Smiley
Sad
<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Having trouble being able to sprint in the safe cutscenes, is this during the black screen or when you enter the hall way to run?
You dont actually sprint but it only seems to work when i hold sprint while doing it. I mentioned yesterday i thought it might be the save but i made a new game for the great safe scene i just posted and it worked the same so i dont think it was that.
Maple hasn't posted this yet but http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3836493 is the skip he found for chapter 2. Using a vent you can go OOBs from the top floor of inside of the building, from there you just walk out of a wall and head towards the last set of pipe platforming.
Quote from ogam:
Maple hasn't posted this yet but http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3836493 is the skip he found for chapter 2. Using a vent you can go OOBs from the top floor of inside of the building, from there you just walk out of a wall and head towards the last set of pipe platforming.

Wow oO
Edit history:
Popemaster: 2014-03-07 03:21:35 pm
Hey guys,

I've been focusing on individual chapter runs, so far I have chapters 1-3 finished. Haven't messed around with glitching yet, but hope these help!

Chapter 1 Lockdown (2:07)
Chapter 2 Dust to Dust (6:21)
Chapter 3 Dirty Secrets (6:22)

Tricks:
Ch 1 you do not have to steal the jeweled mask to finish.
Ch 3 when rotating the staircases you can press your cancel action key and the staircase will drop to whatever side it is closer to.

Edit: Ch 2 with skip: Chapter 2 Dust to Dust (3:13)
For chapter 2 when entering it from the streets, you can hold sprint + forward (not sure if you need to hold swoop) after the loading screen, after the cutscene you'll start at a sewer level without taking damage.
New patch won't allow for safe clip, make sure you are running the older version. If you are using steam, there's a part in properties that says betas and a drop down menu to select which version you want.
So as well,

Anyone interested in running the challenge modes?
http://www.twitch.tv/mybrothersco/c/3856096

heres a video of me memorizing just almost every loot in HoB for chain and gain, and getting 1 million points, its really fun, and i would like to race it with someone.
Edit history:
Fripic: 2014-04-01 11:30:29 pm
Fripic: 2014-04-01 11:30:17 pm
Here's what a somewhat decent run looks like with the current route for SS any%:
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from mybrothersco:
So as well,

Anyone interested in running the challenge modes?

I've been looking at them recently and might run them.
Is the running scene dead for this game, or what? Id really like to try out challenge mode races/runs with someone
Wake up and be awesome
Fripic still runs this game on occasion, check him out on twitch if you want to.
Quote from mybrothersco:
Is the running scene dead for this game, or what? Id really like to try out challenge mode races/runs with someone

Sometimes I run this, alot of people have been messaging me wanting to learn the run though, so there might be a few more runners. I'm not sure how interested I am personally in challenge mode runs, but If it's races then I'd probably do it (albeit as a total scrub).
Made a guide for what we know of the route this far.

http://www.twitch.tv/fripic/c/4316253
I didn't watch more of the run yet, but does that hatch-to-OoB work in more/all places ?
The OOBs using cabinets and vents works anywhere to get OOBs or stuck in walls but in the current run it's mainly used in chapter 2 and 5. You can use a cabinet in chapter 7 to drop ontop of the elevator instead of going over but it requires boots to land safely without cratering.
I'd like to start running this game but i haven't dicided yet so do i of should i just let it pass by?
Quote from V1axz:
I'd like to start running this game but i haven't dicided yet so do i of should i just let it pass by?

If you think you will play this game consistently, then go for it. It's a really fun run that didn't get the attention it deserved.
Edit history:
Ayethin: 2014-06-17 11:02:51 am
Ayethin: 2014-06-17 11:02:26 am
Hey guys, I was wondering if it is possible to do the great safe skip on the latest patch (cant seem to pull it off) otherwise I'll need to get a earlier version from somewhere or someone.
Quote from Ayethin:
Hey guys, I was wondering if it is possible to do the great safe skip on the latest patch (cant seem to pull it off) otherwise I'll need to get a earlier version from somewhere or someone.

Safe glitch is only doable in 1.1 or 1.0. If you are running the steam version, it should allow you to unpatch by going into the properties in steam. Otherwise, I don't know how to get the patch.
ahh cool didnt realise they did the Trine 2 trick with the beta part, thanks
Edit history:
Rogue657: 2014-09-01 07:29:19 pm
Rogue657: 2014-08-30 04:11:06 pm
Rogue657: 2014-08-17 08:30:03 pm
Rogue657: 2014-08-17 08:11:06 pm
Recently started running this game and was testing a few things in Chapter 7. Found a few things.
--
During the Thief-taker general fight, if you can manage to finish one of the wheels, it is a bit faster to run in the light near the General, assuming he doesn't hit you. Avoiding his follow up shot by going behind any pillar causes him to have a sort of "looking around" animation, after which he loses his alert status and reloads. It seems to be a bit faster than going around the arena. I was also trying choke arrows with this fight, doing one wheel, choke arrowing him, then passing by in the same manner. Doesn't seem to save time though, might or might not be safer.
--
In the area just before the General fight, Fripic's route has you use a choke arrow on two guards, drop down, then run between them (1:21:33 on his Twitch VOD). For some reason, I can never drop down without landing on one of them, so I tried just swooping over them. Apparently, if you swoop really close to the right wall, you can slide on the wall and land on the crossbowman's head. Somehow it only seems to save something like half a second.
--
In Chapter 8 (1:28:24 in Fripic's guide on Twitch), it's about a second faster to kill the first guy, then choke arrow the second. As long as he doesn't go into red alert, he won't alert the guards by the door downstairs.
--
In the Erin fight, if you have at least 2 heals, you can just tank her first long-duration blast while making your way to the second primal piece. It's about 2s faster than hiding.

Also, are there any recent route changes? I haven't really seen much of this game besides this thread and Fripic's guide, so if there's something more recent then I'd love to know about it.
--
Edit history:
Fripic: 2015-02-03 11:21:23 pm
ArtairRose was able to replicate the two Faust skips using methods that might yield some more consistent results.
The erin hideout seems to use storage in some way:

The safe is apparently as simple as spamming the observe key while openning the door:
So here is the newest WR I set during one of my streams. I still don't have the exact way on how to do the Great Safe strat because the way I thought it was with all the observe spamming was debunked. I think now that it has something to do with the save state of the game. I am still testing this theory however it seems plausible.