Sad
<- 1  -   of 21
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Lonely_Lich:
Alright guys, thanks for answering. I really do appreciate it, and I will do a winged spear% run soon.

Looking forward to seeing this.
Hey everyone, I'm new around and was wondering if there was a category for any% run without the kiln glitch, since, from what I've read, it doesn't work on the PC version.

If so, is there any run up? I'm thinking of training for doing it, if it has room in here.
MATHEMATICS
Any% is typically ran without the Kiln glitch on SRL.
Sounds good, I'll check the runs there. Thanks!
Edit history:
saintmillion: 2014-02-05 01:13:34 pm
station
Are there any active Dark Souls runners doing any% unpatched? The new bells-skip/early sen's fortress find has peaked my interest in an any% with the kiln glitch. Would BKH route be altered in any way if the bell skip is implemented?
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2014-02-05 05:25:46 pm
Heidrage: 2014-02-05 05:25:27 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
Just thinking about route here, but why go with BKH when BKS is on the way to Sens? Or is the route to Sens faster via the basin?

Not to mention the stat requirements with having much fewer souls to play with.
There is no skip, it was a fake.
Edit history:
Treynquil: 2014-04-20 09:29:01 pm
I found a new skip that might be useful to anyone that wants to do an any% unpatched run. Similar to how the kiln glitch works, if you quit the game at the loading screen on death, the game warps you to a preset location for the particular area that you are in.  An interesting warp is to jump off the ledge right after you get the Black Knight Halberd. On reload, it places you right outside the room with the titanite demon in the undead parish.  This saves about a minute of walking up the dark root basin.  The problem is that you don't get the two twinkling titanites and so you do less damage to O&S and Gwyn (although you could do the skip after getting those, just saves less time).  You can get a ring of sacrifice by trading a humanity with snuggly after killing the asylum demon so that you don't lose your souls on death for the warp.

Hopefully this helps anyone that wants to try unpatched any%, should save a minute or so of in-game time vs the current record.  I tried this warp glitch in a few other areas but didn't see ones that helped much.
Hey, everyone. I'm trying to mess around with unpatched any%, but I'm running into a major problem - I don't think I'm on the right version. I've never played Dark Souls on this PS3 before so it wasn't already up to date with patches. I took the console offline and played around for a bit, but I'm noticing some major red flags. Asylum Demon isn't dropping humanity (not sure if that's supposed to be random), the Berenike Knight in the Parish is hitting me really softly, and I'm not getting a homeward bone after ringing the first bell.

I checked the game data utility and there is no data for Dark Souls which doesn't make any sense to me. There should be the data for ver. 1.00, shouldn't there?

I tried patching to 1.09 and then going back and deleting the save data, the newly added patch data in the utility folder, and then going offline again and starting over and I'm still running into this issue. Am I doing something wrong?
The fastest patch to run on is 1.05. I don't know if you can get that on PS3 or not.
Would I have to patch via usb or something?
I think I might actually just have too early a version. Didn't realize some really major things for this particular run were between 1.0 and 1.6. I didn't realize that gaining loot automatically from enemies who die in such a way that their corpses become inaccessible was the result of a patch. So I can't get the BKH by knocking the knight off of the cliff.

So I need to patch the game, but not passed 1.05. I don't think that's possible. >.<
Willing to teach you the impossible
I did some research for the 360 for patching backwards and made a guide. I dont have the ability to look into PS3. I dont know if it is possible for ps3. Do some digging around and you might be able to find something for it though.
Edit history:
CapitaineToinon: 2015-08-18 03:05:49 am
CapitaineToinon: 2015-08-18 01:52:10 am
CapitaineToinon: 2015-08-18 01:47:37 am
This has not been linked before, and since this version is really easy to do now and could motivate new people to run kiln glitch (at least I hope so Tongue ), here is a video tutorial of kiln glitch on current patch

The good thing is that now, it works on current patch. You don't NEED to have the disc version of the game like 1.05 used to. It's works with any version of the game. Normal disc, disc "Prepare to Die Edition" and Digital version. The bad part is that you also need a online connection with Xbox Live Gold membership.

Also, if you want to run the current route, it's only working on current patch. The warp glitch done at 6:00 into the run will not work on patch 1.05 (for some reason, if your last bonfire is in the same area than where you're doing the warp glitch, it won't work on patch 1.05 but will work on current patch...)

Current PB/WR is 22:24 but is really bad right now. I'm aiming for sub 22.