Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet (or should we just use the existing GTA4 page?)

'SCM's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Hello Smiley

I've finished checking the run for problems.

All in all this run is very good. The runner makes use of taxi shortcuts, has good route planning and combines missions into one segment whenever it's sensible. He also uses the autosave feature where it saves time.
The shooting is excellent throughout the run. So is the parachuting. Helicopter piloting and driving are also very good.
There are only minor mistakes, so I see no reason not to allow this run on the site. I am looking forward to watching it again, in higher resolution.
Due to the rather low quality of this verification video, I found it impossible to compare the stats screens at the end of each segment. There didn't seem to be any cheating involved, though.

Notes on individual segments:

There's not much that could go wrong here. The driving is good and the runner saves time by turning his vehicle 180° before the cutscenes.

The taxi waypoint is a few meters off, but I assume that the runner had to wait for the in-game short message to arrive. So no time lost. As throughout the whole run the shooting is very quick and precise. Minor nitpick: The car crash at 4:22 - but it barely slows the player's car down.

Very good shooting and piloting, though the landing at the end could have been better. About 2-3 seconds could be saved there.

I like the small sequence break at the driving range.

Couldn't see any mistakes.

Good shortcut at 2:17. Very good shooting in this segment. The parachute jump is also very precise. The runner got stuck for a split second at 3:47. At 7:20 he runs in the wrong direction, which costs about 2 seconds.

The rocket launcher at 1:49 saves a lot of time compared to the use of sticky bombs. Good segment.

Shooting the fourth cable holding the APC took three shots. Apart from that everything went very well. The runner was in the correct place when he managed to get rid of the wanted level.

Basic driving mission. Touching the tunnel wall at 1:15 is OK. It's not possible to drive at full speed without hitting it.

Lots of racing, which is executed very well. The runner parachutes directly onto the boat, instead of landing in the water and slowly swimming towards it. The transition from boat to car is fast, too.

Good shooting.

Scripted racing. I don't think there is a way to get ahead of the other two racers.

Scripted car chase. I see no room for improvement.

I like the idea of using the Statue of Happiness as a landing place. Saves about 2 seconds compared to landing on the ground.

Good use of sticky bombs to accelerate the fighting.

Good piloting at 1:36. Short, but good segment.

Another scripted mission. Therefore no chance to speed it up.

Again, very good use of sticky bombs to kill attackers before they even arrive.

Accidentally grabs the railing at 3:01. Wastes about 1 or 2 seconds.

Good shortcut at 1:50, which evades a lot of fighting. The second mission is scripted, so it's probably as fast as it can be done.

Basic driving (and boating) mission.

The second mission is where things get interesting. The whole fight at the club goes very well.

Very quick shoot-out on Firefly Island. Fast transition from bike to plane. The final parachute landing is really close. Must have taken some retries to get that one right. Good segment.

I would have more results, but this is all I got, even after a repost. D:

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's another solid GTA4 run from SCM.
Thread title:  
Quote from mikwuyma:
should we just use the existing GTA4 page?

No. Expansion packs with new campaigns always get their own page here.
Okay, I didn't know if it was just some extra DLC, or its own expansion pack.
Balls jerky
This and Lost & the Damned are expansions with totally different main characters. Kinda like Liberty/Vice City Stories were. I need to beat this before the run gets posted so I can marvel at how much better SCM is. Good thing that won't be for a while... Tongue
DS Dictator
The Lost and Damned was DLC only on the Gunbox 360 until late October 2009. By then, the 360 had the DLC expansion Disk released the same day The Ballad of Gay Tony was out on 360 via DLC.

The other 2 platforms (PS3 & PC) were released as both DLC and physical form early 2010.

For consistency on the site I would say Gay Tony (& The Lost and Damned) should have its own page.
torch slug since 2006
I also vote on individual game pages.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Mike you didn't get my verification ...?  *checks his private threads*  Well I'll be shitfaced.  What the hell happened to that post?? 

That's ... odd.  I wrote up a quick and dirty review and posted it quickly *or so I thought* so I could move along to Condemned. 
Well, you can always post it here.
Lost it when the post vanished.  Sorry y'all
Edit history:
SCM: 2011-05-12 01:14:00 pm
Thanks for accepting, it was very fun to run this game though. This addon is most entertaining, along with original GTA4 story, and TLAD. A lot of flying here, parachutes, crazy weapons and another stuff. Also, they (Rockstar Games) make a lot of mission 'not taxi-skippable' as GTA4, which gives me a lot of fun, i love to driving in GTA4 series, and this is where i can show myself as i good-driver too.

About verifycation - there's one mistake (minor), that veryficator doesn't notice. You can land on the other skyscaper, in the "HIGH DIVE", instead of landing on the ground (-2,3 seconds). Others things noticed well, so that's the good work (btw, it takes a LOT of time, my run was on verifying state more than 1 year). Seems like, not so many people are interested in this addon.

P.S. About shooting with scoped sniper rifle - with fraps ON, with some reason, it turns to very strange things - mouse sense turns higher and enable's mouse acceleration. So, its so difficult to shoot through the scope, with capture-enabled fraps. I think, its about the limited frapsed fps.

I'm very rearly on the internet now, but i noticed how someone want's to re-run GTA4. Good luck, you have a lot of things to improve.
Great job man.  I didn't even mention above that my verification of this addon (which was lost in the bowels of taiga forum somewhere) resulted in a very easy accept.  I thought it was great.

By the way, I downloaded this addon and played through just to help verify it, so I can definitely say that there is interest in this.  I don't know where my review went, but somehow it helped propel this run into "Accepted" territory, so I'm glad I did it.  But more importantly, I'm glad you ran it!  If only someone would run TLAD now so we could have a complete set.
Yes, its should have individual page - TBoGT is self-sufficient game, based on GTA4 city and some characters.