Smiley
Sad
<- 123 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
We could totally just tape a selfie stick to the ceiling or wall for streaming resistance and other games. An over the shoulder angle would be nice. I should message Matty or someone about putting a link to the periscope on the twitch during the marathon and promoting it between runs or something. If y'all have any suggestions for how to support a phone in a stable position at a decent angle gibe pls.
I'm not going to be bringing anything, but I will be playing board games every waking moment that I'm not running, practicing, or eating. My one comment is that Resistance is probably my least favorite game at GDQs because the games always last 2+ hours and nobody can join in the middle, so if you're late to the game, you're locked out of board games for the next couple hours. Also, Resistance is super stressful relative to the other games. I might do it once or twice, but let's not go overboard.
I mean, it wasn't stressful when I played. It was like, 2 hours of me trying to convince Noir I was a Cylon so me and him could work against other people, and him not believing me, and me managing to convince everyone else that I wasn't a sympathizer with some ridiculous logic. But I can see how it COULD be stressful. But, we have 3 tables in the little tabletop corner, and will probably be going 24 hours even if we don't stream 24 hours. I'll do whatever I can to make sure you don't end up playing Resistance all the time and being left out, even if I have to personally leave the game to play Hanabi or TTR or something.
Quote from ziggirawk:
I mean, it wasn't stressful when I played. It was like, 2 hours of me trying to convince Noir I was a Cylon so me and him could work against other people, and him not believing me, and me managing to convince everyone else that I wasn't a sympathizer with some ridiculous logic. But I can see how it COULD be stressful. But, we have 3 tables in the little tabletop corner, and will probably be going 24 hours even if we don't stream 24 hours. I'll do whatever I can to make sure you don't end up playing Resistance all the time and being left out, even if I have to personally leave the game to play Hanabi or TTR or something.

Sounds like you're talking about Battlestar Galactica, which is a perfectly cromulent game. I look forward to accusing others of being cylon scum.
Quote from FearfulFerret:
I might do it once or twice, but let's not go overboard.

Once or twice?!  No - 20.  Twenty times.  That's the minimum.

It does sound like there's likely to be a big enough group to have multiple games going often though.  And Resistance is best with only 7, without plot cards, where it's a relevantly faster game (though I don't think I'll be able to get many games of that going sadly).
i swear we played battlestar galactica out of a box that said the resistance. i mean, they're both pretty much the same, but the resistance seems to take longer and have more to it. BSG has shorter rounds and less going on. but yeah, we'll definitely have enough people to have multiple games running.
Also, we need someone to bring lots of dice (maybe 60) for liar's dice. And cups. Lots of cups.
i haven't been playing pathfinder long enough to have a dice bag full of various die. sadly.
Quote from ziggirawk:
the resistance seems to take longer and have more to it. BSG has shorter rounds and less going on.

You've got that backwards.  The Resistance is usually 45min - 2hours depending on people playing, existence of plot cards, and how serious people are.  Battlestar is ~2.5-4 hours or so.
Quote from Twinge:
You've got that backwards.  The Resistance is usually 45min - 2hours depending on people playing, existence of plot cards, and how serious people are.  Battlestar is ~2.5-4 hours or so.

This is what happens when you have 2 games with similar names that are pretty much the same thing. SCREW IT WE BRING BOTH GAEMZ.
station
Quote from FearfulFerret:
Also, we need someone to bring lots of dice (maybe 60) for liar's dice. And cups. Lots of cups.

I have well over that from my MTG and D&D days (assuming they're d6's you're talking about) then I will bring the shit outta dice.

i hav no cups
SGDQ Poker. Who is interested? I'll organize if no one else wants too.
aka forte27
I'd deal for poker if I get rekt again Tongue

Definitely going to make it again this year.  I've got tabletop game plans too, but I want to gauge interest, since I'm flying from Georgia.

Splendor - released in 2014, a game about gem collecting.  Very easy to teach, but lots of strategy and analysis.  2-4 players

One night Werewolf - up to 10 players, and I'm definitely planning to bring this, as it will be a huge hit.  It's just Werewolf/mafia with different roles, but the trick is, each game is only allowed to last 5-10 minutes and one round of voting.  It would be amazing at SGDQ if my Resistance experience from last year is anything to go by.

Race for the Galaxy - Complex resource management card game.  If you've ever played Puerto Rico, it has very similar mechanics, but everything is done with cards.  There is also a dice version that is very fun (Roll for the Galaxy)

Riichi Mahjong - I got to play some last year, and I have a set of my own if anyone wants to play this year.

I may come back with more ideas, but these are the ones that immediately come to mind.  Basically, I joined a board game group recently, and I've been introduced to a ton of new games since I last played seriously.

Also, I'd be totally down for any fighting game ever (especially Street Fighter, Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, Guilty Gear, or any older Capcom games).
Gets the cake.
Quote from bassdeluxe27:
One night Werewolf - up to 10 players, and I'm definitely planning to bring this, as it will be a huge hit.  It's just Werewolf/mafia with different roles, but the trick is, each game is only allowed to last 5-10 minutes and one round of voting.  It would be amazing at SGDQ if my Resistance experience from last year is anything to go by.

Oh my god yes this is so much fun. I've played it a couple of times in tabletop, it's hilarious and great.
Quote from bassdeluxe27:
Splendor

I'm not the biggest fan personally, but it's fairly quick and easy to learn - I think some folks would enjoy it.

Quote from bassdeluxe27:
One night Werewolf

I expect this to be the single most played game of SGDQ15.  I don't have a copy myself, but I could probably borrow one if we don't already have at least 2 copies floating about - even better with expansions available.

Quote from bassdeluxe27:
Race for the Galaxy / Roll for the Galaxy

I like Race more than Roll.  I especially like it better with at least the first expansion, but still decent without.

Downside being that it is a very dense game for first-time players, so might not get a ton of play, but should see at least some.

Quote from bassdeluxe27:
Riichi Mahjong

You mean the game where we can joking make up new rules and they happen to be actual rules? Wink

I am not keen on more Mahjong myself, though I believe Withelde is planning on going and was very enthusiastic about it.

---

I am officially going now, by the way.  Since it's not in Denver I can't bring literally all the games unfortunately, but I'll see what I can muster.  I'd definitely like to play a good amount of Time's Up and will probably bring that, and I'll certainly have Hanabi+card holders on hand as well.  My collection can be seen here - let me know if there's anything specific people would like me to bring (though I probably won't have room for more than 1 big box game?  we'll see.)
One Night Ultimate Werewolf was the AGDQ 2015 game of choice for about 8 hours straight. It should be just as much fun the next time around, though it's gotten a bit stale for me since we started playing it on Tabletop. ZachSK brought it last time, so it already seems like we'll have 2 or 3 copies.
#FailFish
Some of us are going to have a Donkey Kong Country Trilogy 306% race .  We're targeting having it on the morning of Friday, July 31st.  So far it's me, MrZeraTheMant, RaikouRider, and JohannHowitzer, but anyone would of course be welcome!  The race is exactly like it sounds - all three SNES Donkey games at their completion categories.

It would be great to have a reserved spot for it so we're not fighting for TVs in the casual room (ie the tournament room, per Cool Matty's post in the Hotel Layout thread).  If this isn't "official" enough, though, we understand!
Quote from Antilles58:
Some of us are going to have a Donkey Kong Country Trilogy 306% race .  We're targeting having it on the morning of Friday, July 31st.  So far it's me, MrZeraTheMant, RaikouRider, and JohannHowitzer, but anyone would of course be welcome!  The race is exactly like it sounds - all three SNES Donkey games at their completion categories.

It would be great to have a reserved spot for it so we're not fighting for TVs in the casual room (ie the tournament room, per Cool Matty's post in the Hotel Layout thread).  If this isn't "official" enough, though, we understand!

I'll do what I can to make sure y'all have a peaceful slot of time and that people are aware of it so you won't have to worry about any of that.
Alrighty, spreadsheet made up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VZokAQiNtw-2KAmxyyt8BeueEpA39CxRF74AQUbfGYY/edit?usp=sharing

There are 3 tabs at the bottom.  Names with question marks are unconfirmed.  There's also many games people are thinking about bringing but may not have room for, so please express interest in anything you want to play!  This will also help us coordinate - having 2-3 copies of The Resistance just makes sense, but we probably wouldn't need more than 1 copy of Ticket to Ride for example.
aka forte27
Just adding a quick note.  I don't actually own One Night Werewolf, so if others can bring it, I'd prefer that.  I would buy it if no one else had it, though.

Twinge, I'd definitely be up for playing Bohnanza or Tichu.  Also, you know Loopin' Louie would get played, but I understand if you can't pack it.

I'm definitely planning on picking up and bringing Race for the Galaxy + first expansion if I can get a hold of it before the marathon.
Edit history:
glitchgoomba: 2015-07-02 01:37:32 pm
I am invincible
Gwent at SGDQ in the casual gaming room:

4 card decks will be on hand to play anyone who asks me for a round (or each other!).  The decks will be complete with the proper number of specials, heroes etc.  Dunno yet if I'll print the original decks or the newer decks made available to download on ps4.  But HYPE!  Just ask me to play when you see me and as a prize you will be given a card if you win!  HYPE!
Student No. 41269
Here's what I'm currently planning on bringing for SGDQ:
Battlestar Galactica (base + all explansions): 3-6; up to 7 possible (best 4-6); Estimated Game Length: 2 1/2 to 4 hours
Betrayal At House On The Hill (2nd edition): 3-6 players; Estimated Game Length: 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours
The Boss: 2-5 players, 6 for teams; Estimated Game Length: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Ca$h 'n Guns (2nd edition): 4-8 players; Estimated Game Length: Click...click...bang!
Cockroach Poker: 2-6 players; Estimated game length: 20-40 minutes
Cosmic Encounters (base + most expansions): 3-5 base; can go higher with expansions but wouldn't recommend going over 6; Estimated Game Length: 1 to 2 hours
Coup (base + expansions): 2-6 for base, 10 players with expansion: Estimated Game Length: 10 to 20 minutes
Cube Quest: 2 players; Estimated Game Time: 5 to 15 minutes
Dead of Winter: 2-5 players; Estimated Game Time: 1 1/2 to 3 hours
Libertalia: 2-6 players; Estimated Game Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Love Letter: 2-4 players; Estimated Game Time: 15-30 minutes
Machi Koro (base + Harbor expansion): 2-5 players: Estimated Game Time: 30 to 45 minutes
Mascarade (base + expansion): 2-13 players: Estimated Game Time: 30 to 45 minutes
Once Upon A Time (base + expansions): 2-6 players; Estimated Game time: 30 minutes to oh god what happened in this story start again?!
One Night Ultimate Werewolf (base + expansion + promo pack): 3-10 players, but technically can go more for all the chaos; Estimated Game Time: 15 to 20 minutes depending on night phase and day phase length
The Resistance (base + expansions): 5-10 players; Estimated Game Time: 45 minutes to 2 1/2 hours
Resistance Avalon (base + Lancelot): 5-10 players: Estimated Game Time: 45 minutes to 2 1/2 hours
Saboteur (base + expansion): 2-12 players; Estimated Game Time: 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours
Smash Up (base + expansions): 2-4 players: Estimated Game Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Spyfall: 3-8 players; Estimated Game Time: 30 minutes to whenever you stop playing
Sushi Go: 2-5 players; Estimated Game Time: 20 to 40 minutes
Toc-Toc Woodman: 2-7 players; Estimated Game Time: 10 to 20 minutes
Tsuro: 2-8 players; Estimated Game Time; 15 to 30 minutes
Walk The Plank: 3-5 players; Estimated Game Time: 15 minutes to just fall off the plank already!
Welcome To The Dungeon: 2-4 players; Estimated Game Time: 15 to 30 minutes

If other people are planning to bring some of the games, then I'll just let them bring a copy. I may remove/add a few games depending on interest.
Quite the list!  Spreadsheet updated.  Went ahead and added Bohnanza as a definite from my side.
I am bringing my mahjong tile set for sure, so mark that on your sheet I guess. Riichi style is all I know.
Edit history:
bassdeluxe27: 2015-07-06 12:27:48 pm
aka forte27
So, apparently Squall has everything covered.  Betrayal is amazing, and I hope we get to play it a few times.  I'll bring Race for the Galaxy then, and I won't even need to worry about bringing my Mahjong set (unless someone is worried about having more than 4 players).

I guess if board games are covered, then I'll make sure I bring my PS3 and fighting game collection.  This will definitely include (but not necessarily be limited to):

Ultra Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter: Third Strike
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax
Guilty Gear Xrd
King of Fighters XIII

Also OMG Toc-Toc Woodman!!!!  Dexterity games FTW!!!