--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Get over here!
Quote:
have all submitted SOMA with the comment "Sort out who is running later."

That's the comment from the *GDQ staff. Usually the most consistent runner is picked.

Personally I'd recommend either Scoot or Nord. And I'm against a race as it might be better for a solo runner to explain what's going on.

That being said SOMA might not make it since we're still not sub-1 hour and it's a lot to fit in the schedule.

Also I've only updated the main post with the timer mod. Have to go through the topic again for new tricks.
Edit history:
ZOMandKatgarr: 2015-10-21 10:58:55 pm
Quote from amzblk:
1.7 timer should accurately display a comparable ingame time that excludes loading screens, preloads, auto-save pauses etc.

Download IGTMod 1.7: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw8kugknhskxcmz/SOMA_IGTMod_1_7.rar?dl=0

Does this version of the timer support reloading a save or is it still just SS?  EDIT: It's still just SS Cry
Edit history:
amzblk: 2015-10-23 05:03:30 pm
Quote from ZOMandKatgarr:
Quote from amzblk:
1.7 timer should accurately display a comparable ingame time that excludes loading screens, preloads, auto-save pauses etc.

Download IGTMod 1.7: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw8kugknhskxcmz/SOMA_IGTMod_1_7.rar?dl=0

Does this version of the timer support reloading a save or is it still just SS?  EDIT: It's still just SS Cry

I did try my best adding support for reloading a save, but it only worked in Debug mode. It has something to do with how the script variables are preserved/saved.
I've cleaned up the mod script and everything regarding the timer is under the InGame Timer Mod section. It contains all the methods you need in order to implement non-SS time tracking.
If anyone is willing to give it a shot - I can assist and even provide my progress/knowledge.

EDIT: IGTMod with non-SS support coming soon in 1.8. I've got it working.
Edit history:
amzblk: 2015-10-23 10:18:29 am
amzblk: 2015-10-23 10:15:14 am
Holding the shuttle door DOES slow you down in delta - at 0.80 health holding the door you are going at a speed of 3.54 and without holding the door you go at a speed of 4.16. The optimal way carrying the door is to juggle it like the segmented dead robot strats @ omicron_outside.

EDIT: This also means that hovering with the door is slower.

Small optimization in upsilon_outside.

TL;DW, use the prop to clip through the door instead of doing the puzzle and waiting for it to unlock.
Here are some Backup/Safety strats that are nice to know. Especially the two at Omicron.

I'm happy to announce the release of IGTMod 1.8 which supports exiting out to the menu and continuing or loading a save. The pause screen and main_menu time are not counted towards the total time.

There's also an additional version called the debug version. It displays live internal mod variables on the HUD. Does not require SOMA debug mode to be enabled.

Attachment:

New strat should save around 5 seconds.
Small trick you can do to open the door faster. Probably not worth the effort of keeping the metal thing with you the whole time, so might just be segmented only.

Quote from amzblk:
I'm happy to announce the release of IGTMod 1.8 which supports exiting out to the menu and continuing or loading a save. The pause screen and main_menu time are not counted towards the total time.

Cheesy Yayyyyy!  Thanks amzblk!  You da real MVP Wink
In IGTMod 1.9 I have included LiveSplit plugin support for NoLoads. Works for SOMA versions 1.00 - 1.02.
There is no autosplitting, just pausing the timer when the game is loading. Timer must be started and stopped manually.

The IGTMod time and LiveSplit time are grabbed in different ways, but the end outcome of both should be very very close - at least for single-segment. You might see slight discrepancies in non-ss.
Attachment:
A note for my transport station strat... your camera will be completely unlocked until you get to curie_inside. This means that you can literally do backflips with props in mid-air since your camera can move all 360 degrees. Use caution with the prop hover.
Consistent clip setup and WAU flower access for Sychotixx's new Shuttle Station route.

IGTMod 2.0 aka LiveSplitHelper 1.0 is now completed!
There's no longer any in game indicator of time to keep the game as close to vanilla as possible. The mod exists now solely to help LiveSplit figure out the load and split times.

To keep track of your Game Time, LiveSplit running with one of the provided Scriptable Auto Splitters is required.
More info can be found in the readme. Works with all SOMA versions up to 1.02
7. Launch your SOMA executable with the following extra parameter:

"-mod LiveSplitHelper/entry.hpc"

I am a noob, how do I do this?
Create a shortcut for the game, open the properties, add it to the target path.
I can't seem to get the new LiveSplitHelper to work. The IGTMod (at least up to 1.8) worked fine, but this one does not. I've added the autosplitter into LiveSplit, moved the LiveSplitHelper into the SOMA folder, and I've changed the parameter on the shortcut for the new mod, but it still doesn't remove loads or split. Is there anything other than what I've done that needs to be done?
Which version of the game are you using? You can check this in the dev menu... i think it is like HPL Info or something?

Quick checklist with the values that I use.
Ensure that everything is in the proper folder (C:\GOG Games\SOMA\LiveSplitHelper\entry.hpc).
Ensure that your shortcut is pointing to said entry.hpc above ("C:\GOG Games\SOMA\Soma.exe" -mod LiveSplitHelper/entry.hpc)
Ensure that your livesplit has a "Scriptable Auto Splitter" added to its layout pointing to the correct file (C:\Users\sychotix\Desktop\Steaming\Livesplit\SOMA\LiveSplit.SOMA.FullSplits.asl)

Restart both Livesplit and SOMA. It should now be working.
Quote from sychotix:
Which version of the game are you using? You can check this in the dev menu... i think it is like HPL Info or something?

Ah, I guess that's my problem. I'm on 1.03 according to SOMA's hpl.log. Is there any way I'd be able to revert to 1.02, or am I just SOL?
Quote from RawkBandMan:
Quote from sychotix:

Ah, I guess that's my problem. I'm on 1.03 according to SOMA's hpl.log. Is there any way I'd be able to revert to 1.02, or am I just SOL?

The only way to downgrade afaik is to go find a backup of the game that you totally made when 1.00 came out.
Frictional's invisible walls have nothing on me!

Quote from RawkBandMan:
Quote from sychotix:

I could add support for 1.03 - but there's quite a big patch in Delta, where you can't insert the omnitool into the zeppelin before it's landed. That'll lose you over 30 seconds.
The ideal patch for running the game is the initial one - 1.00
Edit history:
amzblk: 2015-10-29 04:28:00 pm
LiveSplitHelper version 1.1 changes:
1. Main menu no longer pauses the timer
2. ESC in-game no longer pauses the timer
3. Load time removal fix for edge cases that involve slow computers and some maps not having a "ChangeMap" timer

EDIT: Attachment removed
Edit history:
Teravortryx: 2015-10-28 07:21:19 pm
Quote from RawkBandMan:
Quote from sychotix:

You're still in luck. I assume you have the Steam version of the game. If you buy the game again on GOG, you can still download the installer for 1.00. 1.02 exists only as a patch on GOG, not a separate installer. 1.03's not available on GOG yet, but it might come as a patch along with an installer, which would replace the 1.00 installer, so as long as you buy the game before that happens, you're good.
Edit history:
Teravortryx: 2015-11-03 10:11:53 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-11-03 10:11:08 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-10-31 01:46:15 pm
Here's a consistent setup for the Curie clip using the fire extinguisher. If you do fail, the recovery is easy, and is about the same speed as getting the picture clip first try. Hope this helps.

EDIT: You can grab the FE higher than shown in the video if you want to. It should still work fine, maybe even a bit more consistent.