Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
SDAVerification: 2021-08-31 02:00:35 pm
SDAVerification: 2021-08-31 01:59:54 pm
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/YuGiOhPowerOfChaos.html

Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos: Yugi the Destiny () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Unverified

Reason: This run first wins a rock-paper-scissors game and then gets 5 specific cards out of a deck of 40 to summon Exodia. Exodia instantly wins the game.  The probability of this happening is 1/2*5/40*4/39*3/38*2/37*1/36 or roughly 1/1.3M (yes, one in 1.3 million).

There is a known method to manipulate the RNG and make it viable for real-time speedruns. This method (which would have been acceptable for an SDA-submission) was however not used. The claim is instead that this run was achieved by making attempts until the RNG lined up for the Exodia win.

Claims of incredibly unlikely outcomes naturally need to be acccompanied by compelling evidence. What's provided for this submission is insufficient for supporting the claim being made. As a result, it's not possible to fairly verify this submission and it will therefore be listed as "unverified".

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/verificationfiles/2363/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos: Yugi the Destiny () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/YuGiOhPowerOfChaos-20210813/Yu-Gi-Oh%21%20Power%20of%20Chaos%3B%20Yugi%28Exodia%20summon%29.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Quote from SDAVerification:
Are you manipulating the RNG in any way (setting the computer clock or other)? If yes, what is the wished for RNG-outcome and what does it do? Are there any other steps involved in the quick finish?

Quote:
I got this instant summon Exodia by playing 2000 + games.
Theres no RNG manipulation, just pure luck.
This is the fastest way You can win in this game.

what does "summoning Exodia" do? Is summoning Exodia so rare that it took you 2000 attempts to summon them once or are there also other variables in the run?

Quote:
Summoning Exodia is so rare that it took me 2000+ games played. It is instant win if you get the 5 Exodia cards.

Is the following correctly understood and can you help fill in the blanks?
1. Rock-scissors paper game that decides whether you or the opponent plays first
- Is the chance 50/50 to win?
2. Both players are dealt 5 cards
3. You received 2 legs, 2 arms and 1 body of the same character (Exodia).
- How many cards are in the deck? If you don't know, roughly how many different cards would you say there are?
- Is there only 1 card in the deck of each of the cards you need or are some of them more common? If you don't know, do you receive each card roughly with the chance of 1/[however many different cards you think there are in the deck]?
4. A full set like this allows you to summon Exodia which instantly kills the opponent.
- What is Exodia's ability?
- Does the opponent have health or in what way are they killed?

Quote:
40 cards are in the deck.
Exodia summon - instant win; No matter how many health the opponent has. 35 cards and Exodia 5 cards.
1. Rock-scissors paper game that decides whether you or the opponent plays first:
-chance 50/50 to win.
I can't get the math to add up. If you want to get 5 specific cards out of a deck of 40, the chance would be 5/40*4/39*3/38*2/37*1/36, which is one in 600.000. It's extremely unlikely that you would get that result in only a little over 2000 attempts.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
AntonioPeremin: 2021-08-18 06:46:48 am
I got lucky with it. That´s why i got it with 2000 tries. That is why I mentioned the number
of tries that took me to summon Exodia.
I know that the ratio is 1 in 600.000.
How do you count how many attempts you've put in? Also do you ever stream the grind?
I have writen down the number of tries.
On what? A piece of paper or a text file? Are you able to show us the file or paper?
Here it is.

Attachment:
It's of course completely possible for someone to start making attempts in the hopes of getting a result that will likely take hundreds of thousands of attempts to achieve. But I find it highly unlikely to be the case. I'm sure there are other speedruns, where players are trying for outcomes with very low success rates. However, I'm not aware of any similar examples where not getting the perfect outcome is an instant reset, like in this game. Even if a person isn't aware of the probabilities beforehand, it must quickly become apparent how difficult it is to only get 3 or even 2 Exodia cards in a hand of 5 and then understand the monumental task ahead.

The evidence provided here for supporting the claim can't be used to conclude how the run was achieved. There is e.g. no stream history, just a single video showing the bare minimum. Showing the deck before or after the game would have been helpful (but maybe that wouldn't actually have proved anything either). In principle, there is always a doubt about the legitimacy of every speedrun. But the doubt is in general so small that most people accept it. In this case, it's in my opinion the other way around. The claim is highly unlikely, but admittedly possible in theory. Based on the information presented so far and without saying anything regarding the legitimacy of the run, I don't see how a third person can state much about the run. It's basically unverifiable in my eyes.

If there are methods to improve the probability of getting the 5 Exodia cards and that were used in this run, that could change things. However, then they need to be presented.
I always record single videos, so that I do not need to cut out the video that has the best outcome.
I never stream grind also.
I was surprised when i got exodia summon; I was expecting it around 1 in 400.000-600.000. :But I got it in 2058 tries(I was just lucky).
If you thought you would have to put in even just 400 000 attempts (the correct figure seems to be 1 : 1 200 000 if you count having to win the paper-rock-scissors to win immediately), and we, quite generously, assume you can all stop the old recording, start the new one, change the attempt number in your little notepad file, and start a new duel within 20 seconds on average, putting in 400 000 attempts would still take you 400 000 x 20s / [60s/min] / [60min/h] = over two THOUSAND hours.

Secondly why did you expect a value "around 400 to 600 thousand"? Either you did the maths and you had the exact number... or you couldn't have had ANY IDEA. It's not something you can just have a gut instinct about.

Through the few days that we've been talking about this amongst ourselves, I've been thinking back to your previous runs that I can't see you having cheated in any way... and if anything, I'm the one who's been less skeptical about you, but after thinking about it that way... you're saying you would have been happy to spend OVER 2000 HOURS (that's over 90 days) doing nothing but staring at the screen waiting to get this stupid instawin to happen once? Really? Is that really your story here? And you didn't, say, abuse the system clock in some way to guarantee that hand instead?
(user is banned)
Edit history:
AntonioPeremin: 2021-08-21 07:52:15 am
Yes, that was my plan. I just wait for it to happen and it happened in 2058 tries. I would wait even that 90 days if it would take me so much. Sometimes You just need to be patient and go hardcore for it.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-08-21 01:25:15 pm
So apparently you this and two other similar Exodia runs up on Speedrun.com but then you deleted them. Is that true? If so, why?
(user is banned)
Edit history:
AntonioPeremin: 2021-08-22 09:10:34 am
AntonioPeremin: 2021-08-22 02:04:24 am
I was banned for a different reason and all my runs Got deleted. Now I am unbanned again.
Was that reason related to Yu-Gi-Oh? You were banned from the whole site or just the Yu-Gi-Oh part?
I was banned from the whole site.
And how many attempts did you put into the other two Exodia runs then?
I did not count. I was for a year, just playing the game;  was going hardcore.
Now I did it again. I will not speedrun this game anymore.
And why did you get banned?
For a wrong reason; That˙s why I got unbanned again.
I think this will be my last question: Do you have any evidence of what you said you did with the other two Exodia runs than the videos themselves?
(user is banned)
Edit history:
AntonioPeremin: 2021-08-30 03:55:57 am
AntonioPeremin: 2021-08-30 03:55:30 am
AntonioPeremin: 2021-08-30 03:55:21 am
AntonioPeremin: 2021-08-30 03:55:21 am
AntonioPeremin: 2021-08-30 03:55:10 am
AntonioPeremin: 2021-08-30 03:55:06 am
No, I have no evidence. Anyways the runs would not be accepted, because there was a timer in the top right corner.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
ValorAngelxx: 2021-08-30 05:10:28 am
ValorAngelxx: 2021-08-30 05:10:18 am
ValorAngelxx: 2021-08-30 05:10:18 am
Hi all.
Congratz on this awesome speedrun. Exodia in first turn summon, very rare and it is worth waiting for it to happen.
Video: good quality. I hope that you will continue and summon Exodia in Joey and Kaiba versions.

Accept!
Hi there ValorAngelxx; I will not be running Joey and Kaiba at this time. Maybe next year. Looking forward.