List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ComixZone.html

SS any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
This run can be summed up in just 1 sentence. Paper Airplanes for the win. On to a more serious note, this run takes the definition of speedrun and blows it out of the water by doing something so fast you cant even see it. The more i watch this, the more i wish i was turner. I can tell this is one for the record books. There is no cheating and very good audio and video. This is a reject because there was not enough paper Airplanes.....

Just kidding Accept.

Quote:
Episode 1:
Paper planes fly well. No trouble on sewer guy. Death Abuse works well. Perfect Mutant breeding ground section.

Episode 2:
More great paper planes and Rat-use. Minor trip up on the scorpion, not a problem. Possibly the best tournament section I've seen. Annoying rope section, even with bad luck makes the best of it. Amazing punching bad section.

Subnote- Kung Fung: This is the most frustrating battle in the game, causing most the Game Overs. He doesn't have a very predictable pattern and his attacks suck. Even with all the crap he deals out, it gets dealt with. This is one of the few sections where he lost a chunk of time, but, it can be a lot worse.

Episode 3:
Only getting slimed once in the begining is massive. Crowbar guy manipulation = awesome. Good '?' drops. Red Guys don't normally cooperate, this is great.

Subnote- Final Boss:
There isn't a lot to say here, the fight goes as good as expected. He warps in the right places nad is quickly dealt with.

OVERALL:
I deem this 'Accept'. The game is excecuted to the best I've seen in a long time. Played as well as humanly possible from what I can tell. Everything links up and looks legit. Audio and video look fine. Congrats to "Mecha 'Paper Plane Master' Richter.

Quote:
I approve of both the audio and visual quality, I also approve of the amount of paper airplanes in this run and would like to go on to say that no paper airplanes were harmed during the course of it.

Level 1 part 1: Great usage of the items and airplanes, definitely airplanes. Movement is very well optimized. Ending needs more farts.

Level 1 part 2: Rolling to spawn the....uh what the hell are those things anyways... faster is a good plan, well optimized item usage once again. Great luck on the slime children and nice job on the OHKO boss kill trick!

Level 2 part 1: For a game that only has six levels, the following two suck, flat out they just suck. That being said this level was well done and Roadkill cooperated in taking out the obnoxious amazon lady people things, which in itself is huge. The roap at the end didn't troll too hard either.

Level 2 part 2: I loathe this stage, it's my least favorite in the entire game. The enemies are obnoxious, roadkill never does his damn job, and though I've never tried it that worm shaft hardly ever works right. Top it all off with the hardest and most random boss in the game and you've got a disaster.Watching the Kung Fung fight is almost heartbreaking because he is RIDICULOUSLY uncooperative. This would probably be the only point for major improvement, but it's so luck based who cares. Great job tolerating the game long enough to even get that pattern on him.

Level 3 part 1: Troll slime children, all that needs be said. The instant death mines don't help this stage's case either, but once again through good item use and careful planning the stage goes off almost entirely without a hitch, that plane at the end is insanely hard to time even so good job there.

Level 3 part 2: and so comes an end to this short game, and paper airplanes. Man I'll miss those planes... and farts. I'll miss farts too. IN all seriousness though, taking advantage of the enmy AI to get them to take themselves out is awesome, unfortunately the final boss quick kill is missed, allowing more room for improvement. However, as is this will be a long standing run, the randomness that is required to manipulate the two bosses in the same run is immense.

Overall a great run with only a few spots to improve, I wouldn't wish this run on anyone due to it's randomness and immense difficulty, and commend the runner on his patience to actually complete even this run.

Decision: Accept

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Todd 'Mecha Richter' Foreman!
Thread title:  
Haters gonna hate
Huzzah!

I've been thinking about going back to this game to improve on it, but I'm just thinking about that Kung Fung fight again, and the luck needed to get the right ? drops, and I'm thinking maybe it's a good idea not to go back to it. :x

Anyway, thanks for the accept!
Pudding%
We just need to get you to $500 in donations. Then you'll do it.
Twinkle-Twinkle Lil' Star, har har!
I've always loved Comix Zone. I can't wait to see it! Congrats, Mecha Richter!
Haters gonna hate
Quote from Dragondarch:
We just need to get you to $500 in donations. Then you'll do it.

Correct.