Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-05-16 01:35:58 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

New Game + Casual difficulty run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Didn't find any problems with the audio and video quality.

Didn't find any cheating, except maybe one thing. How did you get the Hacker Suit on the PC version? I'm not familiar with the suit so I've been reading about it and apparently you can get it from a save from Dead Space: Ignition, which is a console only game (PS3 and Xbox 360). So how did you get it on the PC?
After some more reading it seems to be some mysterious savegame that needs to be used in order to unlock it (And I think that possibly a Trainer has been used in that savegame to unlock certain doors to get the suit and other things like Credits and Power Nodes (You seem to have a LOT of Power Nodes in your inventory)). Hmm... This doesn't really feel like a very legit way to me.

About the gameplay. Let me tell you beforehand that the following comments are quite negative and nitpicky. I'm quite a nitpicky guy, especially when it comes to a segmented, Casual, New Game+ type of run.

Segment 1:

Why is he looking down while running in the beginning? Seems a bit odd.

Segment 2:

2:54 - Why is he using the Flashlight here? He should run through the part in the dark.
3:11 - Why doesn't he run straight towards the opening?
4:20 - No need to kill both of them. I think you can just destroy the window, run to the first guy and melee him and then run to the elevator and kill the second guy with a limb if necessary.
4:41 - He misses the shot on the second guy here... He's generally very careful with shooting at enemies.
5:04 - Gets a bit stuck on the wheel chair.
5:43 - Should require 1 shot in my opinion. But the 2 shots isn't too bad.
6:20 - It seems he expected the enemy to come from the left first, as far as I know this guy always comes from the right, and then he's very slow with shooting at him.
7:38 - Is extremely slow with shooting, and then he even misses the shot...
8:30 - Can't you just run past these 2 guys to the door and then kill them when they come to you?
9:48 - What actually happens when you skip killing this guy and go straight for the Store? Smiley I guess he will be troublesome when you get out of the Store.
10:45 - Why not run straight to the trigger for the enemy?
11:44 - Why kill this guy here? Can't you just run to the Save Station and save? Or would he be troublesome the next time you load the game?

Segment 3:

1:00 - Doesn't wait in front of the door and starts running already.
4:18 - Why shoot these guys on the ground?
7:21 - Why shoot the guy on the ground again?
7:55 - You missed this guy, not good.
8:56 - You thought some enemy was coming here? :/
9:42 - You waited just before the trigger...

Segment 4:

0:29 - Can't you skip the bomb guy here or isn't the door open yet?
1:08 - Can you open the door while floating and then land on the ground?
4:27 - Ewww...
4:43 - Maybe it's better to save here (The save seems available)? Would it also skip the dialog so that you can enter the tunnel right away?
6:15 - Hmm, you weren't at the trigger part when the dialog ended.
6:53 - Since you've got the Hacker Suit, isn't it possible to hack the thing without killing those Stalkers? Would be pretty tricky though, if at all possible.
7:32 - You should've used Stasis on those little guys instead.

Segment 5:

Not much to comment on, except that little part where you got confused where to go for a moment.

Segment 6:

1:19 - Kills too many of those bomb-spitting guys, most can be walked past, especially the ones that shoot up and are on the sides.
1:42 - He floats to the upper floor here, wastes some seconds.
3:36 - Why shoot the grate?
4:26 - There's no need to kill this guy, you can just run past and trigger the scene and he'll disappear automatically.
6:05 - And now he gets hit by a bomb-spitting guy... First he plays very safe and now he rushes too fast :/ Then he gets hit by a spitter guy as well, and little dudes, hmm...

Segment 7:

Why did you disable the subtitles all of a sudden? Smiley

0:35 - You could've moved on after the third enemy right away.
0:39 - Why shoot the corpse? For the crawler later on? Is it really necessary?

Segment 8:

3:18 - Could've moved on much quicker. Actually, the door is already open, can't you just run to the door already?
3:54 - An extremely slow shot again. What happens if you just save the game without killing (One of) the enemies?

Segment 9:

0:33 - You can go past the first rock although I'm not really sure if that's faster. But why shoot the other 2 unnecessary rocks?
3:56 - Is it actually possible to run past this bomb-spitting guy? Probably not possible.
4:01 - Very ugly mistake, you should never go the wrong way in a segmented run (This also happened earlier in the game for a short moment).
4:48 - You could've run and open the door earlier without concentrating on the babies.
5:55 - Ouch, failed hacking...
8:07 - Owww. When I was watching this part (With your previous run in mind) I was thinking "Alright, now it goes like it should be", then the thing drops on the ground...
12:37 - A bit slow with activating.

Segment 10:

0:51 - Why didn't you run into the corridor to trigger it faster?
2:16 - Really necessary to kill that guy? Can't you just rush through like you do in the next section?
3:25 - Can you open this door while floating?
3:39 - If I'm not mistaken you can run past this guy and open the door to trigger the cutscene.

Segment 11:

1:23 - Should've just used Stasis on the guy and run past him (If I'm not mistaken the door can be opened).
1:40 - Quite slow with this guy again.
2:58 - ...

Segment 12:

1:08 - Again slow.
2:13 - :/
8:10 - Hmm, was really like a "Should I save or not" moment, looks bad.

Segment 13:

0:52 - You got confused where to go, also seemed to happen a bit in the very beginning of this segment.
2:14 - ...
5:14 - Again dude, going the wrong way.
6:03 - Argh :/
7:32 - Meh Sad Lost quite some time with the slowness.
9:34 - Can you open the door while floating?
12:46 - You know, it's pretty awesome. Stross puts the screwdriver in Ellie's left eye here, while later on she wears the eyepatch on her right eye Smiley Also the eyeball on the screwdriver when you meet
stross behind the window is oddly positioned, unless he first removed the eyeball and then put it on the screwdriver again in that position...

Segment 16:

6:28 - Why did you shoot the guy? He runs into the right corridor, I doubt he's much of a threat.

Segment 17:

0:44 - Going the wrong way! Dude!

Segment 18:

4:20 - I think you can just Stasis the guy and then hack the device. Melee :/
7:12 - Dude...

Segment 19:

1:14 - Hey, melee again.
2:27 - Can't you just shoot right away and be done with it instead of aiming at the guy?

Overall the run felt sloppy to me and I'm going to reject it. Please redo the run (Once more) because I know you can do it.

Quote:
Capture
No visual or audio problems.

Gameplay
PC enables him to move and change the view quicker due to mouse controls.
Hack suit being used, which means one less rotation cycle at each one of those puzzles. How did he get that on the PC version though? I’ve read conflicting reports. Some say that there’s no way since Dead Space: Ignition never came out on the PC, and others say that they unlocked it using a transferred or savegame file. I have the PS3 version, so hopefully the runner can tell us how he got it.

Segment 1: Just the intro and opening run.

Segment 2: A miss with the kinesis object on the second enemy in the medical gallery.
He doesn’t bother to kill the first Necromorph after getting the Plasma Cutter and the one that would have spawned after it.
Bah, I think the last enemy in the medical wing lockdown section could have been killed faster.
There’s a few seconds lost when he thinks he killed the Tripod and has to turn around and shoot its other arm off for the door to open. I haven’t used the Hand Cannon for this fight, so maybe it’s immune after the first one falls off for a while.

Step 3: I’m not sure why he’s shooting the bodies in the train before he activates the train, but he better have a good reason.
A few seconds are lost when he thinks he beat all the kids in front of the elevator and actually hasn’t.

Segment 4: The fuse falls out of the hole in the door power room, costing him a few seconds.
He loses a few more when the little guys tackle him at the elevator.

Segment 5: Heh heh, invisible enemies in the church.

Segment 6: He’s still wasting too much time in the Cyst sections and keeps killing enemies that can just be run by.
Ugly navigation mistake in the flaming doorway section.
Good luck on the hunting of the Velociraptors, but why shoot the vent after they’re all dead?
Just run into the cutscene and the enemy climbing the balcony will vanish.
Gets hit by a Cyst bomb and it knocks him down, and then he gets hit by Puker vomit which slows his movement and allows the little enemies to gang up on him. He loses quite a bit of time.

Segment 7: You don’t need to shoot the corpses. I’ve never EVER had the Infector go for them.

Segment 8: Should have moved on quicker after killing the wall guy.

Segment 9: Goes the wrong way for a little bit after entering Station Watchman Howard Philips’s area.
Loses 10 seconds to a failed hacking sequence.
The last fuse falls out of the slot and costs a few more seconds.
Just run by those Cysts instead of shooting them!

Segment 10: I don’t think killing that Lurker after the grinder section is necessary, and he also loses his direction for a few seconds.

Segment 11: Using stasis on the lanky dude who is composed of several heads and running to the door is faster than actually killing him. The door to the elevator is unlocked.
Has a navigation error when entering the shuttle.

Segment 12: The cargo bay can be charged through a lot faster.
As a result of his dicking around, the explosive tank he’s using kinesis on flies away and he has to waste time waiting for another one.
Has a navigation error and gets caught on something a bit into Chapter 10.
He does manage to hack the elevator before the next wave of monsters appear, which is good.

Segment 13: He just charges through the hallway before the centrifuge, which is the right thing to do.
The first centrifuge piece gives him trouble and costs him at least 5 seconds. Putting those things in isn’t that hard. Just set them in and they should set automatically. The third piece is a great fast example.
Goes the wrong way after exiting Decontamination.
Has a bit of trouble getting into the train when he gets hung up on a ramp.
Gets hit with a Puker projectile which slows his movement down for a bit.
Good Observation Deck run.

Segment 14: Picks up a medium health recovery pack just to annoy me.

Segment 15: Not much to say, except that maybe he should shoot one or two Cysts before running through them so he doesn’t get knocked down.

Segment 16: It’s good that he ran through the scanner area without slowing down or getting hit.
I’m not sure why he shot the enemy that was running away.
After dodging the lasers for the second time, he could have run into them again one cycle earlier.

Segment 17: Goes the wrong way after exiting one of the rooms.

Segment 18: Why does he melee the control terminal?
Goes the wrong way near the end.

Segment 19: Melees by accident about a quarter of the way through.

And you can’t open doors while floating, you have to land. Shooting Tiedemann is faster than just shooting, because it takes longer for him to fall over dead if you miss.

Timing
The final time is revealed to be 2:28.

Overall
I’d be willing to look past some of these mistakes if it was a single segment run. Segments allow you to do the same part over and over again until you get it perfect. I’m not sure why he’s doing things like still shooting bodies and going the wrong way a dozen times, because we clearly told him to fix these things last time. This run is just way too sloppy to accept.

I talked with the runner about the Hack Suit, and he's not sure how he got it. He says it probably has to do with the torrent for the patch he downloaded. :-/

Decision: Reject

Reason: Sloppy play for a segmented run, and AFAIK, the Hack Suit can't be legitimately acquired in the PC version.

Keeping this run around for a month, PM me for the link if you want to download it.
Thread title:  
Visit my profile to see my runs!
So, this isn't the reject from a couple/few weeks ago, right?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
No, that run was single-segment, this run is segmented.
DS Dictator
The previous run I'm sure was done on console because I noticed it was featured on Inside Box UK.
Edit history:
gia: 2011-05-16 02:50:56 pm
gia: 2011-05-16 02:50:11 pm
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Just a question, if the PS3 savegame can be extracted and read by the PC version as-is (with just a possible file renaming), would that be legit?
AlphaStrategyGui des.com
Sorry I couldn't submit a verification, I'm suddenly having to relocate due to my wife's new job and we're trying to put our house up for sale, so watching a run hasn't been a priority at the moment, sorry Sad