Sad
<- 1  -   of 44 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Fucking Weeaboo
The reason why it works with a hardware setup (like how I've seen stuff like Jumbotron DS work) is because they directly tap into the system.  Plus since they're transfering via USB (which is more solid then Wi-Fi), it won't be limited by bad conditions and such.  Plus standard USB transfer speeds is faster then 802.11b anyways. (about 1.4MB/s)  USB 2.0 is even better (~57MB/s) so it can handle the higher loads of information much better then 802.11b can...by a mile.

The bigger issue is more of processing power rather then transfer speeds.  That's why a hardware hack (like what's being worked on) works, because it simply intercepts the data as it's going though the system and processes it via its own processing power, thus not straining the system.  Cause if you strain the already weak processing power, everything will simply lag.

(This is why if you ever try forcing interlaced on a PSP-2000 via hacking, you have to boost the CPU speed.  It has to work harder to do the extra processing - in this case de-interlacing.  You get some wildly different results with some games running at 266Mhz [the default] compared to 333Mhz [the fastest I can overclock it].)

Note: This is a lot of theoretical stuff.  I may be wrong, but remember, actual results can and may wildly vary from theories.
See my Ytube.
Yes i understand but for just taking a screenshoot not sending live video, it wouldnt be much hard wouldnt?
Visit us!
It actually is, if you want to take specific screenshots.
Unless you want to make a screenshot of a static pause screen.

Just connect your Anddroid phone, or iPhone, on VNC, and you'll see what I mean.
This actually looks rather promising. I won't be buying one myself as I don't have a 3ds, but it is a thought to consider. Anyway, because others have complained I will tell you that USB capture is 100% fine with me as long as the drivers/program are open source and are officially released for both windows and linux.
This actually looks rather promising. I won't be buying one myself as I don't have a 3ds, but it is a thought to consider. Anyway, because others have complained I will tell you that USB capture is 100% fine with me as long as the drivers/program are open source and are officially released for both windows and linux.
Visit us!
This project isn't even official.
I'm actually using Windows, Mac, and Linux, so I'm fine anyway, but Mac OS X drivers could be great, as Mac OS X is the most stable OS on my Apple computers (the fastest I have).

Actually, when I got the DS Capture Device (YH-NITRO-CAPTURE), I already tried to recompile it for Linux, but the driver was closed source, and the viewer was made in Visual Studio, making it even harder to recompile.
See my Ytube.
Oh and what about the dsi capture any progress?
Visit us!
So far, nobody of us has a DSi Capture in progress.
Quote from YamiHoshi.nl:
So far, nobody of us has a DSi Capture in progress.

Didn't this switch to 3DS a while back?
Visit us!
It did, I was just replying to Dicamarques.
DS Dictator
So it seems Gametrailers has finally got a Retail Direct Feed Capture Unit:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-11-the-legend/718039
(Head to ZeldaSpeedruns.com and head to Ocarina of Time 3D forum -> Boss Time Attack for more info)

And there's a new online update on the 3DS mentioning about unlawful use like Flashcarts, etc. I hope Nintendo doesn't do a bad move and release an update that disables this add on that is coming out in the future.
Main Work!!!
I personally think that we should find a way to contact nintendo and convince them to create an update that contain a inner recorder (one or two screen at choice) and at the same time create a internet site(along with the internet update they are planing), accessible only with the 3DS that we could upload 3D video. At the price we are paying this, I personally think it would be fair.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
when the system doesn't even have the ability to take a snapshot of a pause screen, i doubt they'd put in recording capabilities.
Visit us!
I'll wait on Neal for it, but we'll need to wait longer, as he's just back from his trip.
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2011-07-28 12:53:02 pm
Greenalink: 2011-07-28 04:13:17 am
Greenalink: 2011-07-28 04:08:10 am
Greenalink: 2011-07-28 04:01:40 am
DS Dictator
Slightly good news today, the 3DS are officially getting a price drop on August 12th - onwards.

US: $249.99 to $169.99 (-$80)
Jap: 25,000 yen to 15,000 yen (-10,000 yen)
UK: Apparently 33% off  * Highest retail ~ £220, price cut to ~ £150
      Cheapest Online:  ~£160  to ~£120
In case you didn't know, the UK never had a fixed price point that there was even a pre-order war ranging from £220 to £175. Amazon UK average price is around £170 at the moment, there was a few days/1 week where it was around £160 as New. 

http://www.videogamer.com/news/nintendo_confirms_european_3ds_price_cut.html
Quote:
Nintendo of Europe also announced plans to offer an exclusive Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme to consumers who have purchased the Nintendo 3DS at the original launch price. The programme will enable these Nintendo 3DS owners to download 10 NES games and 10 Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games for free

Edit
Part of the 3DS Ambassador game list revealed

Then, from 1st September, ten NES games will be free to download. Nintendo have confirmed five to us, so far: Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Jr, Balloon Fight, Ice Climber and The Legend of Zelda.

After that, by the end of the year, ten more Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games will be available to download for free.

They will be exclusive to those part of the Nintendo 3DS
Ambassador Programme, and there are currently no plans to sell them in the future to other consumers.

Five GBA titles have been confirmed so far: Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario Vs Donkey Kong.

Mario Kart Super Circuit, Super Mario Advance 4 & Metroid Fusion* are the only revealed titles on the list to orginally have Link Cable support, I have a huge feeling that it might not happen on the 3DS ports.  The european build of Super Mario Advance 4 did not have e-Reader support and even if it did, I don't know how that would work on the 3DS port (QR codes scanning method perhaps as an alternatve). Metroid Fusion is notable to have an Easy difficulty on the Japanese release, reducing the Boss's HP by ~ 50% and having less attack options,

* Metroid Fusion is unique because you can link up to Metroid Zero Mission to unlock exclusive artwork on Zero Mission.

Edit 2:
According to GoNintendo:

Here are a list of missing features

NES

- Will not have instructions manual but can be viewed on Nintendo Website (this will change once games officially release)
- Will include switch player option
- Cannot control both ports at same time
- Will not include snapshot feature from GB and GBC VC games
- Quit Snapshot feature similar to VC games on the Wii
- Full versions released at a later date will receive full back up features
- Future updates will allow transferring of NES VC games to another 3DS

GBA

- Will not have instructions manual but can be viewed on Nintendo Website
- Games will not have peripheral support via communication capabilities
- Pressing Home button displays a simple menu with access to Home Menu
- "Backup entire function" function "abort VC" does not correspond to both
- In games with a save function, and select the save, play the Game Boy Advance title at the end, will save the data (Google translation)
- Closing 3DS will initiate sleep mode
- StreetPass/SpotPass turned off while playing
Edit history:
YamiHoshi.nl: 2011-07-28 03:37:46 pm
Visit us!
I think the GoNintendo thing is fake.
I mean, why should Nintendo remove all of the usual features?
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2011-07-28 04:33:07 pm
DS Dictator
I hope the Gonintendo feature is fake too.
* The free Four Swords game out in September is based on the GBA port and that one originally had Link Cable Multiplayer, now the DSi Ware port is doing it by wireless.

One reason why it could be real:
* Some of the current 3DS VC titles are missing features
Donkey Kong '94: Missing Super Game Boy support (more accurate colours and some 16-bit sound effects)
Link's Awakening DX: No Gameboy Printer
Qix: You can't select 2 Player mode, even though reviewers said that on the original physical copy, 2 players was basically passing the console to a different player, not the traditional 2 player link cable connection.
Fucking Weeaboo
Well, given that there's been hardly any good games out and numerous cancellations, I'm not surprised.  This is a bad sign for the 3DS IMO.  Unless something bigger then OOT3D comes out, it might just go the way of the Virtual Boy.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
not this nonsense again. let's wait until Mario kart and Super Mario 3D are out before we determine the system is really dying or not.
Visit us!
People in my country are most likely not buying the 3DS, because it's either to expensive, or it "doesn't have any advantages over the DS" (by this, they hide the real meaning: No 3DS ROMs and 3DS Flash Cards).
Hey all Ive been out of action for awhile, im still following up on some stuff and I know of 6 US publications that have some type of 3DS capture device. But haven't been able to talk alot about it because of E3,Comic Con and soon Pax Prime. Once those have gone, I can get some more chat time with my industry friends. That's all. My crusade still continues. thumbsup
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2011-08-12 04:49:58 am
DS Dictator
Because the UK never has a fixed price, there is going to be a price war yet again and today the cheapest price you can get in the UK is at:

£115 at Tesco (Instore/Online) and Amazon UK (online)
GAME instore is currently selling it at £149.99, but I doubt the retail games are less than £40!

Such a huge discount, bigger than I expected to be honest because it's even cheaper than a new DSi XL.

Also Nintendolife has posted an article with updated info on the 3DS eShop Ambassador saying that the GBA games on the 3DS will not have link cable support Sad meaning GoNintendo's article 2 weeks ago might be true.
Visit us!
I've read simular thing at the Japanese Nintendo site as well.
We also don't have any fixed price, so while the smaller shops sell a 3DS for € 179,99, the cheapest available now is € 159,99, which is still more expensive than Greenalink already mentioned.
Visit us!
I was at Gamescom, and I've talked to the PR.
Suddenly, they now know about the Capture Unit, but they only have 1 available, and it's been loaned out to TV programs only, so no gaming websites.
Visit us!
For people still wanting a DS Capture Device, act right now!
Loopy will have only 100 Boards available in 3 weeks.
You'll need to have a DS Phat, though, since Lite works a lot different, it's harder to program for, and it has less space.

Unlike mine, this is a really small board you have to connect inside your DS Phat, without any soldering (it's a passthrough method).