rejectedlink: 2013-10-26 09:10:29 pm
rejectedlink: 2013-10-26 09:05:59 pm
rejectedlink: 2013-10-26 08:54:59 pm
rejectedlink: 2013-10-26 08:52:32 pm
rejectedlink: 2013-10-26 08:49:44 pm
rejectedlink: 2013-10-26 08:47:54 pm
Ratchet & Clank Speedruner
Background info

Hi I am Rejectedlink and I have been streaming on SRL for about a month. Just recently, something came up in my life and I want to find a way to help. My idea was to create a marathon to help a cause that I have learned about.

I have recently meet a young child that was diagnosed with child cancer when he was a baby, so I'm just trying to help these kids so they don't have to live knowing that their lives were taken away from them so early.

The whole reason for this marathon is to help raise awareness for child cancer. Below is a poster that I have found with some facts that I have found important that people should know about child cancer and why it is important to do this marathon. These are not all the facts that are important for people read there are many more for example, there 12 main cancers that affect children, but only 4 have a treatment.

Marathon Information

Since we’ve got everything sorted, here’s some basic information about the marathon.

- The charity we have decided to benefit from this marathon is Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
- The dates chosen are in the title. But in case you didn’t read that, they are the 14th-17th of February, 2014
- At the moment, the people assisting on this marathon are Myself. If you want to ask us anything, contact us on twitter, SDA or twitch. (Links are to twitter, but I’m sure you can all be resourceful!)

Game Sign-Ups

Game Sign-Ups are now open! To sign up, just click the link above!

Game Sign-Ups will close on the 23rd of December, 2013.

Some notes about the sign ups.

- You’re given the option of submitting up to three games. Please submit games in order of preference. If we need to cut some games, we’re going to cut your last preference first.
- However, this may be changed up if you say - submit a 10 hour game as your first preference and a 1 hour game for your second. We’ll probably contact you in these circumstances though.
- Our primary concern is trying our hardest to get everyone who signs up at least one game on the schedule. If you only submitted one game and it’s 10 hours...please don’t hold us to this promise, but we’ll try our damndest!
- A side note there is that if you submit three games and we want all of them on the schedule, even if you’re the best at all three - we’ll probably give some to other people, because we want to get people involved. This isn’t personal - that’s just trying to give everyone a go.
- Don’t worry too much if you can’t answer the question about dates with accuracy. We’ll worry about scheduling later! Wink
Thread title:  
ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
what game(s) do you play on SRL?
I mostly play SMS but I am recently playing more of MSSB and KEY.
Hey there!

First thing I would do is probably read this thread - if you haven't already of course! https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/general_marathon_tips.html

That's some general tips and related things that should help you get started with organisation. It's a big job you're undertaking, so all the best!

I would seriously consider organising this for mid-late February of next year - seeing as you likely won't have enough time before AGDQ to organise properly before then. That's just a suggestion, not a rule! Tongue

As a warning - if the marathon is to raise awareness, that's all great - but if you're looking for donations (as has been said before) the public purse - as it were - is getting thinner and emptier every marathon that occurs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't go ahead with it - but just be aware of the fact, is all I am saying.

Anyway, if you need / want anything else, feel free to give me a PM - if it's within my power to answer your questions I will try my hardest, or at least hopefully point you in the direction of others who would do better. As said earlier, all the best and good luck with it all!
Ok thanks for the support and I'll make sure to PM you if I do need your help.
No problem, also if you need any help with organisation down the track, I can make myself available to pitch in a little for sure. Cheesy
Ok well it would me nice if I do not have to do this all by myself.
I am also looking for someone with experience of running a marathon to help me set up and manage this marathon. If anyone is interested or knows anyone that could help with this please feel free to PM me. Any help is really appreciated. You can also help by spreading the word out about this.
I'll help maange the chat/voice overs as need be. I know things get hectic, and will gladly lend a hand. You can find me on skype and twitter with the same username.
I'll add you so we can talk some more about it.
Hey there all, just an update here.

Just opened up signups and all that good stuff, solidified the date, and hopefully that won't change.

Therefore, let the marathon of organisation commence...kinda Wink
Hey I'd love to help out with this. RL hit me up on Skype and let me know what I can do. :3
Get over here!
I submitted my games. Hit me up when the time comes by.
Terrible at games
Put games in. I'd be interested in helping you guys manage this, also.
Edit history:
Softman25: 2013-10-28 09:55:20 pm
Thanks goes out to everyone who's signed up!

Chiron - Just added on Skype. We've kinda got enough people to handle backend generally, but more can't hurt - at the very least for management in the marathon itself, we're pretty much always going to be looking for more people to take shifts manning donations etc etc. Cheesy

Also - I'll be contacting those who already signed up and didn't put in timezone...I kinda goofed and totally forgot that was relevant! Apologies to all.
Heya! So I am the other part of this that is helping the organization aspects. If you ever feel the need to contact me try me on here, @Chewytheshark on twitter, or Chewytheshark on skype!
Thanks to everyone who already signed up and hopfully there will be a lot more! If you can follow us on twitter and I have some tweets about this if you want you can retweet to spread the word. Thanks again to everyone who signed up and everyone who took the time to look at the thread. Hopfully this will be a big sucsess!
If your looking to help out you can retweet this https://twitter.com/rejectedlink/status/395005728009633793 this would really help out a lot to spread the word about this marathon and get more people to participate in it!
hey man i submitted my game and i was told  that i might not be able to run it. first of all thats the only game i put down. and that its also too long. i respect that you want everyone to to get what they want. but please accept this a opinion in a good way. i think it should be first come first serve. cuz i really want to run something the game i want to run is kh2. so please thanks for taking ur time to reading this
Quote from Chewytheshark:
hey man i submitted my game and i was told  that i might not be able to run it. first of all thats the only game i put down. and that its also too long. i respect that you want everyone to to get what they want. but please accept this a opinion in a good way. i think it should be first come first serve. cuz i really want to run something the game i want to run is kh2. so please thanks for taking ur time to reading this

First of you were not told no I just said that it might not be a definite yes. Second you where constantly annoying me on Skype about this and getting me to tell you yes before anyone else. Third you are not chewytheshark you are baseballman8800.

Lastly please stop annoying me about this and complaining you are the only one that has complained about this and what makes you think constantly annoying me is gonna make me give you what you want.
1st i thought putting chewys name that i was gonna message him privatey so sry about that.
2nd if its the only game i put down u should accept it
3rd im sure not alot of people signed up if u say there are i want proof
4th i just want to run a game.
i thought u would be more considerate cuz i have known u for a little while
Im sorry but just because you went to 1 or 2 of my streams and you wanted me to add you on Skype doesn't mean you know me personally and it doesn't mean you can have special privileges. 
ok but still i just want an answer can i run it or no
I have not even said now or yes to anyone because it clearly states that sign ups close on December 21st and they just opened on Monday. Also can you please stop annoying me about this i am not going to do anything special for you and i can not yet tell you if you can run a game or not. It is way to early to know and i think that you are the only person that is constantly insisting and annoying me for a answer.