Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-02-15 11:07:00 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/HarryPotterCoS.html

Bart 'TheVoid' De Waal's PC version run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Hey Mike, I just spent the last hour watching the Chamber of Secrets run. Both video and audio quality is good. I am going to give this run a strong accept. The runner uses some astonishing stair jumps and trick jumps, as well as great cutscene skippage. Also, thank the runner for giving me a good breakdown of the segments, it really helped!

I would question though weather the 'Bean Room' is skippable. It was a few months since I last played this so I don't know. Theres a cutscene right before it so I guess you can't skip it.

Verdit: Strong Accept

Quote:
this run made my wand hard

Quote:
...I'm speechless. I'd seen a few segments during the production of the run, some clips showing how great it'd be, and really the run is incredible. Everything is perfectly done. This game should not have an entertaining run, and yet I'm glad to rewatch this!

So many amazing skips I'd never thought of, and I've scoured this game for hours. I'm just glad to have been able to contribute one skip, and one of significance too :).

Incredible run, easily accept.

Quote:
Comments are in the spoiler tag.
The audio/video quality was good, no

cheating detected either. 
The overall execution and tricks were

above average as well.

Easy accept.

Things of note:
In the lessons (the part with the

arrow keys) it may be slightly faster

to fail the first round 3 times (to

skip some dialogue).
EXTREME EPICNESS (Segment 1)
~7:00, snails are not goombas

(Segment 5)
~14:27 crabs are goombas (Segment 11)
Wait what? (ALL of Segment 16)
~23:00 Diiiii- (End of Segment 20)
~23:50 Missed a jump over a gate,

forgiveable due to the unskippable

cutscene prior (End of Segment 21)
~27:05 Morre like a 150 degree turn,

but still perfect execution (Segment

24)
~27:49 lolwaitwut [my actual

reaction] (Segment 25)
~29:24 yay trigger dodging (Segment

27)
~31:20 another missed jump

opportunity (Segmjent 29)
~33:02 Goyle. (Segment 32)
~36:08 I liked that part, except for

missing items down there as Goyle and

having to get them as Harry...  so...

many... tries... (Segment 34)
~36:47 Poor Nick... (Segment 35)
~39:03 Staying back, then moving

forward so Harry has momentum going

through the doorway would have been

faster (Segment 36)
~40:10 O.O (Segment 37)
~41:05 Poor Nick... (Segment 35, I

mean 39)
~41:41 Boring part. (Also Segment 39)
~43:55 Mind=blown (Segment 41)
~45:20 Rictuspamra (Segment Life, the

Universe and Everything)
~46:17 Poor Nick... (Segment 35, I

mean 39, no wait, 43)
~47:55 What just happened here...???

(Segment 46...that explains it[it's

in the commentary as "This is a short

and awesome segment!"])
~50:40-51:10 ... wow ... (Segment 50)
~51:21 Did this really warrant an

additional segment? (Segment 51)

Timing:
starts at 0:10
ends at 51:32
Run length 51:22?

tl;dr version: accept.

Quote:
Great run, really well-executed and a heap of fun to watch. Some brilliant skips and optimisations were found here, without needing to break the game or clip through walls to achieve the desired effect. I especially liked the racing commentary Cheesy

Accept, and 20 POINTS FOR GRYFFINDOR

Decision: Accept

Reason: The Legend of Harry Potter: Wizardry of Time?
Thread title:  
Thanks all for verifying!

In the lessons (the part with the arrow keys) it may be slightly faster to fail the first round 3 times (to skip some dialogue).
I already checked it and it's slower. You can fail the first round 5 times, fail the second round 4 times, and fail the third round 3 times in order to proceed.
Only the Diffindo lesson was barely slower though, only several frames.

~51:21 Did this really warrant an additional segment? (Segment 51)
Yes, it was an autosave anyway Wink
WOW.
I would just like to say Void that this is a great speedrun and I thank you for doing it
Obscure games ftw
Quote from TheVoid:
In the lessons (the part with the arrow keys) it may be slightly faster to fail the first round 3 times (to skip some dialogue).
I already checked it and it's slower. You can fail the first round 5 times, fail the second round 4 times, and fail the third round 3 times in order to proceed.
Only the Diffindo lesson was barely slower though, only several frames.

~51:21 Did this really warrant an additional segment? (Segment 51)
Yes, it was an autosave anyway Wink

I hadn't realized the lessons were different amounts of fails per round, I just assumed they were all 3 since I had seen the 3rd round failed after 3.  Did you take into account the time cut out of the bonus bean room when timing the first 2 lessons though?  the 30 (60?) points not earned may have been enough to skip the second trip, and spend less time on the first trip.
If it's an autosave then it's okay.
Quote from I have no name:
Did you take into account the time cut out of the bonus bean room when timing the first 2 lessons though?  the 30 (60?) points not earned may have been enough to skip the second trip, and spend less time on the first trip.

Hmm, no I haven't actually checked that, it could be that the time lost is saved in the bonus bean room just a little bit. It's 30 points per lesson by the way.
Skip the second trip? You always need to visit the House Point room. Or do you mean something else?

You're welcome Chrno Smiley
Obscure games ftw
The 60 in parenthesis was for the second lesson, since the 30 points not earned in the first lesson might prevent a second trip to the bean room (If there was one, I forget :P)
When will this run be watchable from the SDA site?
Waiting hurts my soul...
depends; possibly as late as July/August based on runs from September just getting on the site.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from SparkMan:

When it's up.  Don't ask.  If you do, we'll either purposely IP ban you when it's posted for 6 months, or send ninjas to your house to kill you in your sleep.  Your choice. Tongue
Quote from Sir VG:
Quote from SparkMan:

When it's up.  Don't ask.  If you do, we'll either purposely IP ban you when it's posted for 6 months, or send ninjas to your house to kill you in your sleep.  Your choice. Tongue

Well, if I have to choose...

I'll take the ninjas Smiley