12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
LeWoVoc: 2010-09-27 07:59:27 pm
I've had this project going for a little while now, and it's coming along quite nicely. As I enter nightmare, I'm a bit lost as to where I should go gear-wise. I'm still currently using Wake of Fire, and will switch via the Den of Evil respec to lightning some time in nightmare. (I'm testing along the way to see when it becomes more efficient, looking at damage alone does little to determine actual effectiveness)

So far I've manipulated:
+1 to trap amulet (gambled)
+1 to trap claw (Anya, Normal)
Stealth
Leaf

I'm thinking I should imbue a +1/+2 trap claw in A1 NM. Any thoughts?
Video Playlist
Thread title:  
Great to see that LoD is still getting some love Smiley
DOSBox <3
Sweet! Waiting for videos!
Welcome to the Future !
LeWoVoc returns !! can't wait, I need to see the run !
Is there anywhere we can see the progress so we can give input and tips? Youtube?
The only thing I can say is that dual +skill claws and shieldblock would be great fo survival, since it blocks unrelated to dexterity and also blocks a couple spells. Then it is about maxing out death sentry and finding +mana and +skill items. Fast attack speed is good fo laying traps, don't ever forget that.
pierdole zdejmuje kominiare
What you should manipulate is ber mal ber ist Smiley Good luck with this, love watching luck manipulation heavy runs. It's a shame that in diablo it's sometimes just not possible.
I'll get to Hell Act 3 and send you the save files... when you have the runes, send them back and we'll share credit Tongue

Just a quick update - videos for normal are converting now. I watched back over, and realized I left one !@#$ing council member alive. Brilliant. I'll contend with him at the end of nightmare... should only cost me 45 seconds tops. Expect videos tomorrow.
fist pump for new d2 videos soon? DON'T MIND IF I DO!
Does anyone know how much the 1,13 patch raised the droprate of high runes?  Perhaps it might even make manipulating one viable? Especially with some teamwork Smiley
Edit history:
Beenman500: 2010-09-26 03:54:22 pm
Joke of all trades
yay D2 is being run again :-D

I reckon droprate of high runes is still to insane to consider, what runewords where you thinking of making, also high high runes don't really get dropped till hell when it won't really matter as much as most enimies will likely be skipped (meaning that the runewords wont be that useful) also high runes often have prey massive level requirements that casual play players forget about again making them less viable

Really Excited for the run LeWeVoc good luck, gear wise probably best to manip 2 +3 ligtning sentry or death sentry, you will really only be using one of them (porbs death) , same mana cost, same number of shots fired, simular damage with the small amount of synergies you will be able to afford. you can use the cube with some chipped gems method to roll the claws mare easily i think.
Lightning sentry fires 10 shots, death sentry fires 5. The corpse explosion from DS will be much needed, though. Both will be used.

The videos will have to wait until tomorrow because my computer is being ridiculous again. Windows 7 freezes every 15 seconds when doing anything, especially uploading to Youtube and uploading torrents. (Which is making submitting my druid run absolute hell)
What about manipulating an item with teleport charges to get through some roadblocks faster? It wouldn't cost much time I don't think and there are several places where it might save time (jail, arcane sanctuary, a3 sewers, durance 3, etc. I have no idea about when such items can start popping up though.
Videos in the first post.
I'll probably manip a Teleport charge staff in Hell/late NM, but as for most of NM, it's more efficient to level while running than to teleport. It's why I've been able to beat the sorc's time by so much. In D2, EVERY segment is a leveling segment.
Wiggle wiggle
Good stuff so far, though I note the sound dies in video 6, and continues on through the rest of the progress videos. Error in encoding? I'd hate to have to see you restart that far back due to bad recording.
@niebezimienny: Just look at that table: http://i49.tinypic.com/157d8ol.png
All values are relative to the probability of a rune drop. A nice rune (up to Ist) from the countess is possible, but higher runes would still need very much manipulation.

With chipped gems, you can get +3 LS, but not +DS. +3 trap would require some elite claws.
You can cube with perfect gems to get +3 trap (+3LS +3DS +40ias... :D)

Maybe you can manipulate the maps in nightmare/hell: Just go back to a lower difficulty (1s-segment), and you'll get a new map.

Nice run so far.
But I think you'll be slower than Siyko in nightmare: teleporting and killing some random bosses is faster than running and killing. In normal, the assassin just got better attacks (particularly if you can respec).

Siykos sorc, act1+2: 1:07
act3,4,5: ~0:54

Your assa, act1+2: 0:46
act3,4,5: ~0:54

+- some minutes for baalruns, cow and so on.
@mfb Considering a segment in my old run took 3250 retries, that HR table doesn't seem so bad. Tongue Can +3 Claws be shopped at NM Anya? This was my impression. As for NM, I have an absolutely awesome map. We'll see how it turns out....

Or will we? I looked back, and apparently, from the extraordinarily annoying amulet manipulation all the way to the end of cows, FRAPS just decided not to record audio. Splendid. I suppose I'll have to restart as soon as my computer stops freezing every 14 seconds.
Anya nm: The exceptional claws need itemlevels of ~80 => charlevel of ~75 (...)

regular claws: Blade Talons, Scissors Katar
required itemlevel: 70 (blade talons), 72 (scissors katar)
required charlevel (shopping): 65 (blade talons), 67 (scissors katar)

No, you can't shop them. But you can find a claw with a high itemlevel and cube it.
Wiggle wiggle
Quote from LeWoVoc:
Or will we? I looked back, and apparently, from the extraordinarily annoying amulet manipulation all the way to the end of cows, FRAPS just decided not to record audio. Splendid. I suppose I'll have to restart as soon as my computer stops freezing every 14 seconds.

It'd probably be better to get that fixed before trying again... Freezing not conducive to such time-intensive running.
@mfb - Nah, I meant +3 to traps. Can be a normal claw. Now that I've looked it up, it seems I'd have to settle for a +2 claw from NM Anya.

@Fragmaster - By "stops" I meant "is fixed" Smiley
Joke of all trades
just out of interest, how do you plan in completeing hell ancients, one has a lightning imunity, are you gonna save two skill respecs in order to buff up your fire power or something? remeber, it will be immposible to keep your merc alive, at all really tbh
Wuut, wuut!
Cant wait LeWoVoc.. So far Awesome!
I will be slightly hybrid at that point, Been. It's going to be a long segment.
The Dork Knight himself.
You sure there isn't a bigger hardware issue causing the lockups? Maybe a hard drive or vid card getting ready to die?
I'm fairly certain. Windows 7 64 bit just has issues with uploading things and running certain programs. It goes through its phases.
I also have problems with win7. If i am too fast when sorting my folders Explorer goes apeshit and my sound card souind like it will explode Smiley

I really enjoyed the run so far and I really hope that your computer start working again