page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Speed is everything!
lol Cheesy And that you are 5 times faster than a horse is also cool. Grin
I just found a nice glitch. Now, I can skip the first room of the tutorial but it's very hard and it will surely take a small segment of 30 seconds only for this glitch.

I'll be a redguard only for the tutorial. At the end of the sewer, I'll change into a Breton. I saw others places where I could do this glitch. When the skouma's effect end, it do the same thing than adrenaline rush.

Btw, I noticed that all my videos on youtube were a lot darker than IG. We are not seeing a lot of things in the video cause it's too dark.
Speed is everything!
Quote:
I just found a nice glitch. Now, I can skip the first room of the tutorial but it's very hard and it will surely take a small segment of 30 seconds only for this glitch.

I'll be a redguard only for the tutorial. At the end of the sewer, I'll change into a Breton. I saw others places where I could do this glitch. When the skouma's effect end, it do the same thing than adrenaline rush.

Nice trick, I didn't think that that's possible.

Quote:
Btw, I noticed that all my videos on youtube were a lot darker than IG. We are not seeing a lot of things in the video cause it's too dark.

Maybe that's so because of your recording-program.
I know that problem you mean. What's about changing the brightness or contrast in your game?
fuck you i wont do what you tell me
Quote:

its skooma.  spell it right.

Tongue

i love messing around with skooma in this game.  its so much fun. Tongue
Long time no see  :)for those who want to watch my video here it is,

http://files.filefront.com/Oblivion+11141+kaickulwmv/;8268658;;/fileinfo.html

by the way
sorry for the delay,i had some serouis work over past months but im good now
Grin
Speed is everything!
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks! Grin
Finally, I never saw it Smiley

Btw, are you taking back the run? Because I would like too.
Quote:
Finally, I never saw it Smiley

Btw, are you taking back the run? Because I would like too.

I dont understand what you mean by taking back
but im not doing the run again now and i hope this run helps you guys(or girls ;))
I thought you would do the run again.

Very impressive, especially the part with the vampires. Nice job Wink
I forgot this run a long time but I found new tricks and it encouraged me to do the run again but I get stuck at one place. At the end of Kvatch tower, should I take a Sigil Stone +15 lightning damage or +10 damage health? Considering some monsters in the game have some lightning resistance (damage health ignore all resistance). The lightning Sigil Stone have 80 charge and the damage health one have only 55.

I think I should take the lightning one. What do you think?
Quick question: how was the speedrun for Oblivion? Was it acceptable as a SDA submission?
Is anyone still interested in running this game? I have recently picked it up, and have been using the wizards tower DLC to make a touch spell of 100% damage fatigue on touch. I then cast this spell on my horse and get on it at the same time. This allows me to walk through walls, but I cannot change height.  With this, I can skip miscarcand, part of sancre tor, and part of the kvatch gate. I have also been messing around with no DLC, and using skooma.  With the DLC route, my best time is 1:12:47 With loads. Here is the VoD: http://www.twitch.tv/sayberblayde/c/2885992  I not timed a run on my xbox, but i will this weekend, once I get some free time.
I highly recommend watching the recently accepted segmented run (which skips none of the quests from the main quest line) once it gets posted (yeah, I verified it, forgot to click the box to show my name, but whatever - regardless, I couldn't find it on youtube, so you'll probably have to wait for it).  That run should provide a lot of ideas; even if not all of it is SS safe  it should give you some ideas at the very least.  There are also a few that skip right to the end that are easy to find on youtube, as well as a couple that do more.  Regardless, I recommend that you watch some of whatever is out there and mess around with glitches before really diving in, because pretty much anything in this game can become a broken mess if you want, and there is no real definitive guide to speedrunning this game, so I'm sure there is pleny left to be found.
I have been trying different routes out on the xbox version of Oblivion, As a PC is not at my disposal to use for Speedruning. I based my run off of TheVoiid's run that is on youtube. When I am able to use my PC again I will resume streaming runs. A segmented run is exciting for me, as I will soon know what I can improve upon.  Do you have an estimate for the release date of the run on SDA?
It's always hard to say when a run will get posted, and I don't know how many other runs are ahead of it, so I'm not sure.

But I can say that if you don't mind running as an RTA rather than true single segment you should play around with using a save and load to clip out of bounds (the game registers movement before it fully loads walls).  It doesn't work everywhere and there can be other issues though.  I haven't messed around with it much, so unfortunately I can't really explain it in much detail.

You should also use slope jumps to your advantage if you aren't already.  With very precise timing you can jump as you hit a rock or something and get extra height on your jump.  Basically it has to be an abrupt slope change that you can walk over.  A good place to practice would be in the Imperial City because you can do it all over - going from the main circle road to the plaza areas in the market district, for example.  With good enough speed and/or acrobatics (skooma helps greatly, of course) it can have quite an affect.  Probably won't be consistent enough to rely on all the time, but it leads to some nice skips.
Thank you for the information about Save-clipping! I have found some areas with irregular geometry, that when I run at them with the speed of skooma, I can inconsistently clip out of bounds. With save-clipping, I might be able to make those skips consistent. I was able to clip past an invisible wall in sancre tor that was leading to the armor of Tiber septim, but not clip back to where I came from.  Maybe I can saveclip back. This would allow me to skip freeing the 4 cursed blades.

As far as Slope jumping, I have found it most consistent on stairs, though I haven't found very much of a use for it, besides the entrance stairs  to Cloud Ruler temple.
ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
its not too late to start running this game is it? i was just scrolling through my game list looking for something to do fast and this caught my eye.
No, its not to late, this game acutally has a small community now. Active sppeedrunners of this are  Twitch.tv/Yourcat__  Twitch.tv/Sayberblayde  Twitch.tv/Benjo22lp. HIt us up if you want to learn the game
Can someone answer a few questions for me? What is the official "start" of the timer? When I gain control of the character? Immediately after the first load? Immediately after pressing new game? and What would categories be? I'm assuming "Main Quest" would be Any%, but how about a Shivering Isles run on it's own? Separate game? What would be restrictions on doing the expansion? Would you have to start a new character, or continue a character from a certain level, etc. I would love to do a run of this game but if the time is as short as it sounds for a single segment run of the entire main quest being 13 minutes or less, that'd be hard to compete with! Thanks guys.
Wake up and be awesome
I believe the timer starts as soon as you create your character (name, race, etc.). 100% is ALL main quests and side quests (someone was crazy enough to do that, look it up on youtube), any% with large skips is with the white palace skip (look up oblivion runs on youtube and it should be the first one, 11 minutes long). Shivering Isles haven't been done yet to my knowledge, but I'm also assuming that you would start in the prison like normal. If expansion packs affect the run (give you new weapons or stuff you wouldn't normally have) it would be considered a separate category
I might practice a Shivering Isles run, but I don't know that I would do all side quests... Too bad there's not a non-major skip category that is still 100% main quest Tongue there's so many open category ideas for RPGs like this, but I can see why there's gotta be regulations. Perhaps I should put more time into preparing for a 100% single segment run. I wouldn't mind doing it, actually, and would find it interesting to see how my body and brain reacts.
Wake up and be awesome
Well technically, there is a no large skip any percent. TheVoiid did a run and got under 1 hour. I believe it was glitchless.
also a run was submitted and accepted on SDA that abuses many glitches in an any percent run without white palace skip, so, I guess that's something
Edit history:
Okuu: 2014-04-03 06:50:23 pm
Okuu: 2014-04-03 06:50:09 pm
Someone got his run accepted a couple of months ago, I wonder when it'll be available to watch here on SDA?
Edit history:
ymh: 2014-04-04 06:20:20 am
Quote from Okuu:
Someone got his run accepted a couple of months ago, I wonder when it'll be available to watch here on SDA?

That someone is Xevro. There is a run (any%, major glitch, SS?) of his on Youtube, but it's already 7 years old (like most of this thread here), but I couldn't really find any faster one yet either:

Yeah I already saw this one, I was wondering about the no major skip one Tongue I think it has been accepted in last december.