Sad
<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Pudding%
So...I did some Metroid Fusion tonight, and the trolling was especially heavy from the 3 usual sources. Run clocked in at 2:14.

Mike, you think you could add 15 minutes to the Fusion estimate? Those 3 bosses can easily screw me over (and sometimes there's nothing I can do about it).
I like that SGDQ is a bit longer this year, I missed most of it because Memorial Day weekend is a severely busy work weekend for me.
Edit history:
Chrno: 2012-05-10 08:48:28 am
WOW.
Not really related to the schedule as such, but eLive have caught wind of the marathon:

http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/EjDVKPBGhrwo

We could get a translation.
Edit history:
Strongfox: 2012-05-10 08:52:13 pm
Strongfox: 2012-05-10 08:49:27 pm
Strongfox: 2012-05-10 08:49:26 pm
Strongfox: 2012-05-10 08:49:26 pm
Quote from Chrno:
Not really related to the schedule as such, but eLive have caught wind of the marathon:

http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/EjDVKPBGhrwo

We could get a translation.

The marathon 'Summer Games Done Quick "is a gathering of experts organized by the players SpeedDemosArchive which will engage in a marathon game speed runs on five days to raise funds for a research organization, the occurance in the Organization for autism Research. This event is a very pleasant and fun to follow!

This cast will announce the process for the comment and how to participate.

Useful links:

http://xavierdang.com/sgdq2012/
http://speeddemosarchive.com/marathon/
http://speeddemosarchive.com/marathon/schedule/
http://www.researchautism.org/

EDIT: Please thank google translator.

EDIT2: From http://xavierdang.com/sgdq2012/

Comment on FR stream of eLive.pro
organization: mistermv, Mynthos

The marathon 'Summer Games Done Quick "is a gathering of experts organized by the players SpeedDemosArchive which will engage in a marathon game speed runs on five days to raise funds for a research organization, the occurance in the Organization for Autism Research. This event is a very pleasant and fun to follow!

Schedules are French time, for updates / U.S. hours, thank you to consult the U.S. program.

2-3 max per game commentators, comfortable with a microphone, a true knowledge of the game, and an understanding of a speed run and possible techniques to be used.

No need to tell us that your brother had the sixth shit on the cartridge and it reminds you of the dungeon of the earth, or complain that the game is over to piss because of a sloppy art direction following the bad decisions of staff editor in place at the time. Micro except on very long runs of RPG and if unfortunately there is really nobody who knows a game

To register as a commentator:

Send a PM to mistermv and Mynthos on eLive,

Be sure to be available 45 minutes before / after the games you want (the program always varies in real time)
The list of games you want to comment, in order of skill and desire.
Given the desire to limit the commentators at 2-3 in sets, it is likely that you are not present at all final.
Although a box game looks full, send your application in case of breakage or redistribution / changes.
You will receive an MP and an invitation to the cast later
On Monday, May 28th is a holiday, if it can free you of some games.
If you think it's disgusting and Hitler, rot the wall of eLive mistermv.

Already more than 15 in wanting to Final Fantasy VIII, and it annoys me. Let's see if it is cut more than it is. Thank you. (This applies to other games, nothing is on, and MP arrived at infinity)
difficult and stupidly random
Quote from Strongfox:
No need to tell us that your brother had the sixth shit on the cartridge and it reminds you of the dungeon of the earth, or complain that the game is over to piss because of a sloppy art direction following the bad decisions of staff editor in place at the time.

I lol'ed
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Well, piss. I just found out that I can actually make to the end of the marathon, getting into Salt Lake the morning of the 28th, and leaving on the morning of the 30th. I'd still love to go and I'm working out tickets now, since bonus streaming/seeing everyone would be cool. I know this is toats late, but would it be ok to advertise/have donation incentives for Rayman Origins Bonus Streaming? The Game would be fun to watch, I've been playing the ass out of it, and I have some ideas for donation incentives. Obviously I can't make it into the actual schedule, so I'm fine with bonus streaming either after credits on the 28th, or on the 29th, but I just wanted to check if it could be advertised. Thanks, and here's hoping plane tickets don't cost too much.
Gimme some sugar Shaggy!
How long does it take you? If its about 30-45 minutes, You could fit it in after Katamari because my estimate is way more than I need for Drive mode
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Nah, the game takes like 2:12-2:20 to beat. There is some really fun bonus levels I could do which would take around 25-30 minutes, which I would still be willing to do. I'll just save the main game for bonus streaming.
Everything's better with Magitek
Right now the marathon is schedule to end at about 6:00 Utah time, but I wouldn't mind extending it a couple more hours so you could do Rayman Origins. Of course Mike has the final say, but I'm sure everyone would love to see you participate in the marathon again. Smiley
Fucking Weeaboo
You can only do it if you speak the lines in French again. Tongue
The Speedrunning Teacher
Hey Mike, you forgot to write on the schedule that the Earthworm Jim games are a bidding war between the two.
Professional Second Banana
Quote from Zyre:
Hey Mike, you forgot to write on the schedule that the Earthworm Jim games are a bidding war between the two.

I've updated the Google Docs schedule - should propagate to the public schedule page soon.
No pain, no gain
Quote from Essentia:
Right now the marathon is schedule to end at about 6:00 Utah time, but I wouldn't mind extending it a couple more hours so you could do Rayman Origins. Of course Mike has the final say, but I'm sure everyone would love to see you participate in the marathon again. Smiley

Quote from Sir VG:
You can only do it if you speak the lines in French again. Tongue

These are two things I -greatly- agree with. We'll see what Mikes says. If not, we can always do the game as a bonus stream after the forever-long credits; I'd be happy to sit with you and slaughter some more languages Smiley
My feelings on The Demon Rush
What time are you coming in Spike? I could possibly fit you in right before FFVI as a donation incentive if you'll be there on time.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
My plane lands at 10:40AM Salt Lake time. Rayman Origins is a 2:15:00 Estimate time, or if that's too much, I could do the bonus levels taking between 20-30 minutes, which would still be cool.

I totally understand if this is too late for everything. I really have no problem with just seeing everyone, going to eat, and playing Rayman and other stuff in bonus streaming.
I can commentate for Portal (and sm64, but I'm not sure the game needs any more explaining than the runner could do on his own). Z1m wants to get me up to speed so I can commentate for Alice, so I'll let you know if and when that happens.
I have a request. In the comments section for Hitman Blood Money, can you also clarify that it will be No Guns? I just don't want any confusion when the time comes.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
I've been playing the NES Zeldas quite a bit lately, 'cause, hey, NES Zeldas.  If Dragondarch is up for it, I'd like to join him on the commentary couch for those two games.
Highly Evolved
Well, since we're doing Rygar as sort of a challenge between the Zelda runners, I think it makes sense for Feasel and me to be on the couch for the other's run, culminating in the showdown.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Oh, okay!  Never mind then Smiley
Highly Evolved
Quote from Poxnor:

No.  I'm sure there will be plenty of room around the couch for you. 
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Darkwing Duck:
Quote from Poxnor:

No.  I'm sure there will be plenty of room around the couch for you. 

If there isn't, he'll just buy out your spot.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Kubelwagon, I updated the schedule to include No guns.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but it seems unlikely that I can fit Rayman Origins on the schedule, since it seems like Spikevegeta is coming right as FFVI starts. Maybe we could have people donate for spike to play a game as a finale, but it would be really weird to end on Rayman Origins.
Highly Evolved
Quote from mikwuyma:
Kubelwagon, I updated the schedule to include No guns.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but it seems unlikely that I can fit Rayman Origins on the schedule, since it seems like Spikevegeta is coming right as FFVI starts. Maybe we could have people donate for spike to play a game as a finale, but it would be really weird to end on Rayman Origins.

Well, the finale kept getting moved up as games were being dropped for various reasons.  I'm sure if we have updates on spikevegeta's plane and all that, we can keep a drive open to "stall" the marathon with various short games and such until he gets there.  Especially if it's only 30 or so minutes into FFVI.  I think it would be a worthwhile venture and still get FFVI as the finale.  (Flicky would disapprove of my many uses of "finale.")
Fucking Weeaboo
I'm fine with stalling.  The marathon lost some time anyways due to a few games being cut since some people weren't able to make it.  Let's all do a 30 minute jig!  YEAH.  BEST IDEA EVER!