--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-11 04:40:57 am
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
great optimizations Splatt all improvements very welcome Smiley I'll add them as alternate methods in the master post Cheesy

edit: also could you make a video of you doing the Vent OoB so I can see your process because I just can't get it (some input notes would be nice also) ;3
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-11 10:26:04 am
We nearly had a skip for Mission 2 ... We kind of do still have a skip for mission 2 but it's very ... awkward...

Basically I'm on the barrels climbing over them until I get the right animation [You will notice when I surface My screen jumps that's because the climb animation is happening multiple times]
I can now be forced through certain walls by jumping at them in a certain way. from there I'm under the map but I'm too low to pull myself through any floor which would actually be useful ... *Sigh*

The "kind of" skip comes from being able to swim directly to the end of the long fall section.

I'm gunna be testing this barrel charge thing in other maps too.

Edit: Mission 2 Skip With Barrel Charging:

Ignoring the fact I died twice this is what it may look like, you will stop for health + armour along the way so you don't die which in turn will make it quicker than this pre-view. I'm kind of wondering what happened to all the guards when i died the second time there was like 2 instead of 6. [Also if we actually figure out how to get it quickly and consistently that'll help too]

I'm still not completely sure about how the barrel thing works as of yet but I've only been able to get through the wall with 3 or higher barrel grabs (you need to drop into the water each time btw)
Edit history:
Blood Thunder: 2015-05-11 10:25:03 am
Blood Thunder: 2015-05-11 10:23:41 am
I may have missed it but did you ever try activating the actual end level trigger with that oob? (going to the wheel and turning it) Or is that simply not activated at all until you pull the 2 levers to open the door?

I'll record a video of the vent oob after work, and I'll try to see if we can't use corner mounting in combination with it. very well could work since you would be vaulting ontop of something with no other objects getting in the way (in theory). Could lead to a skip in ch 1!

Nice stuff Swartt, digging the background music :3.

I'm starting to wonder how much more we can find in TNO, might have to go back to it soon.
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-11 10:49:46 am
hey BT you actually can't swim under the wheel at the end you fall down onto solid ground and going past the big hill end up in falling endlessly so there is litterally no ground to stand on.

edit: if you do my route perfectly, its like 20 seconds quicker ... so don't do it basically lol
ah ok. So how much time could this potentially save if everything went well?

I had an idea on the escape mission that probably won't work but has anyone tried jumping off the top of the 1st railcar instead of sliding down? I accidentally walked off during a run yesterday and it almost looked like you could make it to the platform. If you fall off, you actually fall for a long time before the game decides it wants to kill you, so maybe we could abuse that somehow and skip the 2nd railcar all together? (fall to the floor and run/swim over to where you would normally drop down).
Here's a video of the 'Vent Clip' in ch 1 (could be done in a few other places too).

I very quickly realized that corner mounting probably won't work in combination with this since crouching puts you back in bounds and you're unable to jump once you're fully inside the vent again. Still could lead to something if we can find a way to get enough height.
Derp...
Ok so here are 2 OOB i've been working on they look promising but also aren't really working out haha I'm sure if every one jumps on these we might find something.

Derp...
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-12 02:02:17 pm
Judgy: 2015-05-12 01:59:03 pm
Judgy: 2015-05-12 01:56:51 pm
I'll look into these if i ever actually get round to playing the final level lol

Edit: Mission 2 Is broken ... and probably any other mission with climbable objects in water....

BTW: the method for clipping into objects is to jump up then spam crouch.

I AM THE MASTER KEY!

Ignore the fact that I reloaded and it removed my charge in the video it was to show that you need to reapply it as restoring a save will remove the effect (as will changing levels) you'll notice after I exit the water from reloading I get no screen shake.

As far as what your looking for: you are looking for the barrel to fling you at highspeed off of it ( the more times you do it the more chance you have) also when you exit the water you're looking for screen shake (the bigger the better)
I can only assume once again that you can't clip through the big/main gate? or one of the walls in those spiral staircases that would allow you to skip going for the 2 levers entirely? Its a neat trick and I'm sure it saves time but the amount of time spent getting the barrel fling (twice) and clipping through those doors makes a bit less exciting. Still awesome none the less!
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-12 04:14:18 pm
Was actually thinking if you combine the two tricks go in thru the near wall to the first lever so you don't need to reload the check point you can then have the saved charge for clipping through the second door.

Also yeah you can't do it on the main gate and the two spiral stair cases seem too far away to reach the area behind the main gate. I will play around with various things tomorrow. Edit: I have an Idea ..... Watch this space tomorrow ;3

The reason the main gate doesn't work is because you rely on being able to jump and crouch , the gate has a low section which you can fit under when crouched but you can't stand up again making the process fail.
Rye bread, beer and snus
So when are you guys going to check if any of this stuff works in TNO? Tongue
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-13 07:19:41 am
Judgy: 2015-05-13 07:15:42 am
Judgy: 2015-05-13 07:13:39 am
Quote from Hepe:

When we are done destroying this game Tongue

oh yeah!, nearly forgot :3 Enjoy ...

WARNING!!! R.I.P HEADPHONE USERS!!! TURN VOLUME DOWN!!!

Note: The time spent in the water where I can't mount the barrel it there to show exactly that, I'm so high in the water I can't use the barrel any more.

BTW: Practice this shit!!!! sometimes the door is easier to clip through sometimes the wall but just don't expect it to work first time.
it would be nice to have some effort to help me work out how to make clipping a simpler process then just mashing jump and crouch.
Being able activate both in this method makes it much more viable, and looks like it could possibly get us to that sub 1 goal! (also, nice music ;p)

When you're doing the barrel charging, can you not try to climb up the other side as well so you don't need to swim around every time or can you only do it with that one side?

Quote from Hepe:

Sadly, a lot of things we are finding are very situational so these particular things won't work in TNO. However, now that we have an idea of what kind of things are possible in the engine, we can probably find some better stuff in TNO.
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-14 11:36:00 am
Wolfburg get unstucked:

WARNING!! More Gabba / Tano*C music inside.

Basically if you're stuck inside the wall simply swim left to the pole then face along the wall, then : Hold left, press crouch and jump repeatedly until you are forced through.

Now everyone can be less frustrated when they get stuck. Tongue

also: tried to use the apron and the door from directly below and that is not a thing in this game sadly, it might be possible on land but in water you can't use climbable walls the you are next too for example you have to be standing.
Edit history:
Blood Thunder: 2015-05-16 01:54:16 pm
Awesome new skip! (saves upwards of 2 seconds).

It's actually pretty tricky but going for it once doesn't cost anytime. If you miss it, you just run up the stairs anyways :p.

Also, I found this a while ago. A method for storing a mini-gun in your weapon wheel (with 1 use), even without the Perk:

I sometimes go fast
I can't get unstuck from the wall in Wolfburg using Judgy's method so I found an easier method.

Just go to the right pillar and swim down. You'll go right through the ground and then you can swim under the wall. No need to spam
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-17 04:57:16 am
Haha it's whatever works Tongue

Tbh I think people prefer finding their own methods for this kind of stuff as you can have varying degrees of stuckness and also sometimes it's hard to explain exactly what's going on.

Still kind of confused as to the why... But this works when you jump off from the quick rotation (the barrel is making me turn, not my own inputs)

Also #SprintingCrouchJump @ the first door haha damn that clip was nice.
I nearly had something new for mission 2 It's a pain in the ass and isn't worth doing in a run but you can clip through the main gate, I was streaming when I found it but Twitch didn't archive my stream so I'll re-do it tomorrow when I stream again. (trust me it isn't faster it's just ... possible).

www.Twitch.tv/Judgy_ (BTW) ;3
New WR 1:01:26! (http://www.twitch.tv/bl00d_thunder/c/6709786).

Sum of best is now 59:47, even without a good ch 5 split so its possible! Cheesy
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-19 02:29:34 pm
Judgy: 2015-05-19 10:07:14 am
Judgy: 2015-05-19 07:29:15 am
so here it is:

http://www.twitch.tv/judgy_/c/6711788

Enjoy, It's difficult ... also looking at it don't follow my advice of always going backwards, my backwards + forwards method seems more consistent after doing it a few more times.

Also after hours of testing this happened.... and yes you can exit the level even though I don't show it in the video below.

More gate skip stuff,

http://www.twitch.tv/judgy_/c/6716726

<3 <3
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-24 05:48:18 am
ESCAPE!!!!

Swim towards where the lines meet between what looks like houses or boulders and what seems to be a dug-out mine area about halfway between the two and above the white boulders.

CLICK FOR LARGER VERSION.
Rudi Jager Quick Kill Method:

Hit his Electro things once then uncover his arm then fire at his arm repeatedly this damages his HP directly and you can one cycle him.
Ignore the fact I have INF ammo I was trying to test some things with Cheat Engine, to give me higher jump but it didn't.

From talking with Blood_Thunder we have reach the conclusion that this could be done using a stored Mini-gun or 2 x Shotguns. I  felt the minigun took longer or maybe hits really randomly on armoured enemies but its whatever works for people.
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-27 03:11:14 pm
Judgy: 2015-05-27 03:11:03 pm
Quick Minigun Pickup:

With your Full length pipe in your hands, Attack, Pick-up the Minigun, then Sprint away.
[This could probably be done in other ways however the main objective is to override the pick-up animation with other animations]
(my method uses 2:  The pipe strike animation and The arm movement animation from sprinting)