Judgy: 2015-05-10 11:17:29 am
Judgy: 2015-05-10 11:17:15 am
Judgy: 2015-05-10 11:13:57 am
Judgy: 2015-05-10 11:09:01 am
Judgy: 2015-05-10 11:04:08 am
Judgy: 2015-05-10 11:01:19 am
Judgy: 2015-05-08 08:18:56 am
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
Okay as this is the "master" post I'm turning it into the base of operations so we can get a grasp of: what has been tested with success, what shows promise and what was tested and falied.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Skips:

Introduction Chapter - Save+Quit Door Skip:
Explanation: afterr killing the guard run to the door and once the checkpoint icon comes up S+Q and you pop straight into the room. Saves around 8 seconds

Chapter 1 - Swimming Finish:
Explanation: By jumping onto the boxes then jumping into the pillar the player will drop through the pillar and then through the floor, once swimming if the play sets the right tower of the Wolfenstein castle backdrop to between 10 and 11 then strafe swims they should reach the room at the end of the tunnel where they can then use the lever.

Chapter 3 - Handrail Hop (Fight Skip):
Explanation: Climb on to the handrail of the stairs on either the left or right sides then aim up to the railing on the upper level jump towards the rail and spam the jump button with any luck you will be pulled over the railing skipping the fight and the button press.

Chapter 3 - Wesley Skip:
Explanation: Ignore Wesley he'll be fine, Run upstairs to the final door that opens with a short run up sprint and slide into the door and mash the use button with any luck you will interact with the button pulling you through.

=== Alternate Method:
Explanation: Jumping from underneath into the corner next to the left side of the door allows the grab to happen from below (quicker but not quite as easy)

Chapter 5 - Mission Skip:
Explanation: By jumping onto the wall of the boat house you can clip through the wall and the floor which allows you to swim to the end of the tunnel after Pippa's house.
Note: When you drop down you will sometimes be stuck in either; the wall (in which case aim into the wall and head the the left one of the pillars will allow you into the wall)
or stuck in the floor (where you can move really quickly through some objects, in order to drop below and start swimming you simply need to crouch and you will fall through [Your character model shortens from the top when crouching])

=== Alternate Climbing Method:
Explanation: By jumping onto the hooks in the manner shown you can climb directly to the single boat. (avoids the horrible stagger jump)

Chapter 6 - No-one Clip:
Explanation: Upon climbing up the wall head to the left then run straigh through the main room to the middle room, jump on to the seat and jump towards where the wall and the lockers meet you will clip into the floor and fall down into the water. Once in the water head towards the debris as I do in the video and once inside the ground spam jump to pull yourself up then run to use the Mech.

Chapter 7 - Gate Clip:
Explanation: By backing the Mech up to this gate then exiting your character will pass through the gate where you can then use the lever to open the gate for your Mech.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glitches That might be useful:

Lean use:
Explaination: by leaning through certain obstructions you can enable the use of event items such as hatches and buttons.
In the example below if you crouch (to get lower to the floor) then lean into the bars you can use the hatch.

Weapon Merging:
Explanation: Same method as in TNO have two weapons out then swap to another set of dual weapons when about to use a ladder. (And yes I know its a video of TNO not TOB but the method is exactly the same)

Corner Mounting:
Explanation: By crouching then using jump while aiming at a particular point in most corners you can execute the mounting animation, this may or may not lead to a complete clip, I would assume this depends upon objects / walls next to the wall you are using.

Barrel Charging:
Explanation: By vaulting over the barrels in the water the game gets confused as to your current properties and allows you to clip out of bounds under the right circumstances.

Tested List:
- The Mech in ch 7. This area is really short and I don't think it can be done any faster unless we go out of the map and somehow activate the end trigger without the mech. (Not Possible)

- The choice in ch 6 (waifu% or hubby%), I did a rough estimate on how long they were and I believe Waifu% is a couple seconds faster but probably needs a few retimings to make sure. Could be a good donation Incentive some day. (NEW SKIP)

- Ch 5, someway over the gate into pippa's place. (skip knocking on the door and getting the key). (NEW SKIP!)

To be Tested List: (Ideas and Theories)

- Checkpoint skips, it seems the devs figured this out and most checkpoints I've noticed set you back. There is one in the escape, after you run/fight the giant dog when you're halfway up a climbable wall that sets you at the top on the bridge. Might save a few seconds, haven't timed it. There might be a few others.

- Buttons/Interactables, Basically all of these need to be checked to see how far away and at what angles they can be hit. I've looked at most levers/buttons but not the hatches/wall climbs/doors.
Thread title:  
I haven't completed the game yet but I found out if there is a checkpoint in a vent and you die and go back into the vent your character will be standing up and you can see OOBs, couldn't find a way to jump OOB with any I've done accidentally so far but just thought I would let you know.
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-08 10:41:22 am
Judgy: 2015-05-08 10:40:20 am
Basically this prevent you having to do anything after you drop down into the last area Including that boring boat ride. Swim swim swim.

Once down inside the pillar head towards the Castle (the fake castle backdrop) using strafe swimming until you find the room of the last tunnel and use the lever....simples

Redemption are you playing on Pc on console? because aFAIK this was a thing in TNO also but only on console versions of the game.
I play on PC, Cheesy
Hey there Judgy, you qt :3.

Anyways, I found this skip in my 1st playthrough. basically the same mechanic as the boat in TNO.

There are quite a few things to look into:
- Checkpoint skips, it seems the devs figured this out and most checkpoints I've noticed set you back. There is one in the escape, after you run/fight the giant dog when you're halfway up a climbable wall that sets you at the top on the bridge. Might save a few seconds, haven't timed it. There might be a few others.
- Buttons/Interactables, Basically all of these need to be checked to see how far away and at what angles they can be hit. I've looked at most levers/buttons but not the hatches/wall climbs/doors.
- Damage boost, there are some turrets and dogs in various areas that could damage boost use a bit. I tried in the very end of chapter 8 with the descending stairs but those were regular enemies and I couldn't get any height.
- The Mech in ch 7. This area is really short and I don't think it can be done any faster unless we go out of the map and somehow activate the end trigger without the mech.
- The choice in ch 6 (waifu% or hubby%), I did a rough estimate on how long they were and I believe Waifu% is a couple seconds faster but probably needs a few retimings to make sure. Could be a good donation Incentive some day.
- Ch 5, someway over the gate into pippa's place. (skip knocking on the door and getting the key).
Truljin @ Twitch
Looked around a bit but have yet to find something useful, nice skips so far!
It's not a great time but from my initial run, it looks like 1:10:00 will be a solid goal to aim for in time. I'd love to get enough timesavers for a sub 1 run!

Here's the vod (I should easily be able to beat this :p):

http://www.twitch.tv/bl00d_thunder/c/6664867
Edit history:
Blood Thunder: 2015-05-09 12:48:51 pm
Oh another thing to look into, the big robot guards have collision when dead. (have to pull the plug off their back, otherwise they explode)

If you run into their body and jump, you can actually get a bit of height. Haven't found a place where it allows us to get anywhere but maybe if we could lure them to certain areas 1st?
Edit history:
Blood Thunder: 2015-05-09 02:04:40 pm
Video coming soon of a new skip. Its fucking sexy.

Edit: Enjoy! (I call this the Wesley Skip ;D)

Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-09 02:11:23 pm
oh snap, I love it haha I was wondering if something in that room could be avoided (I forgot the cutscene plays upon interacting with him) damn nice Blood Cheesy

Edit: I'll actually get back to testing some more stuff on monday probably, or maybe tommorow if I get any free time
Edit history:
Blood Thunder: 2015-05-09 02:13:33 pm
I just did my usual thing of sliding into doors randomly and saw the little interact hand pop up. Luckily this is one of the very few buttons you can reach from a distance. This should save a pretty solid chunk of time :3.

Rough estimate ~ 4:40 saved from my initial run
Truljin @ Twitch
Tested some of the ventilation checkpoint abuse but can't find a solid (huhu) way to go OOB completely.

Also looked at leaning a bit more and it might be possible to abuse for clipping through things, like the big gate with the two big locks on docks.
Quote from lillbrorsan:
Tested some of the ventilation checkpoint abuse but can't find a solid (huhu) way to go OOB completely.

Also looked at leaning a bit more and it might be possible to abuse for clipping through things, like the big gate with the two big locks on docks.

Spent like 2 hours trying this very thing today, you can lean really far thru if you go to the very center crouch then lean (alt+A or Alt+D) then when leaning peek (Alt+W) but you can't get through.

I'm not about to discourage you however, feel free to attempt the shit outta that  haha
Truljin @ Twitch
Will stream and keep trying and hope it works out somehow, also one OOB in Chapter 5 but not sure if it is at all useful.
Chapter 5 skip is a thing, skips you all the way to the waiter part.
If you are stuck in the wall swim all the way to the left (if you're facing towards the wall your trying to get through)

Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-10 11:15:00 am
Judgy: 2015-05-10 11:14:47 am
Judgy: 2015-05-10 05:15:07 am
someone on youtube found a clip on chapter 6 which i turned into this,

Nobody%

enjoy

Edit: when doing this after you  are under the floor you need to spam jump to make the climb animation happen and pull yourself through.
Awesome find! but thats ch 6 :p.

Getting very close to sub 1 possibility now!
got something new coming in a few it concerns testing every corner in every room in the game  ....maybe haha
I sometimes go fast
So I got a 1:07:48 but I didn't use the chapter 6 skip.
I'm going to do another run but I feel like by the time I'm done, Judgy will have found some new oob skip
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-05-10 02:11:50 pm
ignore the Goldrush Alaska in the background haha

Basically you can mount nearly every corner, corners made by a wall and an object don't seem to work so well but two walls meeting does work.
It could that that this forces us inside something which we can then clip through.

By crouching then using jump while aiming at a particular point in most corners you can execute the mounting animation, this may or may not lead to a complete clip, I would assume this depends upon objects / walls next to the wall you are using.
Truljin @ Twitch
Getting close to sub 1! Can't wait to find more stuff Cheesy
again ignore the Gold rush Alaska.

First Save and quit to save time. Run forward into the door then save + quit , simple saves like 8 seconds maybe.
Edit history:
Blood Thunder: 2015-05-11 10:40:32 am
Blood Thunder: 2015-05-10 07:58:48 pm
Blood Thunder: 2015-05-10 07:55:23 pm
Couple things,

1) your 'weapon merging' video actually links to my gate clip video, :p
2) The save + quit in the escape saves time too, like 1-2 seconds
3) Found a way to potentially keep the big turret guns. I'll try to get a video up tomorrow. Essentially if you pick up the gun at the same time as you're vaulting over something you can put it on your weapon wheel but have out a different weapon. Could be useful, not sure yet.
4) New 'WR' 1:03:29!
Derp...
I was screwing around with this before Judgy found the out of bounds but I was like na I probably can't get up here but after seeing the out of bounds I tried it again and sure enough haha.

It definitely feels faster and much more consistent but that's my opinion haha. 

Derp...
and what seems like a quicker way of doing the Wesley skip.