--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Startropics.html

Startropics (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote from CyberBotX:
A/V good, no cheating detected. The run was solid, despite some small mistakes which were mentioned by the runner in their run comments. Gonna give the run an accept!

Quote:
Relevant video is from 01:26 to 76:25. The actual run timing should be from 01:49 to 68:39, for a total time of 66:50.

As Darkwing mentions, the timing for StarTropics is when the final boss is killed (because of the glitch). More specifically, it should be when the final hit is landed, since sometimes he can jump around for another second or two before his death animation begins.

The run itself is the fastest known time, and it's an easy accept. Maxie and Osteroid were really nice fights in particular. Although as noted in the run comments, chapter 6 could be better. Turboss (first 6-1 boss) can be manipulated to drop down faster which would save 10 seconds (I can do it most of the time, anyway).

There's also some randomness that could've gone better in a few places. So there's some room for improvement, but it's still a very good run.

Quote:
Darkwing Duck + Startropics improvement = Accepticola

</formality>

Quote from CarpetCrawler:
A/V is good, no cheating detected. Solid run that improves significantly on the old run. As noted by the runner this run has some improvements that could be utilized but they aren't very major and I don't see them happening anytime soon. ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Darkwing Duck'!
Thread title:  
Highly Evolved
Thank you for the verification.  {Enter game} means a lot to me and it's a privilege to get a time of {enter time}.  Hopefully, this game is part of a grand update that includes {enter other speedruns}.