Sad
<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Don't know what to speedrun :(
Is that image from Hyperbole and a Half?
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Quote from mikwuyma:
NOTE: The times listed are in EST! On site we will be on MST, which is 2 hours earlier/ahead of EST.

EDT, MDT.  Yeah, I had to be that guy Wink
Hey Mike. It might not hurt to add 10 minutes to my Gears Estimate if there's time in the schedule. If it's a hassle or there isn't room don't worry about it but it seems that 2 hours is a pretty decent SS time and unless I get a lot more consistent going over that by as much as 10 minutes might happen.

I should be able to save at least that much time on my Muramasa estimate so I think overall I'm good so long as Marathon Luck doesn't beat me too hard but I'd like to not be worried about my run being Mercy Killed if I can avoid it Smiley
My feelings on The Demon Rush
-Metal Gear NES switched to Saturday before Mega Man 1

-Ten minutes added to Gears of War estimate.
Die Hard 2013.
I'm withdrawing Die Hard from being run.  I cannot currently beat it consistently enough to warrant running it.  I think someone else will better benefit from those 10 minutes.  I'm really sorry, as I know how much everyone was looking forward to it. xD
SGL Scrublord
Its looking like the low end of possibility in Castlevania 2 is 46 minutes and change for perfection, so likely mid 47 with marathon luck. Feasel wisely suggested raising the estimate to 55 to accomodate setup and the ending.
Quote from kirkq:
I'm withdrawing Die Hard from being run.  I cannot currently beat it consistently enough to warrant running it.  I think someone else will better benefit from those 10 minutes.  I'm really sorry, as I know how much everyone was looking forward to it. xD

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
Insane Killer Robot
So I mentioned this in the practice thread, but I think Aquaria's estimate can be lowered to 2 hours now, I did a practice run at about 1:45 and I figure the extra 15 minutes could cover setup, possible bad/marathon luck, and maybe the possibility of playing cutscenes for donation incentives.  Maybe 2:10:00 actually.  But that's up to Mike.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2012-04-17 02:25:27 pm
Reaif unfortunately can't run alttp anymore, but for a good reason, he got a promotion at his job. I switched Minish Cap to where alttp was to adjust for the schedule. Raen, I'll let you play the game as long as if you give regular updates in the practice thread.

Oh yeah, I removed Die Hard from the schedule, sorry neskamikaze.
I have to be taken entirely off the schedule. Due to health and monetary issues I'm being shipped back home to Missouri; in other words, I won't be around in Utah for the marathon anymore, as I can't afford the flight.

I feel like a jerk pulling out this late, but I'm not really being given a choice at this point :\
Professional Second Banana
Cry  Hope you get well soon and can make it to SGDQ next year!
Everything's better with Magitek
Aww, we'll miss you Raen! Get well soon!
Edit history:
feasel: 2012-04-19 09:04:35 am
feasel: 2012-04-19 09:03:00 am
difficult and stupidly random
So i noticed that the Rygar race got moved forward by several hours.  I am concerned about this, since i'm running Zelda 2 the night before and I will definitely not be able to just pass out as soon as it's over, which is what would need to happen for early-morning-Rygar to work out.  (And given that Darkwing is going to lose time commuting, i'm assuming he'll be in somewhat the same situation after his Zelda1 run, even if he decides not to stick around and commentate on Zelda2)

As a possible alternative, can i suggest simply doing the Rygar race right after the Zelda 1 / Zelda 2 block?  DW and I will already be there and at least one of the NESes will already be set up.  In all likelihood, both Z1 and Z2 are going to come in well under their estimates -- between those two I expect we'll end up saving at least 20 minutes (which is almost the length of a Rygar run anyway) so, in practice, the games that follow Z2 would probably end up happening at the time they're currently scheduled for anyway.

Just a suggestion.  I'm open to other alternatives as well, so just let me know.  Thanks in advance for considering it.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2012-04-19 09:11:27 am
Yeah Feasel, I'm aware that cutting alttp and Minish Cap really screwed up the Monday schedule. Even if I do find a way to fix the schedule otherwise, I like the idea of Rygar right after Z1 and Z2 since it's almost like a Zelda runner faceoff.

Raen: I'm sorry to hear about that, hopefully you can come to a future marathon.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from feasel:
...As a possible alternative, can i suggest simply doing the Rygar race right after the Zelda 1 / Zelda 2 block?...

Epic idea is epic. Please let this happen Mike!
Quote from mikwuyma:
Reaif unfortunately can't run alttp anymore

Is the glitch run still happening?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Kubelwagon:
Quote from mikwuyma:
Reaif unfortunately can't run alttp anymore

Is the glitch run still happening?

I could still do the non-Up/Down glitch run if it's still wanted.  It's about the only Zelda run I could do. Tongue
Kubelwagon: We could still do the glitch run. I'm guessing the estimate should be 10 or 15 minutes?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from mikwuyma:
Kubelwagon: We could still do the glitch run. I'm guessing the estimate should be 10 or 15 minutes?

10 is enough, but since the glitched ending/credits is funny to see, 15 would be better.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Sorry to cross-post (I mentioned this in another topic), but I figured that I should post about it in the proper topic as well.  Mike, could you move 20 minutes from Part 2 of FF8 to Part 1 (so 6:20 for Part 1, 5:40 for Part 2)?
Formerly known as Skullboy
Sorry to do this but I'm going to have to drop out for this marathon. My summer work plans haven't materialized as hoped and if they do happen I may not know for a couple of weeks. Holding off from payment and travel plans on everyone would be unfair. I apologize to everyone whose schedule I've screwed up and I will try my best to make it to AGDQ '13. As for the prizes I said I would provide, I will mail those out once the last one arrives at my house. Best of luck to everyone running and attending.
Not a walrus
Sorry to hear that. Hope you're able to get things figured out soon, and we'll see you at AGDQ.
Sorry to hear about that, Skullboy, hopefully you can come to a future marathon.

Schedule changes:

-Final Fantasy VIII parts 1 and 2 are adjusted to Poxnor's estimates
-Skullboy's games dropped from the schedule.
-Typing of the Dead added to Friday night (someone tell PEACHES_ because I know he doesn't check the forums often)

I know UA's brother wanted to run Cool Spot, so I'll probably add that in the near future. If anyone has a last-minute game to add, speak up now.
I'm just trying to impress you.
Quote from mikwuyma:
-Typing of the Dead added to Friday night (someone tell PEACHES_ because I know he doesn't check the forums often)

Yay!!! Grin
Edit history:
Youkai: 2012-04-30 02:03:30 pm
If you need to fill time I could do a co-op Gears of War run with someone. Brassmaster can't be there so I would need someone at the marathon to volunteer. The time estimate would be about 1:50 for that.