List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ONOGMuffins: 2015-07-16 07:21:39 pm
sumichu: 2015-06-29 05:25:34 pm
ONOGMuffins: 2015-05-18 05:40:07 pm
ONOGMuffins: 2015-05-18 05:39:32 pm
This thread and form is only for signing up to volunteer. The due date is July 10th (11:59pm EST) for signing up, and the schedule will be released at a later time.

This year we are also opening signups for offsite volunteer roles in addition to the normal onsite volunteers.  All volunteers will report to Volunteer Coordinators Muffins and Vulajin unless noted otherwise.

Offsite:

Chat moderators: Moderating Twitch chat, quake.net chat.

Onsite:

Donation station: What we generally need the most manpower for. Responsibilities include reading and filtering donation comments, and choosing donation comments to be read by the host.

Tech station: Responsibilities include operating the streaming software and audio mixer, and ensuring the stream is working to standards.

Hosting: Deadline for sign ups is July 6th. Responsibilities include reading donation comments on stream, and plugging the event, charity and sponsors.

Enforcement (Reports to MURPHAGATOR):  Responsibilities include ensuring designated areas stay food-free, checking badges and fetching staff if something goes wrong.

Registration: Responsibilities include checking in attendees, distributing badges and processing onsite donations.

Posting Photos (Reports to Sumichu): Responsibilities include taking photos in the event spaces at SGDQ and live tweeting them to the GDQ twitter account.

Feel free to ask questions about the roles and/or scheduling in this topic.
Thread title:  
The flight I am looking at taking will put me at the airport at 9am on Saturday the 25th.  Assuming there will be a need of help for setup, about when do you think that will be happening? I can easily help out with that since I'll be there so early. I will look into helping out with other stuff via the sign-up.
Edit history:
DarkTerrex: 2015-05-18 06:09:32 pm
DarkTerrex: 2015-05-18 06:09:19 pm
Also, after signing up, I assume we have some sort of option of what we would prefer to help out with? Since there isn't an option on the sign-up.
Quote from DarkTerrex:
The flight I am looking at taking will put me at the airport at 9am on Saturday the 25th.  Assuming there will be a need of help for setup, about when do you think that will be happening? I can easily help out with that since I'll be there so early. I will look into helping out with other stuff via the sign-up.

Big set up days are going to be the 24th and the 25th. It will be going whenever staff is awake in the morning until it is finished. If you are interested, make a note on the application and I'll put your name aside to contact you when we have more solid information on it.
Quote from DarkTerrex:
Also, after signing up, I assume we have some sort of option of what we would prefer to help out with? Since there isn't an option the list.

We try to sign people up for a shift on each station that they request to be on at the least. If it gets to the point where we have too many volunteers, we will reach out to those that might have to choose which they would prefer.
Husband, Father, and Gamer.
Huge AGDQ/SGDQ fan and fellow Twitch streamer (Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher) I would love to assist in chat moderation.
Dapper as fuck.
Hey Hannah, I'll notate on the app, but to let you know I live in Minneapolis and can help with anything needed 24th after work and 25th.
Quote from SphericalCrusher:
Huge AGDQ/SGDQ fan and fellow Twitch streamer (Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher) I would love to assist in chat moderation.

Please sign up for it on the volunteer sign up form, we won't be scheduling or modding anyone who doesn't use the forms.  There is a space on this years form for offsite volunteers.
Quote from philosoraptor42:
Hey Hannah, I'll notate on the app, but to let you know I live in Minneapolis and can help with anything needed 24th after work and 25th.

Awesome thanks!
I saw in another thread that SGDQ will have a dedicated audio team. Will that be affecting the tech station at all?
Dapper as fuck.
actually I don't think I saw a spot to mention that specifically before it just said I was done, but I did state I was available starting Friday evening through Sunday evening the end of the event if that helps.
Edit history:
ONOGMuffins: 2015-05-18 07:07:46 pm
actually I don't think I saw a spot to mention that specifically before it just said I was done, but I did state I was available starting Friday evening through Sunday evening the end of the event if that helps.

Derp, I'll add one, I think I did and then forgot to press save.

EDIT: Added it, sorry about that.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Signed up.  Excited to help in any way again (especially since I'll be able to stay around this time compared to driving 7 hours straight and jumping into a hosting shift without unloading my car or taking off my coat yet).
i can chat mod, twitch.tv/itz_herbiie
Quote from musical_daredevil:
I saw in another thread that SGDQ will have a dedicated audio team. Will that be affecting the tech station at all?

There will be some changes. Tech will be doing anything the audio guys ask them to in that area, but they will still be doing set up, working with the mic, camera, change the stream scenes, and will also be helping with getting people in place for whatever interviews take place.
Dapper as fuck.
Quote from ONOGMuffins:

So is there some way to go back or can you notate that on my application?
Quote from ONOGMuffins:

So is there some way to go back or can you notate that on my application?

If you were signed into googledrive you should be able to do it, but I'll make a note for you and DarkTerrex because it happened before I had put the option in.
Edit history:
uselesshobo: 2015-05-18 08:58:42 pm
uselesshobo: 2015-05-18 08:39:35 pm
uselesshobo: 2015-05-18 08:38:54 pm
EDIT: I am very willing to help setup and tear down
Edit history:
DarkTerrex: 2015-05-18 08:43:07 pm
DarkTerrex: 2015-05-18 08:42:52 pm
Yeah I was wondering, haha. I'll put a note in the phone section about the 25th and just say what I'd like to do otherwise when contacted

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize it went to another section for what I was questioning about, haha.
words on words on words
How long do shifts generally last?
Quote from JTBeezy:
How long do shifts generally last?

4 hours
Nightmaren Lumen Speedrunner
Just applied to be a chat mod for the marathon. Sounds like fun and Id be more than happy to assit anyway I can!!!
Edit history:
Cautex: 2015-05-18 09:49:11 pm
Just a heads up: there's a typo on the second page of the form, last question:
Quote:
Is there anything else you wish to share?
If you are interested in going above and beyond or have anything important that we shoudl know.

I also mentioned it in my volunteer application just to be safe
words on words on words
Since I'm not going to be on-site all week, do I need to submit another application for chat mod?
Quote from JTBeezy:
Since I'm not going to be on-site all week, do I need to submit another application for chat mod?

Yes please. Its a much shorter application.