Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ziggirawk: 2015-07-08 08:08:57 pm
ziggirawk: 2015-07-02 01:19:18 pm
ziggirawk: 2015-05-24 07:50:33 pm
ziggirawk: 2015-05-24 07:50:26 pm
ziggirawk: 2015-05-24 07:50:24 pm
I didn't see a casual games thread like we had for AGDQ. So feel free to use this thread to organize Poker Tournaments, tabletop games, casual multiplayer(1v1 me bro), MTG etc. I would love to do another Poker Tournament and get better than 12th place, and am trying to organize Cards Against Humanity with some people. Include a time and date for your game and I'll add it to this first post, or if it's flexible I'll just put that.

If you're willing to just provide tabletop games, poker stuffs, or other casual game related equipment, that would be greatly appreciated too. Tabletop games like Ticket To Ride, Resistance, Munchkin, and Pandemic are usually around 40-55 dollars so sharing is encouraged.

This spreadsheet is for board games, card games, and other casual games. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VZokAQiNtw-2KAmxyyt8BeueEpA39CxRF74AQUbfGYY/htmlview?pli=1#

For all tournaments that are NOT card or tabletop(i.e. ANY video game) you must reserve your time on this thread https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/sgdq_2015_tournament_room_reservations.html
Thread title:  
I'd be up for some MTG. Only play EDH however.
I've never played DnD before, does that ever happen? Also Euchre wouldn't be bad...
Quote from sagev3:
I've never played DnD before, does that ever happen? Also Euchre wouldn't be bad...

From what I saw at AGDQ no. It seems like it'd have to be kept to people's hotel rooms if it did. Casual room is much too loud and hot, and committing to even a small 5 hour campaign would conflict with watching runs and other people using the tables in the casual room. As much as I'd love to play a short Pathfinder session, I don't see it happening. There's also the logistics of everyone having to pack their dice and minis and books and DM supplies.

Quote from JayTheIdiot:
I'd be up for some MTG. Only play EDH however.

I don't play MTG, but if I recall the casual games thread for AGDQ was a lot of EDH. So you'd probably have no problem there.
I'm sure I won't be the only one bringing Cards Against Humanity, though I will say it's the UK version, sans expansions. I'd also be up for a bit of poker, even if I do suck at it. Something like a dollar entry fee for tournaments and stuff to raise that little bit more for charity might be cool too.
I have the base package for Munchkin if anyone would like me to bring it. I can also bring some decks of cards, maybe I'll do a few card tricks?
Munchkin is great. If you tweet about it the illustrator will follow you lol. And what are the differences between UK CAH and US? Anything besides spelling?

Entry fee for Poker tournament at AGDQ was like 10 dollars IIRC, with the whole prize pool being donated. If we get a lot of people we could lower it, but as of now a full on tournament doesn't look likely and it'll just be casual play.
I say bring the UK version of CAH, btw. Might be some different cards that'll give us Yanks a hearty chuckle.
There are a lot of references to British personalities and historical events, as I'm sure there are US ones in that version.

Basically a lot of cards that will make the average murkan cry, "Who?"
I say bring it. If anything they might add to the comedy because of the confusion.
Last year's SGDQ had a ridiculous amount of boardgame play - I watched a lot *fewer* speedruns at the event than I would've at home because I was too busy playing boardgames =)

The awesomeness of The Resistance, Mao, Liar's Dice, and Hanabi will all almost definitely show their faces whether I end up making it or not.  I'm keen on getting some Two Rooms & A Boom going if I attend (likely but not guaranteed right now).  Down to play some CAH.  I have a variety of other games available, though I can't bring a huge number since I wouldn't be driving.

As a side note I'd love to see some backroom GDQ Resistance streamed if we end up working it out to get the okay to stream at all.  I'd be happy to bring my Blue Yeti microphone if it was going to happen.
For those interested in Guilty Gear I will once again have my PS3 there to plaiy some casuals with anyone who wants to learn some about XRD.
I'd be down for quite a few of the games mentioned.  I often play CAH, Ticket to Ride, Pandemic, Munchkin and others with my friends, but unfortunately I don't own any of them.
may use a few too many Kappas
I have had thoughts of organizing a Pokemon Puzzle League / Tetris Attack tournament, but without a clue as to volunteer schedules, I don't know when I would be available to run it. I wonder just how many people would be interested in that. I will definitely be playing them (as well as the Japanese-exclusive Nintendo Puzzle Collection for 4-player Vs. action) with others frequently throughout the week, though.
station
Quote from Klaige:
For those interested in Guilty Gear I will once again have my PS3 there to plaiy some casuals with anyone who wants to learn some about XRD.

I'm no FGC enthusiast but I am a big fan of Guilty Gear XX and Reload / all the PS2 games. Only played XRD briefly but I am down for learning and probably getting my ass handed to me. I'll be sure to keep my PS3 controller with me if this will be happening.
Quote from Twinge:
Last year's SGDQ had a ridiculous amount of boardgame play - I watched a lot *fewer* speedruns at the event than I would've at home because I was too busy playing boardgames =)

The awesomeness of The Resistance, Mao, Liar's Dice, and Hanabi will all almost definitely show their faces whether I end up making it or not.  I'm keen on getting some Two Rooms & A Boom going if I attend (likely but not guaranteed right now).  Down to play some CAH.  I have a variety of other games available, though I can't bring a huge number since I wouldn't be driving.

As a side note I'd love to see some backroom GDQ Resistance streamed if we end up working it out to get the okay to stream at all.  I'd be happy to bring my Blue Yeti microphone if it was going to happen.

I would love to play Hanabi with someone. I haven't played that in forever!
I'm not very good at board games and don't know of 90% of the ones mentioned here, but would love to sit and play some. I also have a mahjong tile set that I can bring if there is any interest in that, although I have no clue how to keep score.

Quote from CardsOfTheHeart:
I wonder just how many people would be interested in that.

Oohh yes please.
Totally Radical Awesome Game
E V I L Z O N E
V
I
L
Z
O
N
E
Gets the cake.
I'll be bringing boss monster and another copy of hanabi and spending 99% of my waking hours hanging out with the board game crew.
Certified Wumbologist
I can probably bring my Cards Against Humanity (Canadian base + expansions 1, 2, 3 and box) depending on whether I can fit the Bigger Blacker Box in my case, and I can definitely bring my Munchkin set (base + Unnatural Axe). If anyone brings Guitar Hero or Rock Band I will probably show up randomly to join in.
I have King of Tokyo and Ticket to Ride, but I don't think I can bring both in my suitcase. Which would people prefer?
Quote from Twinge:

Our game of Resistance at AGDQ2015 was really my first tabletop experience(discounting family Hasbro style games) and I've wanted to stream it since then. I would be down for even just Periscoping an overhead view of the table if someone could rig something up -cough- tape your phone to the ceiling -cough-. The hammy acting that inevitably results from people trying to convince others of Cylon-ness or lack thereof is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I've never played Hanabi, but it sounds interesting. I would definitely like to play it, and it seems to be popular enough amongst all of us.

Quote from CyclopsDragon:
I can probably bring my Cards Against Humanity (Canadian base + expansions 1, 2, 3 and box) depending on whether I can fit the Bigger Blacker Box in my case, and I can definitely bring my Munchkin set (base + Unnatural Axe). If anyone brings Guitar Hero or Rock Band I will probably show up randomly to join in.

Pfffft you can always fit the Bigger Blacker Box in your pants. Duh. But yes, I'd still like you to bring it. And Munchkin is a quick enough game that it should fit into anyone's schedule easily. But if it's a choice between the two, I think we all want CAH.

Quote from TheSoundDefense:
I have King of Tokyo and Ticket to Ride, but I don't think I can bring both in my suitcase. Which would people prefer?

I've wanted to play Ticket To Ride for a long time, but it's quite space consuming(although it appears the casual room at this hotel is going to be huge and we can always push tables together) and time consuming. So while I personally would love to have it there, I'll let other people reply with whether or not they want that or King of Tokyo and go from there.

Once people are 100% on what they're bringing, I'll add it to the first post and if people give their run/volunteer times I'll try to find something that doesn't conflict with anyone.
station
If board games are gonna be a thing then I could bring shadows over Camelot + expansion with Merlin in it. Nothing like a good "one player may or may not be a traitor so accuse everyone of treason" to bring us all together :>
Quote from saintmillion:
If board games are gonna be a thing then I could bring shadows over Camelot + expansion with Merlin in it. Nothing like a good "one player may or may not be a traitor so accuse everyone of treason" to bring us all together :>

Things I've seen on Tabletop are like, an instant thumbs up from me.
Quote from TheSoundDefense:

Both would get played.  Ticket to Ride is a better game.  King of Tokyo will be better received and played more at a GDQ.