Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Glub glub.
I think the Sigil Stone is generated when you enter Sigillium Sanguis (the room with the stone), so you would have to save outside that.  It is generated randomly if you save there, though (I have done it).
Edit history:
suga: 2006-06-26 07:09:14 am
Quote:
If your doing a segmented run, couldnt you just save before the sigil stone, then reload the save if you dont get the desired effect from the stone? I havent tried this personally but I have heard from others(GameFAQS) that this works.

yeah that's what I heard.

UESP also mentions it.
Quote:
The effects they give you (e.g. which stone you get) are chosen random when you pick it up. To get the enchantment you want, save before picking it up.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Sigil_Stones
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I must try that other shrine quest some time...
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2006-07-10 08:01:15 am
How's it going with the Run?

I want to add a little something.
If the Item Jumping trick is difficult to apply, the alternative for the Paintbrush could be the Pewter Plate Smiley
That one also floated in the air, atleast for me it did...

EDIT:
Little correction.
It happened one time that one Pewter Plate floated for me, and I've got no idea why Grin
Fight, Crocogator, for everlasting peace!
Oh man. I somehow got Oblivion working on my poor-ass computer. XD The processor isn't the problem - I'm rockin' ONBOARD.

So there's like no shadows to speak of and everything looks like HELL. But it runs Cheesy

Now gimme speedruns! *runs before getting pelted with arrows*

(Seriously - any news, guys?)
PwNzRd!
Wow, I just got a new video card and damn can it run Oblivion fine. I have it on 1024 x 768 with everything maxed, including HDR lighting at 60 FPS with a x1600 Pro 512MB AGP card. Just the light gleaming off armor and the addition of the natural environments mod makes Oblivion absolutely stunning. I will post screenshots soon.
hi everyone me and my friend made a video about 1.18.57 without loading screens. This is my first speedrun:) and i don't know where to post it? With who should we talkin to about this video? Of course if anyone want to watch it then i will post.
unemployed Dragon
pretty old thread :p
you could register on fileplanet and upload your video there in some quality classes like: LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH
there's some Quality FAQ around here somewhere
Yes please upload it somewhere (Filefront, Fileplanet, etc...) Smiley
I'm ready for the zombie apocalypse, are you?
ya, i know this is an old topic, but i was looking around, and  well, here's something that wasn't mentioned anywhere, but will no doubt help in speedrunning the game (but to be honest, the farthest i looked was on gamefaqs) anyway, when you go to get the sigil stone in the oblivion gate in kvatch, kill everyone in the room that has the sigil stone in it.  (you can't do this if you are running around) then, park yourself right infront of the sigil stone, now, press the spacebar like mad, i don't know why it happens, but you will pick up 2 other sigil stones along with the first. credit goes to my roommate.
Why can't it be done if you parked yourself in front of the Sigil Stone and "press the spacebar like mad" when there are enemies around?
What function does the spacebar have?

I'll check it out myself today I hope Smiley
I'm ready for the zombie apocalypse, are you?
Quote:
Why can't it be done if you parked yourself in front of the Sigil Stone and "press the spacebar like mad" when there are enemies around?
What function does the spacebar have?

I'll check it out myself today I hope Smiley

i say kill all the enemies because you have to be in reach of the sigil stone (pressing space bar picks up the sigil) and you don't really want to stand in front of the sigil with enemies taking shots at your back side, do you? that's why, though, technically you could stand in front of the sigil, picking them up, without killing a single enemy. just make sure you bend over so the deadra can rape you faster. haha kidding.
Fight, Crocogator, for everlasting peace!
Ah, just grab and dupe as many Invisibility potions as you deem necessary. Whenever you act, re-up. You'd be abnle to BLAZE through areas much faster and with much less resistance.
Allright,i made 1.26.With no loadings its 1.11.41.i will post in a couple of days.I let you now when i upload
piece of cake!
I didn't follow this thread, where is going the whole run? have you got a time for the total run? segmented? 
??:??:?? (hours, minutes seconds), or still just searching ways? (someone made 13 minutes 26 seconds with the end scene)
is it good? Huh?
Honestly, I'm surprised a run for this game hasn't been completed yet.  With how long you guys are taking I can only assume the first run will be very impressive.
Quote:
(someone made 13 minutes 26 seconds with the end scene)

Someone did a Speedrun through the whole game in 13 minutes and 26 seconds?

I would love to see that one Grin
He probably abused the dupe glitch a lot I think, just like Neboke said about the Invisibility Potions, makes the game a breeze Wink
piece of cake!

here, look at this Smiley
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2006-09-17 03:06:40 pm
Haha, very nice! Grin

Now if you can successfully perform the item jumping trick instead of the paintbrushes, it can be done even a bit faster Wink
But maybe this only applies to PC...
unemployed Dragon
That 13:29 Speedrun is awesome but a little bit boring, if you use a bug to enable using of another bug to enable using yet another bug. I'd love to see a rather normal speedrun of the game, without using these kind of - yeah they're nice but boring - bugs.
piece of cake!
Right, the run isn't impressive because doesn't so hard to do....it is boring you're right, still awesome to finish the game in 13 minutes^^, but there is nothing really impressive...

Anyway I know him and I will try to convince him to come at sda forum in this thread!
i didnt watch that video yet but WTF!!How can he do that?13minutes.My 1h.11m41s time take the last place i guess  :-/
Not necessarily, although that Run is very fast and contains a nice find, it's indeed not very impressive Smiley

I believe your Run doesn't contain any dupe glitch or whatsoever right?
So that would make a more impressive and interesting Speedrun Smiley
PwNzRd!
I agree, I would much rather see a run without glitches used, but good one nonetheless.
piece of cake!
yes, I would like to see this one!
Anyway, I would like to ask, if this person, who made ES 4 in 13 minutes comes here, will he be able to hold the record at SDA? because it's really a short time...but not impressive and all good players can beat this...just asking Smiley