Smiley
Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I think I've found a pretty consistent way to do the skip, at least for me. When you walk up the steps before the fight line yourself up with the right wall of the stairs, and then roll/run straight all the way up that you can go so you're against the statue. Roll left when he tries to hit you with his right hand, then run down a little bit so you're against the back of his left hand. Then run up so you dodge his left hand attack and you should be pretty much right in the left corner of the statue. Then just wiggle and you'll (probably) make it through. I can make a video if my description is lacking.
Is that working every time (or close to it) for you? I'm almost certain I understood your explanation perfectly, but it seems to be just as much of a dice roll for me. I wonder if it has anything to do with FPS? I'm also wondering if it works on both PC and PS4.
Welp, as soon as I post that I'm back to just about 1/10 or 15 for hitting the skip now, so I guess I don't have it consistent and might have just gotten lucky a few times in a row Sad I still think this skip can be consistent, but hell if I know how to do it.
Radicool
I think it might work better with a lower FPS but im not sure
Oh shit
Man, I really hope this gets fixed. Although the bug is really cool, I really don't want to have an unreliable strat right at the end of a run >.<
So I just realized something: He's "floating" even before you activate him, so assuming he starts from the same height every time, all of the movement starting from when his floor gets loaded would probably have to be routed to get this skip consistent, assuming it does have to do with his height.
Yeah I noticed that as well and tried to see if I could find a consistent combination of movements from entering the area, but didn't have any luck. Not sure if it is based on height, but if it is, then yeah we could hypothetically figure out something that always works.
Edit history:
OMG its a duck: 2015-04-21 06:07:16 pm
OMG its a duck: 2015-04-21 06:05:38 pm
In case you didn't know, (like I didn't), you can kill Gol-Set but not steal his soul so you can play around with the skip without the hands killing you. Anyway I think I found a lead: If I hold run and up against the wall a little to the left of the corner, and then slide over to up-right so you drift over to the corner, then go back to straight up right as you hit the corner, I can get through the gap somewhat consistently, maybe 75%(Edit: nvm, more luck maybe, more like 25%, but hey at least it's something). Maybe it has something to do with straightening up right as you hit the corner?
I just did a run with what I would consider near-optimal movement with the ice area route, and after calculating time losses for a couple of imperfections on boss kills, my final time with better bosses likely would have been within a couple seconds of Samots' 13:36.5. Samots' run had a good amount of imperfections in it as well, so considering that, I'm going to go ahead and tentatively lean towards the forest route being faster, unless he and I have enough variation in loads to make up the difference (though I'm doubtful of that since I run the game on an SSD.)

And that sounds interesting, duck, but I'm not sure what you mean by "and then slide over to up-right so you drift over to the corner, then go back to straight up right as you hit the corner." In order to "slide over to up-right", wouldn't you have to hold up right? Then if you're already holding up-right to do that, how could you "go back to straight up-right"?
Edit history:
OMG its a duck: 2015-04-21 06:14:02 pm
OMG its a duck: 2015-04-21 06:11:04 pm
OMG its a duck: 2015-04-21 06:09:59 pm
Sorry, I meant "slide over to up-right, then slide back to up at the moment you hit the corner". So the inputs would be something like *up* *up-right* *hit corner* *up with maybe just a hint of left*

Edit: FWIW, I found the forest route to be faster in my testing as well.
Oh okay, I'll try that and see if I can get it any more consistent.
Radicool
The best I could come up with for now, if you always drag the fist to the spot on the video you can get a shot at the clip if you don't get the clip immediately
Edit history:
BananasaurusRex: 2015-04-21 07:22:35 pm
BananasaurusRex: 2015-04-21 07:22:30 pm
BananasaurusRex: 2015-04-21 07:13:11 pm
Yeah I'm pretty certain that the forest route is faster now, there must have been something not taken into account with the testing. Just got a 13:27.60 RT run with the forest route (not using the Gol-Set skip), and that was with a couple of things costing a few seconds:

1) After the mushroom kill it didn't trigger the area exit even though I was at the very bottom of the screen, took a few seconds to realize and move up/down again to trigger it.
2) I accidentally didn't charge long enough on the bank shot to activate the Mimic's switch, and it took me a couple of seconds to correct it.

Other than that, a few movement imperfections here and there, but mostly solid. There's no way my mistakes on the other run cost enough time to put it ahead of this route.

Video:
Edit history:
Tohloo: 2015-04-21 10:42:24 pm
Radicool
Quote from OMG its a duck:
Sorry, I meant "slide over to up-right, then slide back to up at the moment you hit the corner". So the inputs would be something like *up* *up-right* *hit corner* *up with maybe just a hint of left*

Edit: FWIW, I found the forest route to be faster in my testing as well.

Yeah, if anyone else actually wants to go for this I recommend you practice by killing the boss, but not retrieving the arrow.But yeah I found this to mostly right, except I press against the wall at a 80~degree angle then press up as I round the corner. From messing around I don't think you can actually clip while you are not rounding the corner, so If you don't get it the first time: push left up with the stick and press up while rounding the corner again
Edit: I'm gonna start doing this:get the right fist to try to hit you once then switch to the left afterwords he will shot a big horizontal laser that takes enough time for you to attempt the clip twice.
Little tidbit in case anyone didn't know, it's faster to go Lava Slime, Mace Skull, "Boulder guy that rolls at you", forest warp than Lava slime, boulder guy, Mace Skull, warp by a few seconds.

Also, how the hell do you guys do Sludgeheart so well? Is it just resets over and over or am I missing something? My Sludgeheart splits are usually around 1:00
Edit history:
Yagamoth: 2015-04-22 02:40:04 am
INTJ
Really nice skip, I finally caught up ^^

Does anyone have a consistent method on how to get out of bounds on the lava rotating skull boss? (There is a video about this earlier in this thread) I wanted to play around with it but couldn't get it to work.

My theory on how it works, is: The boss pushed you around at a slightly higher speed than normal movement. By being just in the correct position, the collision detection for the wall does not jump into action because the player -just- appeared past the wall from one frame to the next. In short, it requires some form of push from the boss and a very thin wall.

So if we can identify where the walls are thin enough AND bosses have a push mechanic we might be able to do something with this in different and maybe even useful places. I wonder whether all the maps are interconnected like in Earthbound in some form..

So, what are push mechanics from bosses? (Also maybe it requires a push mechanic which does not kill you when colliding with a wall?)
- Knight? (When hitting his arrow?)
- Rotating skull
- Yeti
- Ice Face

I think that's about it.. Of all the ones aside from the rotating skull, I only think the Yetis wall might be thin enough to pass through. But that's kind of hard to know
Quote from OMG its a duck:
Little tidbit in case anyone didn't know, it's faster to go Lava Slime, Mace Skull, "Boulder guy that rolls at you", forest warp than Lava slime, boulder guy, Mace Skull, warp by a few seconds.

Also, how the hell do you guys do Sludgeheart so well? Is it just resets over and over or am I missing something? My Sludgeheart splits are usually around 1:00

Yeah that's the order I did them in in my most recent video, as I did some testing myself and came to the same conclusion.

As for Sludgheart: yes. It's just lots of resets. I guess I've gotten to the point where I'm not satisfied with 50s+ there, so I just play a little more aggressively and reset when he fucks me, which is like 9 runs out of 10. Others might be better at it than me, but it's kind of a dice roll if you're going for sub-45s.

As for the idea of using the possible pushing thing elsewhere, I don't think it would be useful for any other reason, right? You have to kill 7 bosses to open the door and I can't think of any reason you'd want to clip through anywhere else. I might be missing something, though. Could always be worth messing around with clipping/pushing in general though, who knows, maybe you can get pushed out of bounds or into a glitchy faster-moving state or something.
INTJ
The idea mainly is, that if the maps are interconnected we might be able to walk behind the gate directly to the last boss loading trigger. That's a big "IF" though
So in the absence of a script that compensates for loading times, does anyone more technologically inclined know if loading the game off of a flash drive would be as fast as playing from a SSD?
I tried with a ramdisk and i still get pretty present loads. i have a loading value for steam but it won't work for the GOG version. And also it might just die on random steam updates so not too good about loadings right now :/
Radicool
Can anyone else confirm the In game timer pausing during loads? I'm trying to get a good sense of how much I'm losing to loads compared to someone with an SSD. My run and Samots have the same amount of save warping and the same mistake.
Ruling the cosmos!
Alright, just finished my casual run. Helluva game, but hella short. So I'm probably gonna join in running it, if for no other reason than I want to play it more, I'm not satisfied yet. I'll be streaming all that if y'all wanna come check it oot. I only kind of skimmed this thread, honestly want to figure most things out myself, more fun that way for me, but hey, if y'all want to come give me some tips and tricks I'd still appreciate it. Anyway, see y'all around!
yeah toloo, the game timer does pause during loads
Just learned you can do the Unlimited roll glitch before killing slime, block and icebrain.
It's done by killing Guradian with the fastkill, but when you claim the soul- do it right outsides of the slime entrance. Enter, then leave again before the animation ends and you'll have unlimited roll.

Also, if you claim the soul while hanging from the vines, you softlock the game.

Hopefully we can use this state for something interesting!
Edit history:
Drack: 2015-05-05 12:07:49 pm
Hey guys Drack's here,
So I have been speedrunning Titan Souls for two or three weeks now and came to say hello.

Here is my PB in 13:28 IGT

Was my first deathless run so far. If you guys have any thought just told me !

I'm actually trying to break the the game by trying all kind of things everywhere on the map, I'll come back if I get anything !