Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/TMNT4.html

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Any %) (Single Segment) [Character: Raphael]

Verifier Responses

Quote from CarpetCrawler:
It's been amazing watching one of my favorite video games get crushed over the years by the small list of dedicated runners, including Sinister1. It's been even more amazing watching the evolution of this speedrun in the year and a half or so that I have been following its progress. Over a year ago sub-20 runs weren't even a thought, and now we're inching towards sub 19:30.

Sinister had some noticeable trip-ups in Skull and Crossbones and Starbase (the Walker that eluded him in Starbase especially stands out). But Starbase is a heart-wrenching nightmare even in casual runs. He had a pretty all-right Krang fight as well with only a few minor misses, which considering the fight itself is no easy task, is incredibly admirable. The Super Shredder fight went perfectly on Sinister's end--even though Shredder didn't give him the ideal pattern. All-in-all, this is an easy accept. Amazing job and a sick run, Sin.

ACCEPT

Quote:
Audio, visual okay.
No cheating detected except for performance enhancing ooze.

Big Apple 3am:  Perfect.

Alleycat Blues:  Sinister knows nothing about the blues here.

Sewer Surfin':  Level takes care of itself.

Technodrome:  Those slam throws/Mouser destructions were too strong.  You lose point for not hitting Tokka and Rahzar after the fight to make them whimper...

Prehistoric Turtlesaurus:  Dat Slash fight.

Skull and Crossbones:  Solid.

Bury my Shell a Wounded Knee:  Best stage name ever.

Neon Night-Riders:  See sewer surfin'.

Starbase:  Not bad...

The Final Shell-Shock:  Owns Kevin Nash.

Unfortunately, I may have to reject because the runner ends with 666 points.  But that Splinter Face, okay fine.

Quote from Wulfe:
No cheating detected (A/V matches up, moves are consistent). Video quality is perfect for a 4:3 SNES game. No external audio, watermarks, overlays, or anything that would interrupt the gameplay video.

I’m not going to breakdown each level, but a few comments on the highlights of this run:

1) Great use of screen scrolling enemy skips. Screen scrolling is based on an enemy kill count, and you don’t have to kill every single enemy to advance. Sister takes advantage of this to skip several enemies.
2) Really great grouping of enemies for faster kills, especially on Wounded Knee.
3) Manages health at bosses, and boss placement, to save time. Less health means a shorter countdown after boss defeat, and defeating some bosses in certain spots saves time as well.

Overall, sinister plays a nearly perfect game throughout the entire run. Without brand new strats/skips, the only improvements I could identify were a few misses, bad enemy spawns, and non-perfect Krang/Shredder fights, and the timing on those bosses is dependent on their attack patterns. It would be very difficult to improve on this run.

Estimated time is 19:37 (00:25:29 to 20:02:46). This is an improvement of 43 seconds over the currently posted SDA run.

Accept.

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
A/V good, no cheating (he streamed it live, come on now), and it's significantly more polished than the current site run.

A few bits of RNG trolling and few missed kicks but in a game this stupidly random you'd have to be an idiot think that made this anything other than an amazing run.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason:

Congratulations to 'sinister1'!
Thread title:  
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Dat reason!!

Thanks verifiers. I still aim to improve this run because I have found 10 seconds worth of strat upgardes, but I was hoping to at least have a run on the site before Uyama gets back to this game because there is no telling what might happen then.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
That is the best verification reason I've seen in a long time!
SEGA Junkie
Not a gif, reason rejected.

(grats sinister)
A Serious Noob
congrats thumbsup
Oh cool.  I missed this on the livestream but I look forward to seeing the run.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
I beat this run by 13 seconds on my first round of attempts. I guess the secret to getting WRs is to submit runs for verification then you just automatically beat them.
Quote from sinister1:
I guess the secret to getting WRs is to submit runs for verification then you just automatically beat them.

Hey it worked for me.  \o/
Talk to the Hand
Quote from Elipsis:
Quote from sinister1:
I guess the secret to getting WRs is to submit runs for verification then you just automatically beat them.

Same. Congrats again, Sinister!
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from Emptyeye:
Quote from Elipsis:
Quote from sinister1:

Same. Congrats again, Sinister!

See Sandman...

Great job though sinister!  Give us Donatello...
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Hell yeah Sin!! Great run man!