Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Svenne: 2012-05-18 10:51:25 am
Svenne: 2012-05-18 10:50:50 am
Svenne: 2012-05-18 10:50:35 am
Svenne: 2012-05-18 10:50:18 am
Smörgåsbord
The schedule is updated: http://ludendi.se/swedes-of-speed-schedule/

Kotti, I have now put your Total Overdoze in the schedule, also congrats on getting your run-submission accepted here as well!! Cheesy

Timpz, I put Pikmin on the bonus-stream so far! Smiley

Also, we have 2 "new" races on the schedule, Crippe accepted Niss3's two challenges on Shadowgate/Lttp so we have now Zelda: A Link to the Past on the schedule!

It is not to late to sign-up, so if others are interested, please go ahead and do so!
- Alexander Bohlin, Malus
- Castlevania double pack, Aria of Sorrow
- GameBoy Advance, GBA
- PAL
- Boss Rush
- BossRush: 01:36:85

I might get a better record while im training to beat the SDA record.
I also might add a few other games if i have the time to practice.
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2012-05-22 07:34:33 am
TimpZ: 2012-05-22 07:33:03 am
TimpZ: 2012-05-22 07:25:05 am
So you're going to do the Castlevania Aria of Sorrow Boss Rush that lasts for 1½ minute? My opinion is that it isn't really anything to show except for the bonus stream 1) because it's like a trial mode, it's not the game in itself and 2) since the time estimate would be like 3-4 minutes. Do you know how to run the game normally?
Yeah, i can do a NewGame (with all souls, weapons, items etc) speedrun on hardmode. Going to check up the time later tonight and post it.
Quote from Malus:
- Alexander Bohlin, Malus
- Castlevania double pack, Aria of Sorrow
- GameBoy Advance, GBA
- PAL
- Boss Rush
- BossRush: 01:36:85

I might get a better record while im training to beat the SDA record.
I also might add a few other games if i have the time to practice.

Moar Castlevania!!! Hurray!

But I agree with:
Quote from TimpZ:
So you're going to do the Castlevania Aria of Sorrow Boss Rush that lasts for 1½ minute? My opinion is that it isn't really anything to show except for the bonus stream 1) because it's like a trial mode, it's not the game in itself and 2) since the time estimate would be like 3-4 minutes. Do you know how to run the game normally?

But:
Quote from Malus:
Yeah, i can do a NewGame (with all souls, weapons, items etc) speedrun on hardmode. Going to check up the time later tonight and post it.

So that is going to be amazing! =D
Infinite Combo
wasn't Frezy doing X2? why is it saying X3? .... damnsies

EDIT: according tot he old info he was gonna do X2 any%
why is it X3 on the schedule?
Edit history:
Svenne: 2012-05-28 04:09:38 am
Svenne: 2012-05-28 04:07:57 am
Svenne: 2012-05-28 04:07:34 am
Svenne: 2012-05-28 04:07:34 am
Svenne: 2012-05-28 04:07:33 am
Svenne: 2012-05-28 04:06:03 am
Svenne: 2012-05-28 04:05:38 am
Smörgåsbord
Yeah, I guess you are right Jinny!^^ We need to change that! Smiley

On another note:

There are only some minor things left on the schedule, like getting info. on that second Spyro 2 race, Aria of Sorrow new game on hardmode, he never returned with an estimate. Atleast we now got a clear picture on how long the marathon would be without the bonus stream, that is awesome! Smiley So if you want to move the Zelda block to another time, we can do so!

I have put in a huge NES piece in the marathon, seeing how there was opportunity to do so and loads of awesome runners do NES.

There will be two new threads after SGDQ, one for Logistic and one for Practice. I told people I won't work on this during SGDQ!^^

There is atleast one month left to sign-up if you are interested in joining this, please go ahead and do so!thumbsup
Svenne, any chance you could go on Skype? I want to organise the trip to Sweden with my family and I have some specific questions to ask and I think that could be done a lot easier and quicker with your aid.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Hey sorry, I didn't update you on Spyro 2, tbh I got too many runs to get enough practice to put up a decent fight in a 100% race, although may be worth having a quick 40-orb or any% race in bonus stream if the other Spyro 2 runners are there/interested...
Smörgåsbord
@Cyprys, yeah, my grafic-card on my computer gave up before SGDQ so I had to watch the whole thing on Mobile or borrow a Laptop, so I haven't been able to be on Skype. I guess I could give you Crippe's Skype because he will be the guy incharge over the Logistic-thread and I over Practice.

@RoboSparkle, np, I understand, we will fix that for you! A Spyro race would be cool!
Quote from Svenne:
Yeah, I guess you are right Jinny!^^ We need to change that! :)There are only some minor things left on the schedule, like getting info. on that second Spyro 2 race, Aria of Sorrow new game on hardmode, he never returned with an estimate. Atleast we now got a clear picture on how long the marathon would be without the bonus stream, that is awesome! Smiley So if you want to move the Zelda block to another time, we can do so!

I won't be able to practice anything after the next weekend for about three weeks so I'll point out now that I'd like to run at least one more game. Whether that'll be Hitman Blood Money or Penumbra Overture+Black Plague is still a question. Or maybe even both, it there's room and interest.

I haven't practiced Hitman in a while but I have the routes well memorized so getting back in shape shouldn't be a problem. The category would be Pro/Silent Assassin, so I'd be getting the highest rating on the highest difficulty on every level aside from the tutorial which would be skipped as it's very boring and inconsistent to get SA on. The difficult bit with this is that getting SA isn't always that simple since it can be lost extremely easily in ways I can't directly affect. If that was to happen I'd either have to restart the level or just deal with the situation and salvage what I can, which usually results in the second highest rating.

As for Penumbra, I can do Overture consistently in under 30 minutes if I can use version 1.0, which can be a little problematic. Black Plague is a whole another story as I have not yet touched it speedrunning wise at all, but since it uses the same engine I should be able to learn it relatively easily. I believe it's somewhat longer than Overture, maybe 45 minutes?
Edit history:
Crippe: 2012-05-29 12:36:17 pm
meh
@Cyprus: Just like Svenne said, you can add me on Skype if you want, and I'll try to answer all of your questions as good as I can Smiley
My skypename is "crippelink". Lately I've been really bad at actually logging on skype, but I'll try to remember to stay online from now on.

Edit: If anyone else wants to add me on skype that's fine too ^^
Smörgåsbord
The 31 of July is the last date to sign-up!
Speed is all that matters.
Since DRsynj asked me earlier this month whether I'd attend this marathon or not I decided I should actually attend it.
Before I actually sign up I'd like to make sure which of my games could make it into the schedule just to prevent flying over for like a 30 minute game only given that the schedule already looks pretty packed.
Given that 2 of the games are on the schedule already I'm not too worried but double checking is better, though. Cheesy

These are the games I can offer, the time estimates include time for setting up, etc.
All of the NTSC version would be easily compatible with the PAL consoles they're being played on, except for Persona 4. I do have a PAL copy for Persona 4, though, if NTSC would give some issues here, console compatibility wise.

Catherine (Normal difficulty) - PS3 NTSC-U - Any% (possibly blindfolding 7/9 areas in the game, then continuing normal - latter parts are hardly possible as most of the stuff starts becoming completely random) - Estimate 1:45, 1:55 (with blindfold)

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! - PS3 NTSC-U (PSN Version) or PSX/PS2 PAL if someone has a spare copy to bring to the marathon - Any% and/or 40 orbs (no major skips) - Estimate 0:40, 1:15 (40 orbs)

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 NTSC-J - Any% - Estimate 4:00 (Race with DRsynj?)

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - PS2 NTSC-U or PAL (might be slower) - Any% - Estimate 14:10 (Bad Ending), 15:20 (Normal Ending), 16:00 (True Ending)
Preferably True Ending given that it adds additional bosses at the end.

I can understand if P4 wouldn't make it on the list, given the length of it, but I thought I should try at least.
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2012-06-25 02:35:54 pm
TimpZ: 2012-06-25 02:35:47 pm
Dalfen said that if there's interest then he might be able to do "Rosenkreuzstilette". He's gotten it down to just above 40 minutes SS and might be able to improve it a little bit more. He would need a computer to play on but he can bring his own 360-controller.

So what do you say?

EDIT: He just got 37:00
Precursor
I would watch the shit out of RKS.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Neviutz:
Since DRsynj asked me earlier this month whether I'd attend this marathon or not I decided I should actually attend it.
Before I actually sign up I'd like to make sure which of my games could make it into the schedule just to prevent flying over for like a 30 minute game only given that the schedule already looks pretty packed.
Given that 2 of the games are on the schedule already I'm not too worried but double checking is better, though. Cheesy

These are the games I can offer, the time estimates include time for setting up, etc.
All of the NTSC version would be easily compatible with the PAL consoles they're being played on, except for Persona 4. I do have a PAL copy for Persona 4, though, if NTSC would give some issues here, console compatibility wise.

Catherine (Normal difficulty) - PS3 NTSC-U - Any% (possibly blindfolding 7/9 areas in the game, then continuing normal - latter parts are hardly possible as most of the stuff starts becoming completely random) - Estimate 1:45, 1:55 (with blindfold)

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! - PS3 NTSC-U (PSN Version) or PSX/PS2 PAL if someone has a spare copy to bring to the marathon - Any% and/or 40 orbs (no major skips) - Estimate 0:40, 1:15 (40 orbs)

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - PS2 NTSC-U or PAL (might be slower) - Any% - Estimate 14:10 (Bad Ending), 15:20 (Normal Ending), 16:00 (True Ending)

I can understand if P4 wouldn't make it on the list, given the length of it, but I thought I should try at least.

I think you better send a PM to Crippe, Frezy or Svenne at this point.

My two cents: GO FOR IT! I'm sure there is room somewhere Smiley
meh
Oh yeah, I meant to answer in this thread earlier, my apologies. I'm very sure that we have room for Catherine in the schedule, and for Spyro 2, why not have a big 4-man race eh? Wink Taking into account that Ludendi just its own Dazzle we now have 4 at the marathon. As for Final Fantasy XIII-2 it's basically the same with Spyro, if a race can be made then why not?
SMT on the other hand is an awfully long run, even if you divide them into parts. I'll have to get back to you on this one.

We will work on updating the schedule during this week, since there's some other stuff that needs changing in there as well.
Hockey enthusiast
Given what's been said in other marathon-threads. Having races with more than 2 people is a logistical nightmare, not mentioning very bothersome for the viewers and commentators.  Smiley
meh
Quote from Edenal:
Given what's been said in other marathon-threads. Having races with more than 2 people is a logistical nightmare, not mentioning very bothersome for the viewers and commentators.  Smiley

Very true indeed. Well, at least I will look into it and talk with the others if they think it could be possible. But I will get back to all this as we are working on updating the schedule this week
Quote from Crippe:
Oh yeah, I meant to answer in this thread earlier, my apologies. I'm very sure that we have room for Catherine in the schedule, and for Spyro 2, why not have a big 4-man race eh? Wink Taking into account that Ludendi just its own Dazzle we now have 4 at the marathon. As for Final Fantasy XIII-2 it's basically the same with Spyro, if a race can be made then why not?
SMT on the other hand is an awfully long run, even if you divide them into parts. I'll have to get back to you on this one.

We will work on updating the schedule during this week, since there's some other stuff that needs changing in there as well.

Okay, that sounds good. Like I said, I'm not too worried about Persona 4 given that I know myself how incredibly long it is.

I have a couple more questions about the marathon, though. Mind if I add you on skype, Crippe?
Edit history:
Crippe: 2012-06-26 12:07:46 pm
meh
Quote from Neviutz:
I have a couple more questions about the marathon, though. Mind if I add you on skype, Crippe?

Not at all, but I'm really bad at logging on to Skype. So if it's urgent or so and I'm not there send me a PM here on SDA :p

Edit: Skypenick is crippelink
This is my avatar
4-way race for Spyro 2?
BRING IT ON!
Okay, confirmed all the necessary stuff today so I thought I should create a proper signup post now.

Name: Sven 'Neviutz' Leise

(My game list, once again)

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - PS2 NTSC-U or PAL (PAL would be 5/6th speed) - Any% - Estimate 14:10 (Bad Ending), 15:20 (Normal Ending), 16:00 (True Ending)

I will bring all the games myself, however, I would be grateful if I didn't have to bring my consoles (I was talking to crippe about this already), obviously I will also bring my own controllers.
Quote:
I won't be able to practice anything after the next weekend for about three weeks so I'll point out now that I'd like to run at least one more game. Whether that'll be Hitman Blood Money or Penumbra Overture+Black Plague is still a question. Or maybe even both, it there's room and interest.
Since the gaming computer at the marathon will have an ATI gfx card, running the good version of Penumbra is out of the question and because of that I'd like to run Hitman. I'm very much out of shape right now, but still I should be able to get 1:20. That estimate is hopefully going to lower a bit as I get back into it.

Also, I'd definitely like to see a run of Catherine