Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2011-08-07 08:03:18 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Easy difficulty Single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I would like to congratulate the runner for creating this run. It looked really nice and the runner had a lot of good luck which made it go much faster. The strategy seems optimal since I can't figure out a better strategy. Maybe if a few less clubmen spawned at the enemy base then it could have gone a second faster but it is still an excellent run regardless. I wasn't planning on submitting that first run but after seeing what it inspired I am glad I did. Great job.

I accept this run.

Quote:
It's unfortunate that when you return to the main menu from the options menu that you lose the game music, but I guess that's acceptable. That's the only bad thing I have to say. Good job. Accept!

Quote:
While this is a run of the kind of game I once argued fiercely we shouldn't accept runs of at all, it is very fast and done pretty much as well as you can realistically hope for.

Short of someone beating this run before Flip's verdict is passed, which given the run's history isn't entirely out of the question, there is absolutely no reason not to accept it.

P.S. It actually made me actually laugh out loud when I saw that the runner had encoded and submitted IQ and XQ versions of this. Cheesy

P.P.S. As Verifier 2 said, it's a shame the run doesn't have the music because the music is the best thing about this game. I figure if TheVoid posts on the Tech Support board there will be somebody who can edit the music back in / explain how to do so. Apart from the fact that the music is cool, having it in removes the risk that someone will start the video, observe that there is no sound, turn all their volume up trying to get sound, and then reach 14 seconds and go 'oh my god there IS sound and the meteor storm just blew up my eardrums.'

P.P.P.S. I make the time for this run 40 seconds, starting timing from the first frame after the controls instructions disappear and ending it on the frame where the enemy base reaches 0 HP, and then rounding the time down.

P.P.P.P.S. Congrats to TheVoid on getting another sub-minute run of a short and shallow Flash game on the site. Wink

Decision: Accept

Reason: The runner and two of the verifiers all improved upon each others runs while the original was still in verification. This was the fastest and the other two conceded.

Congratulations to Bart 'TheVoid' de Waal!
Thread title:  
Thanks all for verifying!

Yes, the game music... (Good point about turning up the volume and eardrums) It's indeed unfortunate that it's not there Sad I shall create a thread in Tech Support to ask how to mux it in.

Oh and yeah I thought IQ and XQ were possible for this run Cheesy The quality difference is a little noticeable and the run was recorded in 1680x1050 at 60 FPS.