Sad
<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
in what areas of the game do you guys anticipate wrech coming in handy?
Edit history:
ogam: 2014-02-26 09:21:37 pm
there's an ingame timer when you go to 'Continue' from main menu, not sure how accurate it is though. DLC stuff like arrows/gold/eqiupment upgrades makes the game a bit more convenient but I didn't use them when I went to get a messy estimate.
also, virrward made this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkftVZ5CR69-dEd6LTVXQ2xLdDVJVjJrcGFwT0VlaGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
So, there was some debate as to in which room we grab the second hook in chapter 1. Here's proof as to why we use the second hook. Getting to the hook is 10 seconds faster in the first room... but the hook is 30 seconds slower. http://www.twitch.tv/fripic/c/3794934
Are you including the time to loot the key, unlock and get on to the later hook compared to early?
Hey guys, a friend of mine found this while playing casually and so i want to share it with you guys:

Its bascially a clip and maybe its doable in important parts to skip things? the clip starts at 0:30
Quote from Arilein:
Hey guys, a friend of mine found this while playing casually and so i want to share it with you guys:

Its bascially a clip and maybe its doable in important parts to skip things? the clip starts at 0:30

oh wow. if it's possible to reproduce in other places then it might be really usefull as long as we can find a way back inbounds.
i just fully routed the mission where you go back to the barons mansion, video inc.
I dont know if anyone has routed mission 6 yet but here it is., route requires: 2 blunt arrows and 0-2 food packs. http://www.twitch.tv/donkeykong1254/c/3799465
also, i find the best place to gear up for endgame to be the merchant at sirens rest, right before the asylum. you should have a decent amount of money for food, choke arrows, blunt arrows, and anything else you need. you can buy as many as you need to finish the game
Gotta Go Fast!
For a non-lethal ghost speedrun, what exactly would we want the rules to be?
no detections, no killing.
it'll probably just be for actual missions since running around town you won't get a score check for that. Unless you just want to go all the way
Gotta Go Fast!
Ok so as long as you get the no detections rating at the end of mission screen your fine, and I think we should do non-legal ghost routes for the in town parts aswell, but If more people dont want to that is fine
i personally only plan on running any%, NLG and 100% are crazy person catagories Kappa
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from DonkeyKong1254:
i personally only plan on running any%, NLG and 100% are crazy person catagories Kappa

Looks like im a crazy person then!
For 6 you can run pass all the guards and use a blunt/rope arrow at the end. Should be faster than going through the basement since you have to picklock the door. I got 9:30 for it to test.
im definetly really interested to see how you handle NLG though! however, there are like 3 different "stages" of detection, but at what stage do we consider a NLG run invalid? also, the thief keeper general will be EXTREMELY difficult for that

ogam, im not sure where your talking about, could you post a VoD?
Gotta Go Fast!
Thats I wanted to know, would NLG be fully unseen or just not in the "red" for the guards?
i think we should go with fully red, because the thief taker general is always yellow
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from DonkeyKong1254:
i think we should go with fully red, because the thief taker general is always yellow

Sounds good to me
Working on master any% and nlg atm. nlg doesnt seem terribly hard although im only done with 5 chapters of it atm so it could get far more complicated. For the first 5 though its only ~1m slower than any% due to a few gaurds in the House of Bosoms. Going to try and see if i can speed it up with the wrench and a different focus ability.
Quote from ogam:
Are you including the time to loot the key, unlock and get on to the later hook compared to early?

Choke arrow strats are ten seconds slower then grabbing the first hook, but that hook is 30 seconds slower.
also, can someone post a vid of the fastest strat for mission 2? im still unclear on that whole route