<- 1  -   of 37 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
dabes
Um, a question about the Radiata Stories bounty:

It says that it wants a 100% run with all characters. But that's impossible to do, since about halfway through the game, you pick between two sides (human and fairy creatures), and depending on which side you pick lets you get either the human characters or the fairy creature characters. It's impossible to have them all at once. If only it were like Chrono Cross lol. You can get all friends in your "friends list" (basically a logbook showing all the characters you've recruited), however:

1. It would require two playthroughs to get the list filled, which means a run would need to be submitted of two playthroughs back to back, or just the second playthrough(?).

2. Since it requires a second playthrough (via NG+) this would either need to be renamed to be a NG+ run, or, it's some two playthroughs together run, a SS and NG+ combination run. SS+NG+? lol

3. Having a character in your friend's list isn't technically having them in your party. If I play the human side first playthrough and nonhuman in the NG+, I'd have the human characters in my friends list, but I wouldn't actually "have" them. It just recognizes that I've acquired them before, whether in the current playthrough or past ones. So this technically still doesn't meet the requirement of "all characters".

Anyways, yeah I think this needs more clarification. This game is a really underrated gem of an RPG, and I'd be up for possibly giving a "100%" SS run a shot in the future, but first it would be nice to make sense of this bounty request lol
Waiting hurts my soul...
Two playthroughs, NG+ is implied by 100% all characters, and I don't think number 3 is an issue. Looking in the game thread:

Quote from spineshark:
edit: let nobody take this as anything more than a hypothetical (haha) but I was having a little discussion about 100% with Molotov (mostly it was started from talking about chrono cross).  Specifically how it'd be categorized.  Obviously you can't get 100% friends without using New Game +, though the split in the game is so clear that you could arguably have two 100% runs, one on each side.  In other words, the options I can think of are:
have two runs categorized as 100%: one where Fairy path is selected, all characters are recruited which are affiliated with that side, and Valkyrie(/Iseria/Quasar?) are defeated.  One where Human path is selected, all human recruits are earned and Valkyrie(/Iseria/Quasar?) are defeated.

have one run that's 100%: play through the game as one side (I'd lean fairy actually), recruiting all characters for that side (and finishing postgame to whatever extent is deemed necessary heh) then using Strong From Start to play through the other side with all recruits (really fast!).

Quote from Enhasa:
You'd pick a path for the first playthrough. Then when you beat Aphelion, you watch through the ending (I don't think you can skip but it's short) and start a "strong from start." Then you can go the other path and get a complete friends list.

TAF, would you mind advertising these bounties on gamefaqs for me?

Edit: You have to get Lenneth too though of course.

Quote from Enhasa:
100% runs rely on finishing the game, so while there's not much of a precedent, I'm sure the ruling would be that you would need to finish the 2nd loop too. Not like that would be much of a problem really or even be much farther. There might be later requirements, but Adele and Galvados are each very near the end. This also implies that you would get Lenneth before doing 2nd loop.

You can read more of the discussion here: http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/radiator_stories.html

PM slowbro if you have any questions after that.
Sounds like Maverick talk to me.
question about the splinter cell bounty: stealth rating arent really counted on the fifth one and the Double agent game theres some weird glitch you dont get the 100% stealth rating on the snow mission.
I'd like to cough up the game "RUSH" for Steam to anyone who can set a speedrun of any sort for the game "Q.U.B.E.". It's a first-person puzzle game for the PC and I like it quite a bit so I've decided to offer up a prize for a speedrun to be made of it.

My only requirement of sorts is that your run gets accepted and is done before the end of 2012. Oh, and if you don't have Steam (you probably do if you're playing Q.U.B.E. but just in case), you can give RUSH to a friend. Wink

One day I'll get a speedrun on this site...... *eyes start to twinkle in meager hopes of being awesome*
Pudding%
Oh, I should probably make mention that Rane paid me $10 for "Breaking the Rane Curse" while we were at AGDQ.
2 More Bonties

$1000 - Kingdom hearts 1 Normal difficulty 100% - Do end of September 2012 ~ Must be submitted to SDA

$1000 - Kingdom hearts 2 Normal difficulty 100% - Do end of September 2012 ~ Must be submitted to SDA
Edit history:
puwexil: 2012-02-18 03:08:23 pm
Professional Second Banana
For KH2, does 100% mean 100% world completion (filling in all keyhole symbols on the world map) or 100% journal completion (on the stats screen after the credits)?
Edit history:
Strongfox: 2012-02-18 03:17:36 pm
Quote from puwexil:
For KH2, does 100% mean 100% world completion (filling in all keyhole symbols on the world map) or 100% journal completion (on the stats screen after the credits)?

That would be 100% journal completion. Witch can be found http://faqs.ign.com/articles/754/754225p1.html at that link for full list needed to complete his journal.
Well shit, puwexil do I have some competition or what?
Edit history:
dunnius: 2012-02-18 09:37:25 pm
dunnius: 2012-02-18 09:36:53 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
I guess you will have to race speedrunning it!

And I think we expect both of you to complete submittable runs within seconds of each other.  Tongue
Edit history:
puwexil: 2012-02-19 12:14:13 am
Professional Second Banana
Quote from spikevegeta:
Well, puwexil do I have some competition or what?

Probably not.  Doing a 100% journal run hasn't really interested me since a lot of the journal goals look pretty awful to try to do in a speedrun context, even if it's segmented (some of the Twilight Town minigames, the last battles of the Hades Paradox Cup, farming enough synthesis materials to make all of the combinations, etc).

With that much money at stake though, I'll definitely look into it again at least. Tongue

Quote from dunnius:
And I think we expect both of you to complete submittable runs within seconds of each other.  Tongue

We'd probably have to stream attempts at the final segment and then have a referee lined up to watch the replays, in case of a photo finish.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
I'm putting a 20 dollar bounty on Bloody Wolf for the Turbo Grafx 16 (also available on Virtual Console). Here's some insight on what this game is all about...

http://www.twitch.tv/mikwuyma/b/311290731
(skip to 2:29:35)

Whoever decides to tackle this is gonna need alot of MUSCLE EMPHASIS TABLETS, that's for sure. Due March 2013; any% SS is fine.
For the KH1 bounty, can you give an exact definition as to what you would consider 100%?
Quote from Strongfox:
2 More Bonties

$1000 - Kingdom hearts 1 Normal difficulty 100% - Do end of September 2012 ~ Must be submitted to SDA

$1000 - Kingdom hearts 2 Normal difficulty 100% - Do end of September 2012 ~ Must be submitted to SDA

I think I know what I have to spend the next 5 months of my life doing.
Edit history:
Rakuen: 2012-07-04 08:20:40 am
Weegee Time
There's a lot of 2011 and early 2012 bounties that have expired now, it might be good to clean up the list.

Also, I will bump my FFX-2 bounty up to $50 and extend it through the end of 2012.  As long as it is submitted before the due date, it can pass verification at any time after that.
50$ to skate 2 100% SS
20$ to skate 2 SS
150$ to skate 2 Segmented Sub- 1hour 30min (It is really high cause I don't even know if segmented is possible)

Hopefully this will get some people to start planning some routes with me
You can cross the Half-Life bounty off the list (I've received payment from LG).
SEGA Junkie
Spinball can be taken off too, I received payment from footbigmike.
Also I'm putting 50$ for anyone to speedrun any game SS 100% that is more than 12hours. If you like those rpg type games. Needs to get accepted into SDA. Must be completed before June 16, 2017.
Waiting hurts my soul...
SS... 12+hours... never going to happen.
How long is Wind Waker 100%? That might be getting to 12 hours...but then again, the current SS any% on that game is slightly over 6 hours.
1-Up!
TQM hasn't updated the first post since December. Looks like he hasn't even logged in since then. Anybody want to be in charge of this? Needs to be somebody who's been around and is trustworthy, since there are dollars on the line here. Wink
I nominate flip for being that trustworthy face we can all turn to....
Edit history:
Pheenoh: 2012-05-08 02:27:32 am
Pheenoh the mean-o
Quote from doicm:
How long is Wind Waker 100%? That might be getting to 12 hours...but then again, the current SS any% on that game is slightly over 6 hours.
Even with the definition change to include all treasure charts (it should have included them in the first place...) a good run would still be around low 11 hours, high 10 hours; maybe even less.
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from Flip:
TQM hasn't updated the first post since December. Looks like he hasn't even logged in since then. Anybody want to be in charge of this? Needs to be somebody who's been around and is trustworthy, since there are dollars on the line here. Wink

I'll volunteer to do it.

Quote from ljackstar:
Also I'm putting 50$ for anyone to speedrun any game SS 100% that is more than 12hours. If you like those rpg type games. Needs to get accepted into SDA. Must be completed before June 16, 2017.

Quote from ZenicReverie:
SS... 12+hours... never going to happen.

Skies of Arcadia Legends would fit this perfectly. Dunno if my sanity could take it though...