--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
SDAVerification: 2013-10-29 08:39:04 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'MURPHAGATOR!'
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/wurm/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Oct. 16, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Heavy Metal Powered
Watched the HQ version. I've never played the game or seen videos of it before.

Video quality: As good as NES gets.
Audio quality: Great.
Cheating: None found.

Routing looked good, the runner seemed to know exactly what he was doing and where he was going at all times. A couple of tiny hiccups in the shape of failed jumps, they cost a handful of seconds in total, nothing that to me warrants a rejection.

Verdict: Accept.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Warepire:
Watched the HQ version. I've never played the game or seen videos of it before.

Video quality: As good as NES gets.
Audio quality: Great.
Cheating: None found.

Routing looked good, the runner seemed to know exactly what he was doing and where he was going at all times. A couple of tiny hiccups in the shape of failed jumps, they cost a handful of seconds in total, nothing that to me warrants a rejection.

Verdict: Accept.

This everything.
I completed this game once (casually, on emu) not long ago.

A/V: There is a blurriness of the background and on many enemy sprites. I remember that the graphics seemed a bit sloppily programmed when I played on emu, but this blurriness was not present.
Legit: Yes.

Gameplay: I was very curious to see what a speedrun of this game would look like. When playing this casually, I had huge problems with the boss fights because of the extremely poor hit detection. This run hits pretty much everything, except one missile (at 25:22). That ended up wasting around half a minute. From my experience of this game, I would expect someone to miss a lot of hits at the bosses. The fact that there is only one miss in this run makes me wonder if there is a consistent method for the boss fights or if it was indeed extraordinary with only one miss this time. I leave the question open, but wouldn't mind hearing the opinion of the runner (or someone else who've played this game). Other than that, there were a couple of platforming mistakes. I can relate to pretty much all of them (it's easy to accidentally jump through a hole to the next floor etc). The time loss was acceptable imo. I couldn't find anything wrong with the routing either (I admit not having looked at it in any greater detail though).

Overall: Someone should take a look at the video quality. I personally don't think it's a major problem, but at least I wanted to point it out. I recommend ACCEPTing the run (but adding a minor question mark regarding missing one of the missiles at the ship boss).
TwitchTV: chairbendr
I also have no experience with this game

Video Quality: Good
Audio Quality: Good
Cheating: I didn't find anything obvious, it seemed as if a human was playing it.
Gameplay Quality: Have to agree with the others, even if there are a few mistakes leave it to someone else to improve on it if they want to. This is SDA quality.

Accept
Fiiive
I played through this game. I can't see how any relevant amount of time could be saved anywhere, so it's an easy accept for gameplay.

There does seem to be something wrong with the video encoding though. If you go frame-by-frame, it goes back and forth and back and forth, which is causing that blurriness ktwo was talking about. I looked at his Bad Dudes run and it didn't happen there.
Terraffirmative!
I actually noticed the weird video thing when I decided to check the video for something after submitting it, I'm really not sure what happened. Its not in the raw recording and I've never seen it in an encode before. I'll re-encode it from scratch tonight and see if that fixes it.

As far as the one mistake that ktwo pointed out, the missiles have really, really bad hitboxes (well, honestly everything in this game's shooter sections do). I have a general idea of where to shoot, but honestly, especially on the projectiles, I really am mostly just guessing at where exactly I'm going to score a hit. It shouldn't have cost as much time as it did, the boss just decided to delay his next spawn a really really long time. On one hand its a fairly costly miss, but on the other hand I usually miss a lot more than just one thing, so I just decided to give it a pass.
Decision posted.