List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
romscout: 2014-05-30 01:18:34 pm
romscout: 2014-03-27 09:53:23 pm
romscout: 2014-03-27 09:33:04 pm
that Metroidvania guy
You are now welcome to reserve rooms for SGDQ 2014! Before providing the link/details, here is a reminder of the dates:

- Main marathon is June 22 through June 28.
- There is a setup day before this (June 21).
- Bonus stream is June 29 through June 30, and the last recommended day for leaving is July 1.
- The hotel page says you can book June 17 - July 3, but we only agreed to have rooms blocked off on the dates listed above, so no guarantees on anything for the other days.

Here is the link for reserving rooms: http://bombch.us/dVe
Choose "ATTENDEE" in the dropdown on the left and then proceed with the reservation details from there.

Here are some important considerations:
- After taxes, the rooms come out to $122.90 per day. This was $109 before taxes, as previously mentioned in another thread. This means if you have 4 people in your room, it comes out to $30.73 per person daily. If you have 5, it's $24.58 per person daily.
- Even though you can only choose up to 4 people for a room, you are allowed to have a 5th person. (he/she just won't be listed)
- The last day to reserve rooms is June 2nd.
- Because you will have to put personal info/addresses/etc. for everyone in the room, it might be easier in many cases to have the room under a single person's name. The standard quad room will still be available if you choose 1 guest.
- The breakfast buffet page can be skipped by clicking "NEXT". This is a standard option they have to include for reservations, but we will be providing breakfast vouchers to attendees, so you won't need to worry about it.
- You do not need to make a deposit of any kind when making this reservation. The billing info is so they can have it on record in case of incidentals during the event.

If you need help finding roommates, Dr. Cool Guy is managing the roommate thread here:
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/sgdq_2014_roommate_research_thread__deadline_5302.html

If you need more info about the hotel we're staying at (the Crowne Plaza DIA), check the first post of this thread:
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/sgdq_2014_hotel_spoilers_crowne_plaza_dia.html

If you have any other questions or concerns, go ahead and post in this thread and I will address them when I can.
Thread title:  
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Do they offer single rooms for say just 2 people, at a cheaper rate?
that Metroidvania guy
Quote from Radman:
Do they offer single rooms for say just 2 people, at a cheaper rate?

No, it'd be more expensive than if you split it with 4/5.
I am taking my wife with me. Are options available for a room only for us, or would it be a case where we'd share with another couple?
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Damn.
Oh well. It will be cheaper that way. Smiley
Takahashi Meijin
I'll be on in my own room, even 109 a night isn't bad.
Quote from doicm:
I am taking my wife with me. Are options available for a room only for us, or would it be a case where we'd share with another couple?

^ This. I'll also have my son with me, and I'm sure no one wants to try to sleep with a one year old in the room. Also, I'm assuming the schedule will be done prior to reservation deadline? I will only be there for a few days, 1 for my run obviously and a couple to hang out. Will that be an issue for getting a room?
Quote from Saint Connor:
Quote from doicm:

^ This. I'll also have my son with me, and I'm sure no one wants to try to sleep with a one year old in the room. Also, I'm assuming the schedule will be done prior to reservation deadline? I will only be there for a few days, 1 for my run obviously and a couple to hang out. Will that be an issue for getting a room?

You're reserving the room. You can have as few, or as many (up to a maximum of 5) people in it as you want.
that Metroidvania guy
I will have an answer back early next week about other room options besides the quads. I sent an email on Friday about it.

Saint Connor: I am aiming to have the schedule done by next weekend. We agreed to have a large portion of rooms blocked off for us during the event, so there will be no issue getting a room for just a few days during it.
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Oooh nice. Rom is on top of things. ^_^
Quote from romscout:
I will have an answer back early next week about other room options besides the quads. I sent an email on Friday about it.

Saint Connor: I am aiming to have the schedule done by next weekend. We agreed to have a large portion of rooms blocked off for us during the event, so there will be no issue getting a room for just a few days during it.

I figured as much but just wanted to be sure. Thanks sir!
Quote:
- Because you will have to put personal info/addresses/etc. for everyone in the room, it might be easier in many cases to have the room under a single person's name. The standard quad room will still be available if you choose 1 guest.

If I buy a room with 4 guests but only put down 1 guest just to fill my own personal info out, would they all still be able to stay with me?
that Metroidvania guy
firedragon: yep! that's the purpose of the suggestion
Perfect, thanks romscout! Smiley
Jumping Turtle
Quote from romscout:
- The breakfast buffet page can be skipped by clicking "NEXT". This is a standard option they have to include for reservations, but we will be providing breakfast vouchers to attendees, so you won't need to worry about it.

Cool, that should save like 8 seconds on the reservation alone! Are there any useful out of bounds tricks discovered yet?
Quote from JaggerG:
Cool, that should save like 8 seconds on the reservation alone! Are there any useful out of bounds tricks discovered yet?

As mentioned in the other posts, you only need to fill out one name for the reservation.

Save the frames.
that Metroidvania guy
Ok, I heard back about the alternative rooms. They have rooms with a single king size bed (as opposed to two doubles) but apparently didn't add that option to the page. They will be looking to correct this soon. This room will be the same price as the quads.
I'm fine with the price staying the same. It's a king size bed! Thanks for looking into that.
<(^_^)>
Quote from doicm:
I'm fine with the price staying the same. It's a king size bed! Thanks for looking into that.

For some reason, I imagine you saying "It's a king size bed!" with a super excited tone because of your avatar
Hey guys, Looking for a bit of advice,

Anyone know If I reserve say 22 - 29 7 days,
Does the hotel have a no alteration/cancellation policy

Say I want to reserve for 7 days, but later decide to cut it to 4 nights, I don't know what there policys are

Also my second question, Do commentators count as "atendees" for the breakfast thing
Attendees are anyone who attends the event. Even if you are just going to watch runs you are an attendee of the event so that should apply to everyone yes.
Edit history:
doicm: 2014-04-13 02:58:14 pm
Derp. Guess I should've reserved earlier. Either all of the options for two guest rooms are sold out, or I'm having a tough time with the search option. I'll be looking for nearby hotel options then, or if someone else can confirm something that I'm missing, that'd be appreciated.

EDIT: My guess is that they haven't corrected this on the site yet.
This happened a lot at AGDQ. I'm guessing they set aside X rooms for us, but Rom has to keep asking them to add more as we rent them all out. I'd wait for a confirmation from Rom/The Hotel that they're out for good before making alternative plans (Though I wouldn't wait too long of course)
that Metroidvania guy
It's probably an error on their end, and I'll go over this with them tomorrow. They definitely aren't even close to selling out, and if they do legitimately sell out at some point, they said that they will get cheaper rates at neighboring hotels for us. I don't forsee that being an issue, though.
Any updates? I know it's busy with the schedule having just been released.