car, but a good use of the mine to save time and pretty entertaining watching him take almost everyone out.

A Dance with the Devil:
The route used is a good one, it's just a shame that he messes up the first target from a distance wasting time. Otherwise not bad at all.

Amendment XVII:
A pretty good run that makes excellent use of the mine time-saver at the end to take out the final target. MUCH better door opening accuracy with the MP5 on this level!

Requiem:
A pretty good run (considering it defanitely isn't easy, even on Rookie), and he takes everyone out pretty quickly.

Overall: Considering it's a SS run it's actually not that bad, but overall the lack of accuracy on opening a lot of doors and on some enemies (which not only looks sloppy, but also wastes a decent bit of time when all added up) I'd have to say that the run should be Rejected.

With a bit more practice then it could defanitely be improved upon.

Decision: Reject

Reason: Some mistakes here and there, inaccurate, the Silverballers might be a better weapon choice than what the runner used, and there was terrible luck during the murder of crows.
Thread title:  
I used to be athiest until I realized I was God.
Just a couple notes, i'd accept a reject just on Murder of Crows manipulation, but gotta say

Regarding Silverballer accuracy, I don't get anything to improve accuracy until Flatline - so Vintage year, it's much easier to open doors / kill people with the mp5. The accuracy is better than the silverballers and I get way better firing rate. I would not use the baller on Vintage year because of this except to avoid reloading the mp5.

Quote:
he wastes a good 5 seconds or more picking the locks on the two doors leading to the third target (when he should have shot them open with the pistol).

These doors cannot be shot open... not all doors can. I'm insulted by this, if you are going to advise me on improving my route, at least make sure your suggestions work.
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Quote from Siyko:
Just a couple notes, i'd accept a reject just on Murder of Crows manipulation, but gotta say

Regarding Silverballer accuracy, I don't get anything to improve accuracy until Flatline - so Vintage year, it's much easier to open doors / kill people with the mp5. The accuracy is better than the silverballers and I get way better firing rate. I would not use the baller on Vintage year because of this except to avoid reloading the mp5.

Quote:
he wastes a good 5 seconds or more picking the locks on the two doors leading to the third target (when he should have shot them open with the pistol).

These doors cannot be shot open... not all doors can. I'm insulted by this, if you are going to advise me on improving my route, at least make sure your suggestions work.

Hi, those verifiers notes that you're bringing into question are mine.

So you think that the accuracy on the MP5 is better than the silverballers? Are you being serious? Practically any HMBM speedrun you'll ever watch will use Silverballers and if you compare a skilled player using both an un-upgraded MP5 and an un-upgraded Silverballer, you have a ton less recoil on the pistol, allowing for much better accuracy on the move, especially with a mouse!

As far as that door is concerned, I can't get my Xbox 360 copy to boot up Angry , but I'm 99% certain I've managed to unlock it with my silverballer before. But even if we take it that you can't (for the sake of argument), for the most part the run was missing a fair few decent shots.

And I don't get how you'd accept the rejection for Murder of Crows, as surely the luck manipulation of the last guy is a good thing when you didn't cheat...  Huh? It was the best thing for your run of that level to happen (although you just lock picked doors that you COULD have shot (and ones I HAVE shot open in the 360 version). So why you'd accept that over being slower overall is quite frankly bewildering...
Edit history:
Siyko: 2009-02-14 04:25:49 pm
Quote from Andrew_Mills:
Hi, those verifiers notes that you're bringing into question are mine.

So you think that the accuracy on the MP5 is better than the silverballers? Are you being serious? Practically any HMBM speedrun you'll ever watch will use Silverballers and if you compare a skilled player using both an un-upgraded MP5 and an un-upgraded Silverballer, you have a ton less recoil on the pistol, allowing for much better accuracy on the move, especially with a mouse!

Recoil is mostly meaningless with a mouse, and there's no way shooting pink-shirt is easier with the pistol, especially with the guys all around him that need to be mowed down. As far as raw accuracy, unupgraded vs unupgraded... yes I am serious.

Quote:
As far as that door is concerned, I can't get my Xbox 360 copy to boot up Angry , but I'm 99% certain I've managed to unlock it with my silverballer before. But even if we take it that you can't (for the sake of argument), for the most part the run was missing a fair few decent shots.

Don't know what to tell you. As for missing a few shots, sure, but I'm not going to restart 20 minutes into the run because I lose a second on a door like in You Better Watch Out

Quote:
And I don't get how you'd accept the rejection for Murder of Crows, as surely the luck manipulation of the last guy is a good thing when you didn't cheat...  Huh? It was the best thing for your run of that level to happen (although you just lock picked doors that you COULD have shot (and ones I HAVE shot open in the 360 version). So why you'd accept that over being slower overall is quite frankly bewildering...

I think I was unclear here.. I mean i would be OK with the fact that this run was rejected SOLELY based on the fact that I didn't manipulate a good Murder of Crows spawn. Sorry, those doors still cannot be shot open. That might be a version difference, but that doesn't do me any good.

Quote:

A suprisingly sloppy run of the level and my comments above about choice of weapon bears this out as the accuracy on the first target is all over the shop due to the gun's initial extensive recoil. There's also a bizarre bit where after taking out the second target, he has a good length of time to blow the lock on the downstairs door (running down the corridor after the bottom of the curved stairs), but he opens it manually slowing him down and then wastes time trying to shoot the next door (at point blank range) and wastes about 1 - 2 seconds here. The rest of the level is alright, but not exactly impressive.

Wanted to add... i am waiting for the SCRIPTED TIMING elevator after the stairway. There is no way to improve the run up to the elevator with this route. I could have spend an extra 3 seconds shooting at the lock and it wouldn't have cost me a millisecond in the level time.
Sounds to me like the only real problem with the run was the bad crow placement. That doesn't seem like enough for rejection to me, considering that there are SS runs on here with multiple huge mistakes. But, I don't really know much about how the standards for acceptance have changed over time.
Generic Text
Too bad the crazy Professional runs I saw on Youtube weren't submitted to the site. Those were just insane. And that's coming from someone who hates Individual Level runs with a vengences.
I think the  main reason for that is because you need to have all levels done before submitting and I haven't seen a single run with that done. If you find a run like that, you could probably send the runner a message about it.
Quote from your_name_here:
Sounds to me like the only real problem with the run was the bad crow placement. That doesn't seem like enough for rejection to me, considering that there are SS runs on here with multiple huge mistakes. But, I don't really know much about how the standards for acceptance have changed over time.

this is not a sock puppet.

This game is on the back burner, but I still have the route down and throw in attempts every now and then. I don't think the run shoudl have been rejected either, but the decision was made.

I do hate the fact that verifiers can put strikes against a run for not understanding the game well enough.
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Quote from Siyko:
Quote:

Quote from Siyko:
I do hate the fact that verifiers can put strikes against a run for not understanding the game well enough.

If you want PROOF that the door in the first level can be shot open with a silverballer (completely un-upgraded too), then check out my video below.

http://www.gamerguides.eu/temp/lolz.mp4 (6 Megs)

Kiss Kiss
Quote:
Murder of Crows:
The runner gets lucky with the placement of the final target (which is the building closest to the first two targets), but his entry was very sloppy as he wastes a good 5 seconds or more picking the locks on the two doors leading to the third target (when he should have shot them open with the pistol). He also could have saved time by shooting open the door leading to target No. 2 at the top of the stairs, instead, he wastes time running up to it and opening it manually.

Quote:

Quote:
A Vintage Year:

Quote:
Wanted to add... i am waiting for the SCRIPTED TIMING elevator after the stairway. There is no way to improve the run up to the elevator with this route. I could have spend an extra 3 seconds shooting at the lock and it wouldn't have cost me a millisecond in the level time.

Quote:
If you want PROOF that the door in the first level can be shot open with a silverballer (completely un-upgraded too), then check out my video below.

He knows that already, you moron! He never denied that they could, he said only (assuming I've understood his quote above right) that it didn't matter that he hadn't shot them open because the elevator at the end of the level is scripted so the whole level is basically on a timer anyway until the bottom of the elevator. Whether this is true or not I can't comment on since I don't know (though I'd happily bet that it is, since he'd be leaving himself open to looking like a dick if he said it without being 100% certain it was true), but if you're going to be a complete dickhead to someone it would be courteous to at least read their posts first and respond to what they ACTUALLY SAID.

If you want to prove something he's said wrong, shoot open the doors to the third target on A Murder Of Crows. Otherwise, stop mocking someone who as far as I can tell from this thread knows far more about the game than you do.
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Quote from Siyko:
These doors cannot be shot open... not all doors can. I'm insulted by this.

Regardless of whether or not the lift is on a set timer, the quote above was what I was disproving. As that's where the 'differences' originated. And he felt the need to take another dig at me almost a month later. So, I felt the need to finally back up my original claim. Simple. Whether you agree/disagree with the method I chose in my post to achieve this, doesn't factor in.
Edit history:
Siyko: 2009-03-26 01:41:10 pm
Quote from Andrew_Mills:
Quote from Siyko:
These doors cannot be shot open... not all doors can. I'm insulted by this.

Regardless of whether or not the lift is on a set timer, the quote above was what I was disproving. As that's where the 'differences' originated. And he felt the need to take another dig at me almost a month later. So, I felt the need to finally back up my original claim. Simple. Whether you agree/disagree with the method I chose in my post to achieve this, doesn't factor in.

wtf are you talking about?

Read explodingcabbage's post again, he explains it very clearly.
To spell it out: when Siyko said 'these doors' he was referring to the doors in A Murder Of Crows, NOT the doors in A Vintage Year. Although he never explicitly stated this, it was perfectly clear to me from the fact that he said it in reply to your remarks about the doors in A Murder Of Crows, quoting them in the post where he said it. I'm finding it so hard to see how you've misunderstood him that it almost seems wilful.