Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-11-19 12:41:28 am
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speedddemosarchive.com/Actraiser.html

Patrick 'PJ' DiCesare's Professional! mode run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Fucking run starts at fucking 9:05.  Fucking cut the fucking fat.

Fillmore Act I: 2 fucking seconds faster.
Fillmore Act II: 12 fucking seconds faster.
Bloodpool Act I: 3 fucking seconds faster.
Bloodpool Act II: 5 fucking seconds faster.  Lost 1 second at the boss.
Kasandora Act I: 3 fucking seconds faster.
Kasandora Act II: 16 fucking seconds faster.
Aitos Act I: 10 fucking seconds faster.
Aitos Act II: 16 fucking seconds faster.
Marahna Act I: 9 fucking seconds faster.
Marahna Act II: 16 fucking seconds faster.  Lost 1 second at part 1.
Northwall Act I: 5 fucking seconds faster.  Lost 1 second on parts 2 and 3.
Northwall Act II: 17 fucking seconds faster.  Lost 1 second at the boss.
Deathheim: 4 fucking seconds faster.  Lost 11 seconds at Arctic Wyvern.
Lost 6,780 points.

Overall, 118 fucking seconds faster.

This fucking run fucking sucked.

Fucking accepted.  Stupid fucking glitch wall-jump.

One more fuck for fucks sake.

25 times over, fuck.

Quote:
Basically the same as the above, but with a lot less 'fucking' around. Everything not mentioned was pointed out in the runner comments.

Accept.

Quote:
The actual run starts at 9:05, so the stuff before that should be cut out.  I would say, "Welcome to Reset Hell Theatre!", but I believe that will be reserved for ActRaiser 2.
Good job pulling off those wall jumps.  I suck at it, and I was trying it tool assisted.

Accept!

Here are my thoughts on a few levels:

Fillmore Act 2
It may be possible to save a second by avoiding the apple.  It would have worked this time, but it is risky since it is hard to determine future damage.

Kasandora Act 2
Just wanted to say good job pulling off that shortcut.  I thought that was a TAS only trick, but I see that I was wrong.

Marahna Act 1
That wall jump you discovered will save over 3 seconds in the TAS.  In my testing, I found that jumping off the top of the screen caused a screen transition, not death.  If it will work, it will save a little over a second compared to walking to the right.
It is also possible to use another wall jump during the boss battle using the right edge as the wall, and the vine to take damage.  If it can be pulled off, it would save time.

Death Heim
I love that there was 1 health at the end.  I know it wasn't intentional, but it made for an exciting finish.

Decision: Accept

Reason: This is a fucking great run.
Thread title:  
that Metroidvania guy
reminds me of that scene in trains, planes, and automobiles
Fucking Weeaboo
You've got the order wrong, romscout.  It's "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles."

(No, I haven't watched that movie.)
that Metroidvania guy
i take the train more often; it came to mind first

also i was thinking of this scene
The Dork Knight himself.
Doh!! Best part was cut off Sad
Is PJ
Hahaha.  Love the comments.  Thanks for verifying, everybody!  Wink
Congratulations PJ

-James
Willing to teach you the impossible
I think I know who the first verifier is. Nice comments, nice vid rom. Grats to PJ. Been busy I see.
Intruding N313 and F014
I am the third verifier.  I must correct my statement on Marahna Act 1.  That new trick only saved 2 seconds in the TAS because jumping always causes death, so walking to the right must be done.
Is PJ
Quote from dunnius:
I am the third verifier.  I must correct my statement on Marahna Act 1.  That new trick only saved 2 seconds in the TAS because jumping always causes death, so walking to the right must be done.

Yea, I haven't been able to not die when jumping there.  How did it save time in the TAS?  To be honest though, even if it did save time to jump at the end, I still wouldn't do it just because the chances of me landing that particular wall jump in the first place are so slim.  ^_^

You are correct about the Fillmore Act 2 apple.  That level has a few different possibilities for my health.  If I make it to the elevator in time, which I do here, then my health is usually at 3 or 5 during the final climb.  If I miss the elevator, I have to use the red slime to activate a wall jump.  That's actually faster by like 4-5 seconds, but much harder.  It leaves me with 3 health for the gargoyle room, so I have to spend a second killing one instead of tanking a hit.  I then only have 1 health for the climb and need to grab the apple.

I don't know why I mentioned that now, actually.  Anyways, I always grab the apple just for security on the boss.  If I force him to wolf transform, I usually take like 3-4 hits in total, and would die.  On the other hand, I've had a few battles in which I only get hit once, so I would've lived there.  I just get in the habit of always grabbing the apple, though.  Smiley  There is a faster route to grab it and save a second, but I rarely can do that.

Thanks for verifying!
Intruding N313 and F014
It saved time in the TAS because you discovered a trick that the TAS did not use.  Zidanax has added that to the current WIP.

You were thinking of Bloodpool Act 2, which is even more difficult to guess damage, so I totally understand getting the apple there.  But even in Fillmore Act 2, it is still very difficult to guess damage.
Is PJ
Ohhhhh sorry.  Yes, you're totally right.  I could've skipped the apple there.  I actually stop to pick it up because it doesn't take much time, if I remember correctly.  The alternate plan would start sooner but run into more spikes/bats, whereas this one pauses but can then run between the spikes and such.  Yea, sorry for the confusion.  I thought it was a particularly bold request to ask me to fight the Zeppelin Wolf with only 5 health, but hey it works sometimes.  Wink

Quote from dunnius:
It saved time in the TAS because you discovered a trick that the TAS did not use.  Zidanax has added that to the current WIP.

I was wondering how the jump off the top of the screen saved time in the TAS, but I see that was just a misunderstanding.  Smiley  I'm glad I was able to help, though.  It's a neat trick.  Haha.