Sad
<- 1  -   of 63 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Asteron:
Got any videos to share yet?  It's been a while since we've had any new sc2 runs.  I'm looking forward to it.

Mission 3: Evil Awoken in 4:38

With 2 hours of trying and routing I found this interesting route. In the beginning you leave the stalkers behind because in the second part they can help take damage and speed up that part by about 10 seconds. At the temple you just need to be out of range of the detection and kill the altar. In the escape you get very easily blocked (and killed) by zealots (like the stalkers @2:35). Watch out for that when you do this mission.
There is still about a 5-8 second time safe:
1. You can cut the corner @0:45
2. do @1:14 less awkward.
(havn't checked for too many skips (long range blinks))

Mission 1: Dark Whispers easy strategy

This mission will be very hard to speedrun. A few thing make it really hard:
1. the Brutal AI focus sentries down (see thor @10:35 (video time)). This is very costly because you need them very badly for all of the fights. (also turn of auto shield repair cost way to much energy)
2. In the beginning @8:00 (ingame) there are some banshees that attack. This attack forces you to build too many stalkers and delay the upcoming attack on the first captive protoss. (delays about 1.5 min)
3. The most difficult thing is Attack size balancing. If you attack with too little you lose too much and need to wait later, If you attack with too much you have waited to long (especially if it about a new resource)
4. It is possible to just kill the prison and despawn all of the units in front of it but is really hard to it reliable without dying in the progress.

An estimate for a good speedrunning time would be 20:00 (of course on brutal)

In this mission there is a possible sequence break.

By putting dark templars inside of the building zerg base it is possible to get them on the other side of the closed wall. This can possibly lead to a sequence break. But the part afterwards has lots detection that makes it really hard to make this useful.
It's also very interesting to see that a closed door is really thick. I think this is done to prevent that you just blink or warping in through a door closed.

On Mission 2: Ghosts in the Fog I haven't worked to much. It really hard to route because of all the possible paths and technologies you can take. But gas management and not losing things will be the clue to this mission.

Finally: Thanks Blizzard, in all the time I have played I have seen NO RNG thumbsup

ps. Thanks Freezard for the 2D portraits tip
Quote from NitroxKnight:
Finally: Thanks Blizzard, in all the time I have played I have seen NO RNG thumbsup

I guess they thought there's been enough RNG in RNGstone and Heroes of the RNG recently xP

So are these missions actually part of LotV? If so I can add them to the table later. Or maybe it's just better to add everything to speedrun.com but it would be a lot of work.
Heroes of the RNG Is my Favorite game XD

We should wait for the full game before claiming it is an WR. Because thing are bound to be change.
I think for Mission 1 a good strat would be to take a few zealots or stalkers to aggro the zerg army from the main path and pull them into the terran army on the side paths that you're supposed to fight.  In your run you had good opportunities to do this at 9:49 (youtube time) to extend the bridge early and again near the end with the 17:50 spawn.
Quote from Asteron:
I think for Mission 1 a good strat would be to take a few zealots or stalkers to aggro the zerg army from the main path and pull them into the terran army on the side paths that you're supposed to fight.

Wow that I didn't think of that, Thanks
Here is the first wave of zerg freeing the captive protoss

The protoss killed all of the zerg in the cutscene. Never seen that before.

I couldn't find any way to make this consistent. In the end i needed 5 saves and had about 5 tries to pull this off.  You need to get lucky on how the zerg gets pulled. (too much you die, too little no zerg is following.)
I will be looking into this more in the coming days.
${$uid.$user}{' usertext'}
Gaaa, stop that! Not watching until I played it myself.
hey, so i was replaying wol, and realized there's an unlimited credits glitch.  essentially if you save on the hyperion after completing a mission, when you reload you get additional credits.  doesn't always work, so some testing would need to be done, but looking at the blizzard boards it's been around for a while and therefore hopefully won't get patched like the last infinite credit glitch.  not sure about applications of this glitch as mostly you never really need additional credits, but thought i'd bring it up.  only potential use i can think of so far is in a rta full game any% run you could go into smash and grab with stim, combat shields, and both medic upgrades which would save a small amount of time.  there could be other uses as well.
Edit history:
CovertMuffin: 2015-08-19 11:28:01 am
Hey guys!

I am new to the world of Speed running but am super stoked to jump into SC2: HotS and LotV when it arrives.

I was wondering if there were any other rules about IL speedruns for HotS besides the Brutal Difficulty?

Much Love,
-CovertMuffin

_________________________________EDIT______________________________________________________

OHHH also just proper ettiquette in general with submitting a replay (youtube preferred? Start during loading screen? Just post in forum or email to someone? etc etc.)

Thanks!
You mean rules, or categories? There are no rules as far as I know in HotS. Brutal is just a category which is the most popular one.

If you get a record you can upload it to YouTube and post it here, you don't have to include loading screens in the video. If you want to submit to SDA itself, YouTube won't cut it but there are guidelines on the site/forum.
Great thank you so much for the help!

-CovertM
Hey guys!

Just ran a 6:32 in game time on Lab Rat for the IL HotS Brutal category ^^ Let me know if there's anything I did wrong for the upload/submission etc. My macro and micro was just a tiny bit off and I think it can be taken below 6:30 in-game time if I clean that up;

You can see the run here:

Much love,
-CovertMuffin
Nice run!  The only thing that may be improvable is how far you pull the Eradicator but I don't really know where the limits are with that.  You have better APM than most speedrunners of this game.  It's nice that HotS will get some love before people will start working on LotV.
Thanks You!!! Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I also had a little drone dance at the start there after the 7-10 supply drones got made, which could be improved saving me 0.5-2 sec about (not sure haha) and then some of the zergling control on that 2nd set of imprisoned lings where I had the drones with a better surround could have saved a few seconds there too with better control!

Super excited to try out the other levels; is there someone I can shout out for that strat in Lab Rat IL?? I just watched the current Record holder

Much Love,
-CovertMuffin
Hey guys! I just cleaned up the timings and stuff and took the advice of Asteron as well as my own types of cleanup and ended up making a new time of 6:25 on the level. Here is the youtube video:

I have a small minor drone mistake in the beginning there for the stacks on the patches, but that 5 minerals that is caused to be a few sub-seconds late actually doesnt become a problem (because the dependent portion actually requires 10 minerals and it is synced with that second 5 mineral drone coming into the hatch so no big deal)

That being said thanks for the help and I am super stoked to attempt speedruns on the other levels!! Cheesy
Much Love,
-CovertMuffin
Nice! Good to see some improvements, I don't think HotS has been worked on as much as WoL so I'm sure you can beat some more times Smiley
We require more minerals
Got linked to Covert's new IL recently and came here. Realized the link to my HotS record doesn't work because the old broadcast is gone.

http://www.twitch.tv/raelcun/c/4938520

There's the highlight if that could be edited into the OP.
Nice! Thanks Raelcun!! haha Yeah I think I found your replay just by going through your twitch channel when I was looking for it the first time xD

Also, I just beat the IL WR of Rendezvous with a time of 12:45 using some cool AI manipulation I figured out at the start, but I'm not going to submit the replay yet because I think I can improve the time by 30 seconds or so. Going to try a few more times right now before I start my stream ^^

Much Love,
-CovertMuffin
@CovertMuffin
Hi there, Nice to see a new face. That speedrun of lab Rat looks amazing. thumbsup

The level that need lots of work is Conviction (HOTS). It's very hard because of all the infestors micro. But your work on Lab Rat really shows that you can mirco very well. The best time I got in Conviction was a 7:31 while using saves. Here is the recording of that (warning very messy):

Disclaimer: This is not a submission for the conviction IL record

I hope this will help to get more people interested in speedrunning this mission.
The intro of LOV looks very awesome. The game will be released on 10 nov. When it comes out I will be putting in some time to explore all the missions (and hopefully the mission paths). After getting a good feel about how everything works I will be putting in much time on every single mission (starting with the most fun ones). I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the new game and taking it apart Roll Eyes
Thanks @Nitro!! I will definitely take a look, that mission is RIDICULOUS in terms of all the things you have to do so maybe if I go ahead and take a while to try and nail each step I can throw something together Cheesy Infestors are WEIIIRD in the campaign.

I am definitely super stoked for LotV! I'm going to finish up my run for Rendezvous (got a 12:28 other day), post it, then go try and get a single segment for HotS together and then jump into LotV speedrunning when it comes out as well. Can't wait to discuss the cool things.

Much Love,
-CovertMuffin
Quick question(NEED ANSWERED ASAP), do the IL runs need to be done on Brutal difficulty?
No I've been running ILs on Casual. I believe Normal difficulty is also allowed.
Thanks Freezard!  Just need to know since there arent any rules specified for Domination on the speedrun.com leaderboards so.  Then would a faster time for an IL still be 2nd or 3rd if it was on a lower difficulty than WR?
Not sure what you mean. Different difficulties are separate categories. They're not comparable.
Edit history:
CovertMuffin: 2015-09-30 10:53:20 am
Hey everyone!

Super excited to share this tentative WR 12:17 HotS Rendezvous IL Brutal speedrun! I used aspects from Dime's run with some minor alterations involving creep spread, Spine defense at the start, AI manipulation and burrow micro for the queens. The run can be viewed here:

I'm also going to start working on putting together on a single segment run based off of Raelcun's routing and definitely stoked to work on LotV running when it is released Nov. 10!! Thank you guys for the help <3

Much Love,
-CovertMuffin

________________________EDIT________________________
Oh also, a few notes on the run; I do think it can be done sub 12 minutes, I've worked really hard at it hashing out precise ways or manipulating the AI and getting good patterns for the enemy base engagements. I messed up in 2 huge parts of the game, first is the additional 2 spines that should have been build for the hellbat defense, and second was the rebuilding of the drones after those spines were made.
I usually have 2-3x more zerglings so taking out that last cave with a drone ling runby at the end is super ez pz, so I'm pretty sure I lost ~5-10 seconds there and just in general throughout the rest of the map with minor multitasking blips here and there. I can make a video commentating throughout the map to breakdown the entire strategy or if people have any questions I am more then happy to answer them!! <3