Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/CastlevaniaChronicles.html

Block 1 & 4 runs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Castlevania Chronicles Time Attack
Blocks 1 and 4

For the sixth time poor Simon Belmont has to don his skirt, lace up his boots and eliminate the Wallachian voivod Dracula using only a whip.  Well, his sprite includes a sword but refuses to use it.  I guess it's more humiliating to whip someone to death.

Video is a little dark but not a big deal.  Audio is fine.  No cheating!  Unless it's really really good and I can't tell which is basically the same thing right?

Block 1:
A couple of spots could be tighter: you can prevent the second jaguar from chasing you by throwing the knife at the right moment, and you can use the stopwatch a second time in the merman room since there are plenty of hearts.  But overall I don't think those two changes would save more than .1-.2s anyway.
The run is solid.  Deliberately bumping Simon's head into the ceiling to whip the Giant Bat faster is pretty innovative.  This run beats the previous record by .8 seconds which is huge.

Block 4:
Takes plenty of damage to save time.  Getting hit on the turning blades on stage 12 is unfortunate and costs almost a full second.
Why doesn't Simon turn into stone when he gazes upon Medusa?  Maybe he wears beer goggles.
Medusa might be the most unpredictable part of Block 4.  At times she will be stunned hardly at all and sometimes it's so frequent that it ruins everything.  If you get a lucky pattern you can drain her health very quickly.  The performance here isn't bad, but it isn't as lucky as it could be.
The time saved over the previous record is half a second.

Decision: Accept.

Quote:
Looks like a couple of solid improvements to the IL table, even if they are small. The runs are still improvable by more fractions of a second, but it's still an easy accept. Maybe one day we'll see even further improvements and get this table scary close to optimal.

Quote:
Audio/Video quality are fine.  Both ILs are decent improvements - I especially liked the new boss strat for Stage 1 and the strat for killing the spearman below the floating platform in Stage 4 rather than just taking the hit.

I vote to accept both ILs.

Decision: Accept

Reason: An improvement to an improvement to an improvement is pretty much a no-brainer Tongue

Congratulations to Nicholas 'Sir VG' Hoppe!
Thread title: