Sad
page  <- 123456789101112 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
SEGA Junkie
Week 3's over and Week 4 is open for business!

The overall scoreboard will be coming up soon.
There's a word for that
Yeah I didn't play this week. The way the game scored I was either going to find the time to have a crack at it or do nothing rather than submit something mediocre. Will try to play Week 4 Sad
I <3 you very much for choosing this game, Mike89. It's freaking long when played for score though. The funny thing is, those little infantry guys sort of become high priority targets because you get 1,000 points for them and they never show up on your radar. Tongue

But anyway, since I just recently got screwed by this, I want to give super helpful hint to people:
The freaking igloo at the landing zone in Campaign 6 doubles as enemy radar. I'm completely serious. Drop everything you have on it at the start or die horribly.

Part of what makes me so mad about that is that I know I'm better at the game than this, because I used to play it so much. BAH, I'll get you next time magic igloo! Angry

Anyway, score for now: Molotov - 6.3 - 6,844,635
SEGA Junkie
Well, I didn't necessarily intend for the game to be played for score, I just wanted it not to be time-focused, and also didn't want a ton of ties. Of course you have to pay some respect to time (fuel limitations) but the game is hard enough that I don't really want people throwing their lives away stupidly in the search for a few extra seconds.

By the way guys, don't get discouraged just cause Molotov's put up a monster score first up, he's quite familiar with the game and I fully expected him to win this week when I picked it. Once again, the S for surprise factor comes into play: surprise me and beat him!
New score: Molotov - ALL - 13,877,635

Quote from mike89:
Well, I didn't necessarily intend for the game to be played for score, I just wanted it not to be time-focused, and also didn't want a ton of ties. Of course you have to pay some respect to time (fuel limitations) but the game is hard enough that I don't really want people throwing their lives away stupidly in the search for a few extra seconds.

I know the objective is survival, but when you've played it a bazillion times you have to aim for something else too! Like destroying a submarine with just the gun and a lot of jinking. That's really fun, actually. Tongue

Speaking of the game being hard, good gravy biscuits campaigns 6 and 8. I knew they were mean, but 8 is just downright cruel. Sure, it throws Armor Repairs and ammo at you all the freaking time, but have fun finding a lot of fuel. On the bright side, I managed to find where the extra life is! (Still no sign of the Quick Ladder though...)

Also, I love how campaign 7 actually becomes reasonable if you land the F-117A after mission 4. As a kid, I was always too stupid to do that and did things the super hard way. Fun times dodging those freaking oil containers! For those who don't know, crashing into anything in that sucker is instant death...and it never stops moving forward.
SEGA Junkie
Alright, here's a not so awesome score:

mike89 - 4.2 - 2498260

Night Strike always gives me trouble, the danger zones are just brutal in this one. Not to mention those freaking choppers that deal 150 damage a hit...

Is it really worth me updating the scoreboard? I think not.
It's a BIG HEAD!
Not my type of game. I'll pick it up tomorrow and play it Thursday.
Waiting hurts my soul...
I thought I had this game at first, but turns out I have desert strike instead. I'll get to this game eventually. I hope to post another mediocre score and have the highest point value for the tournament!
Silver Hawk!
Is strafing available in the Genesis version?  I played the SNES version years ago and recall that strafing the enemies made some areas a bit more manageable.
Quote from sunburstbasser:
Is strafing available in the Genesis version?  I played the SNES version years ago and recall that strafing the enemies made some areas a bit more manageable.

You need to hold A to do it in the Genesis version.
Silver Hawk!
Thanks!
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2010-05-12 10:03:38 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
ZenicReverie - 2.5 - 1,065,500
I fucking love Jungle Strike, even though strafing and shooting causes my hand to cramp up. Getting in on this.

tomatobob - 6.5 - 5,895,010

Hate level 6. The tanks hit really hard, fire fast and seem to be in Danger Zone's 90% of the time just make things worse. It also feels like you have just barely enough fuel and ammo pickups around to finish the level but that might just be a product of the previous level being incredibly generous and me being bad.

Quote from mike89:
Night Strike always gives me trouble, the danger zones are just brutal in this one. Not to mention those freaking choppers that deal 150 damage a hit...

I really expected that level to be the end of me, it can get real nasty. Trying to remember pick up locations in that mess is not nice.
Edit history:
mike89: 2010-05-13 03:15:48 am
SEGA Junkie
Yeah, I've only ever beaten Night Strike once, and after that Puloso is a joke. I've still yet to ever beat level 6 though.

Zenic: 2.5? How do you manage to take out the subs and then die anyway? Sad

Might as well make a scoreboard now.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from mike89:
Yeah, I've only ever beaten Night Strike once, and after that Puloso is a joke. I've still yet to ever beat level 6 though.

Zenic: 2.5? How do you manage to take out the subs and then die anyway? Sad

Might as well make a scoreboard now.

uhmmm... strangely I double killed on the last one. I laid some mines down and then rammed the sub killing myself. The sub then starts to move again and runs into a mine, blowing up. Cheesy
Formerly known as Skullboy
Skullboy - 1.1 - 24500
Playing on actual console. When I saw this was this weeks game, I was both happy and sad. Happy that the Strike series is getting noticed, sad that it's not the one that I'm decent at (Desert Strike). I'll try to improve this week, but this is one of those games that doesn't seem to like me.
Molotov - ALL - 15,353,635 Seriously, I'm done now. Burnout is kicking in.

BWA HA HA! Playing around and learning some new point givers really helped. As an added bonus, I had no clue that there were two castaways (top left of the map) in campaign 2. Saving both of them gives you 400,000 points! They don't even count as load either, which is really bizarre.

Quote from tomatobob:
I really expected that level to be the end of me, it can get real nasty. Trying to remember pick up locations in that mess is not nice.

You guys don't do mission 7 first? Makes everything so much easier when you know where stuff is. Smiley
destroy them with lazers
got 17,000 i think. cant get into this game and i havent got the patience to keep at it. looking forward to next weeks game though.
It's a BIG HEAD!
Baron Dante - ALL - 10,482,425

I hate this type of games. -.- (YEAH right)
SEGA Junkie
From IRC: X - 1.3 - ~17000

Updating now.
Exoray
moooh - 2.4 - 955000

The game was actually decent up until it decided that autoaiming my missiles at immovable zero-threat objects was more important than aiming them at the closer enemy vechiles currently busy firing missiles at you.
difficult and stupidly random
feasel - 6.4 - 5,719,210
Just a friendly reminder that since there's been very few players this round, even a poor score will improve your standing significantly!
Everybody DANCE!
You want a poor score?  I'll GIVE you a poor score!

holydiver42 - 1.1 - 5000

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing.  Last place is MINE!
Diluted - 4.6 - 3765975

Blast the factory doors open and got shot down just after. Ffff :/