List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Jacob 'UltraJMan' Ritz's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio and video are good, unlike the game. From first frame of player control to the frame where the final boss takes his last hit, the time of the run is 8:46.2. There are hardly any blatantly visible mistakes in the run, so it looks very clean even though there is some time lost here and there. As far as I can tell, the strategies are very fast and probably optimal in most spots. I'm not going to test any strats myself though because I only played through this game once because I had to verify this piece of shit after giving it to J for the poverty exchange. I'm actually a little pissed J finished the run so quickly, especially since he left me with motherfucking Grabbed by the Ghoulies, which is a run that probably takes longer than all of his Castle of Dragon attempts combined. Fuck you J, you fucking fuckernaut.

Put this buggy pile of horseshit up on the site.

Quote:
What is love , dargon don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Why is this, run going on the site; because, it can. This game is so awesome, it rocks, i nver watched it. wtf!

J is so awesome of a player, a player, oh yeah!

What is speedruning, noone knows, noone knows, in chat!

WTF!! this is a post? I dont know? no more? what is this game, i have no fuckkng clue, it's a game about a dargon!

This game is soooo awesome! it shoudl bre first in the quese list and go out first.... why isn't this game up yet!!!

MIKE, youre the dictator, make it so (just like ccaptain picard))

audio is beer and i'm drinking it until i can't drink no more, no more.

J is aweosme, this is accept. no more chatting. done now.

ACCEEEEEEEPEPEPSEPESPEPEPEPEPEPEPEPEPPPPPPEPTTTTTTTT!!! (mike, yo uknow you're awesome)

Quote:
I didn't spot anything suspicious in terms of cheating. The video quality isn't the greatest, but that seems to be a common denominator for verification copies of nes-games.

Level 1
-------
One or two minor execution mistakes, but time loss acceptable (1-2 seconds). Keeps the fireball until the boss. Overall ok.

Level 2
-------
Pretty much as level 1. One or two minor execution mistakes, but overall ok.

Level 3
-------
Fireball kept until the end. I can't see much of improvement left here.

Level 4 (Main hall)
-------------------
Pretty insane luck keeping the fireballs all the way to Medusa. A few minor mistakes in the level and the blue dragon can be beaten faster. Getting the pattern where the blue dragon just sits and waits saved a bunch of time though (I'm not sure if it's possible to do this consistently).

Level 5 (Caverns)
-----------------
Again, very good luck with keeping the fireballs as long as the runner did. I have one question for the runner here. An alternative way to take out the second blue guy (the one dropping the armor) is to jump over him and make him fall into the pit. I'd say that would be faster, but maybe it was to specifically get the armor ? Considering that the tas does like the runner, I will leave this as a question mark for now. We're speaking of maybe up to 2-3 seconds saved at most, so it's not a runbreaker in itself.

Level 6 (Roof)
--------------
The level starts out with an ugly mistake, where the runner misses to jump over the drop the first time. The harpies are kind of bitches with their randomness, but I'd say they went down as fast as could be expected. I'm questioning the runner's hestitation when not jumping through the fireballs though. The runner says that they mess up your jumps if getting hit. I tried it out and I disagree. If you have problems here, I'm tempted to say that it's more because the jump timing is off than the fireballs playing tricks. I'd say a couple of seconds were traded away a bit too easily.
Another small question mark is with the moving platform right before the boss. You can definitely save a second by jumping off it a bit earlier (well knowing that the earlier you jump off, the more risk you take). Finally, nice cockfight. I like how the runner managed to get the cock all stiff by gently stroking it with his mace. Tongue

Level 7 (Fire pits)
-------------------
Ok.

Level 8 (Mirror hall)
---------------------
Not much to say. The last boss fight is pretty cheap because of the lag fest that it'll unavoidably end up in. You can't really take it slowly, because your energy is constantly drained by projectiles that are more or less impossible to dodge. It's all about survival at this point (and I can testify that it's not easy).

Overall, there is no doubt that time can be saved in several places by cleaning up a few mistakes, maybe study enemy behaviour in even more detail and getting more luck. That being said, it's an overall solid performance with a degree of luck that already now will be hard to replicate. I guess people not familiar with this game will think it looks pretty simple. It looks like the runner most of the time just mashes away either not taking hits or just outlasting some of the stronger enemies by trading hits. I can however say that this is not an easy game (not necessarily for the right reasons, but whatever). Anyone thinking you can blaze through the game by just mashing away and trading hits is up for a surprise...

Recommendation
--------------
Accept. Good job saving yet another princess from the clutches of an evil dragon.

I timed the run to 0:08:45. I used frame 782 as start of player control and 32310 as end.

Decision: Accept

Reason: The first person to actually run a game from the bad game exchange. I don't know if that deserves congrats or sorrow.
Thread title:  
Balls jerky
Hooray!
Is PJ
Congrats and sorrow to J!
Glitching EB 1 flying man at a time
Congrats to drunk verification!
Weegee Time
A game from the bad game exchange?  Oh I have got to see this...