List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MarioSunshine.html

Super Mario Sunshine (ntscj) (gcn) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verifier Responses

Quote from PvtCb:
Cheating: none present

Play Quality: Marked improvement over the current run. Solid execution throughout though some strategies were used for safety/consistency over speed. SDA timing looks to be around 1:20

AV Quality: Good, but there are some issues with the video looking compressed

Decision: Accept

Quote from AlecK47:
A/V good, no cheating detected

Just to get it out of the way: there are a fair number of better times, with the best being just under 1:19, and this one is just over 2.5 minutes slower.

There are definitely some sloppy moments in this run, perhaps the ugliest-looking ones being that the runner got beat up by the egg-turtles (forget the actual name) in Pinna Park and missed the seventh red coin in Rico Harbor twice.  But in general the play quality is solid and the skips are performed quickly.

So is this run good enough in its own right for SDA?  I'd say so.  Not just because the Sunshine page is in dire need of an update (including a run of the current any%, as this run is), either.  I can't give this a particularly strong accept, and if it were much slower I'd really have to think about it, but the run passes the eye test for me, at least.  Accept

Quote from HoboWithaShotgun:
Everything checks out. Not the cleanest run in the world, but definitely meets expectations and is a solid improvement over the old SDA run

Accept

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'PowderedMilk'!
Thread title: