The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'AntonioPeremin'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/oblivion-v_HQ.mp4
http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/Oblivion_speedrun_3.44.avi (newer version - watch this one)

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Okay, I can certainly see some improvements here: not that I ever tested them myself, but I feel my suggestions for sewer movement must have saved a second by themselves, especially hopping onto the staircase.

You're supposed to include a timing estimate with your submissions BTW so we don't have to dig it up from speedrun.com.

What key do you use for "use"? In many games the best thing to bind it to is mwheelup or down so you can spam it every frame, making you hit doors and such on the first possible frame.

I'm now trying to compare your run with a new WR by GarishGoblin. Looks like:
-You still lose time with most of the clips: I believe you said something about this being CPU-related. I'm trying to imagine how that works: I've seen similar tricks failing with high CPU before, and there's a chance that whenever you're trying to move but you're caught somewhere the game starts to project your position forwards to look for somewhere to place you. This is done to make getting caught on architecture etc. less of a pain. That part should be the same regardless of CPU speed, however the lag between when the character and the environment have been loaded in will probably be slightly longer if your PC is slow. That might be why you need to wait longer than others. I think it's not as bad in this submission as it used to be though. Did you try artificially slowing your PC down BTW?

The problem with this theory is the new record holder's PC is clearly FASTER not slower than yours. Also he seems to have a more efficient way of doing it that makes him get more attempts in in the same time and thus you end up only winning a tiny bit of time on the third clip. For all I know the way he's doing it could be less consistent so I don't really know...

-Maybe five seconds slower in the Emperor part: you're a bit clumsy with movement getting to the emperor. Worse luck or fighting, I'm not sure which.

-Next part: less precise jump and slower clip.

-The last bit: I think the WR manipulates the guy to be a little bit closer to where he needs to be but maybe it also took longer getting to that position?

So aside from the clipping, which we currently don't really have an explanation for, and the slightly worse luck/execution in the RNG section, this run looks pretty good now! I'll let you comment on these things before giving a verdict.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
AntonioPeremin: 2017-12-02 04:28:10 pm
AntonioPeremin: 2017-08-27 10:38:38 am
AntonioPeremin: 2017-07-09 06:28:44 am
Hi.
I did not try to slow my PC down.But I noticed that with fps limited to 60(rules on speedrun.com) I need  more time to do a clip.When without vertical sync.  with 100 fps, I do it alot faster and my time is around 20 seconds faster.I used the bind key for "use" space.
Also the load remover timer is not shown in my video but I had him going on in background.The timer showed my time to be 3:40 but when I cut the loads mannually I got the time 3:48.There´s been a discution in TES discord server about auto load remover.It seems like that current load remover shows faster time as it actually is.For example the timer makes micro pauses when opening inventory menu to load the inventory same goes after exiting after quick saves  and then load from menu.TheFunCannon is working on a new improoved auto load remover , we hope it will be more precise.
-The last bit:Martin spawn is random same as tutorial after speaking to him for the First time.
Yes, Your suggestin in sewers jumps did save me 1 second. Smiley
Oh, so it's the more FPS the better? Then it's starting to make sense why you're required to cap it. Still doesn't explain why these other runs do it that little bit faster.

So the record run isn't actually a 3:31 at all? I was really wondering where the 17 second difference was but it obviously is only around that 9 seconds or so. That time I can see having been lost to slightly slower menuing, slightly slower movement (e.g. when dropping off before going around the corner to meet the Emperor), clipping, and the time lost in the RNG section due to whatever it ultimately is. Still, this is close enough so I can finally give it an

Accept!

Now take on some longer run next Wink
(user is banned)
Edit history:
AntonioPeremin: 2017-08-27 10:37:05 am
AntonioPeremin: 2017-07-10 12:58:34 pm
Yes, the more FPS in general, speeds the whole game up.So logically faster PCs generate more fps without verticaL sync. (my PC gives me around 90-100 fps).Yes that´s why it must be caped to 60.

When manually cuting the loads out the record run is not 3:31 it is 7 seconds slower.

"Now take on some longer run next"  ---- will do that  Smiley .
Improvement submitted. See link in the second post for the new run.
(for information, the video file is pretty big since it hasn't been encoded for verification)
Okay, so not gonna write long comments here... 3:23 looks weird, I would have expected that jump to be consistent. See this is where a lot of runners would have kept going untiil they've got a run that looks clean as well as the RNG etc. Now it's kinda whatever, I guess it has a slightly faster emperor, and at least the third clip is better.

accept again...
Decision posted.
Hi.
I have a question about running Oblivion without V.Sync caped FPS on 60.On speedrun.com rules suggest that it must be caped to 60.Would SDA accept a run without the cap?The run would be alot faster.The option enable /disable v.sync is possible in "options" of the game start menu.
Well, if it's unfair for competition outside of SDA, what would make it fair for competition inside SDA exactly?
(user is banned)
Edit history:
AntonioPeremin: 2017-09-29 10:33:47 am
Ok, that answers my question.I assumed so. Smiley