Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Reason: The resolution issue is fixable.

Congratulations to 'gnik'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/oot3d/OoT3D%20Any%25%203856.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by April 26, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2014-04-22 10:21:14 am
DS Dictator
The file name mentions 3856. That is 38:56 in Zelda Speed Runs Timing which starts as soon as you press A on starting a new file. The SDA timing is around 36:13.
Timing ends probably when you press A on the last text box as this is actually part of a glitch warp and not a post final boss/stage text you'll see in many other runs outside of the Japanese JRPG RTA community.

I am a bit curious how the run was encoded because the resolution isn't native & didn't look like it was using either Anri-Chan or YUA.

*Native resolution is: 400x480 with both screens but the attached file says 852x480. The extra 452 X pixels isn't stretching the video but it has some extra black borders.

The gameplay is pretty well done, some of the mistakes like failing the damage slide twice are errors in disguise as it enables Link to die a bit sooner after learning Saria's song.

For those who don't know, the Ganonless route is the fastest way to complete the game as the famous wrong warp to Ganon's castle from Gohma's room seems to crash the game.
Various changes were made including:
* A power reduction when performing a Deku Stick Jumpslash from 4 to 2 (King Dodongo is impossible to 2 cycle other than using a Master Sword from a NG+ Glitch file).
* Ground Jump fixed. Performing the exact same setup when playing the 3DS version now forces Link to pickup the bomb.
* The classic superslide and the hyper extended superslide were both fixed. However both the damage slide (can be extended but not hyperspeed) and the aquaslide are still in the game.
* Crouch stabbing isn't a glitched value anymore so you can't use a Jump slash from a Deku Stick to store 4 dmg points of power.

There's a few notable tricks that are 3DS exclusive including:

* The Triple slash clip glitch
* Using Restricted Items Anywhere
* Faster non-kanji text :P.

Verdict: Accept, as long there is a possible fix on the video's resolution.

All we need now is a sub: "Cosmo is happy with this" run on the Console version before both Shenmue 3 and Half-Life 3 are confirmed with gameplay trailers and release dates.
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
The closest thing to Zelda speedrunning I do is glitchless child dungeons, and honestly, I'm not all that good at it. That being said, I don't really have any familarity with the 3DS version speedrunning tricks, other than knowing about some of the things that were patched out.

So let me get started by saying I hate backwalking in the 3DS version. I think its the most awkward thing in the world, and the runner does such a good job at it. As for the overall execution, it looks fine. As for the route, I'm assuming that the route is optimized, it looks okay just from a casual perspective.

The video looks okay to me, but I would take the word of Greenalink far more than mine, considering he owns a 3DS capture device.

The musicless part of the credits may be one of the creepiest things in Zelda history.

As for the run itself, I'll give it an ACCEPT.
Not a walrus
Just fyi I cleared the video with nate beforehand, we'll just crop it if we need to, since all the video seems to be there.
Oh yeah, comepletely forgot about the timing difference, lol.
But sadly, I think I deleted the raw video by accident (SOMEHOW) by accident :/
Also something somewhat off topic, hyper extended superslides do still work, though they are useless in any% since getting the shield is kinda slow.
Decision posted.