List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/CastlevaniaJudgment.html

Persona's Alucard run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Persona is a BEAST.  This run is amazing for the skill shown.  The combo is very tough to pull off that fast (I've tried).  Then tack on the fact that he got stuck with BITCH TROLL LECARDE in the worst possible level (Clock Tower), yeah.  Death's appearance is very rare, but I think it made that level faster, as it's easier to push a bigger target like him to the edge of the stage for the sub-3 second kill.  Yeah, that was AWESOME.

While there is some minor audio desync, a lot of what was in the original recording put on YouTube has been fixed (except the scoreboard).  There's also a minor graphical glitch, but it really doesn't matter much.  Though somebody needs to send persona a better card.  Or a better computer.  Cause DAMN THIS RUN IS AWESOME.  I CAN HAZ UR SKILLZ?

Accepting alongside the current Trevor run, even with the minor recording issues (and for also not showing the difficulty settings, though it's obviously easy difficulty because the AI is stupid).

Quote:
Accept, alongside Trevor

it's pretty bad she thanks me and VG in the comments, but I was a verifier for the Trevor
run so I would be verifying this anyway.
Needless to say, this is better then the trevor run, the combo is harder and quicker, and I didn't even realize you could ring out like that.
As for the video quality, the original video had a half second skip during the eric fight. It happens during the cinematic when the game's clock is paused, and the sound doesn't cut out so I don't think there is any concern of cheating. This normally made the rest of the video out of sync, so I added 13 still frames to it so it would sync up.
Also the sound for the name entry is out of sync for some reason but I didn't do anything to it, it was worse in the raw video. It happens after the credits so I don't think it's a problem.

Quote:
And here I was thinking that this was going to be another Sir VG speed run, but to my surprise we have someone else.  That isn't to say that the runner is bad, far from it.  The combo was very solid, and even if the cpu blocked an attack, the gauge was filled up to a point where the fight would be concluded quickly with the cinematic attack.

This is the first time verifying that I saw a bit of a video problem, at about the time where we see Alucard finish off Eric, the video skips a bit; granted though because this was happening during the finisher cinematic where the in game timer is frozen, this (probably) can be excused.  A strong suggestion to the runner is to probably update your capture card; you might not be so lucky next time.

Outside of that, kudos to the runner for contributing to the fighting games section of SDA, if this keeps up, it won't be considered the minority anymore (even though fighting games on SDA still have a long way to go).

Accept with previous run (Trevor).

Decision: Accept

Reason: I hope you like supers.
Thread title:  
Castlevania?
Big thanks to the SDA team and the verifiers!

I wanted to hold off on all speedrun attempts until I got a new capture card but the Wii was borrowed from a friend and I had it with me for about 6 months so I didn't really have a choice but the do the speedrun and return the Wii ASAP. Other than that, yeah, I don't plan on attempting anymore speedruns until I get a new capture card.