Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote:
With far away from perfect you mean only run through but like i said this isnt possible and on expert this its getting more frustrating then on Novice.

Not exactly, although I think it is possible if you try hard enough. I was rather talking about the whole Sarcophagus execution, which is the only badly looking segment.

0:03 - Bump to the wall

0:10 - Another one

0:14 - You basically stand here for a second and do nothing

0:18 - Double inventory check

0:22 - Total miss

0:39 - Healing while standing

0:40 - No sprinting

...and so on and so on
Stalker!
Thats looks away better then last  Tongue and to the no sprinting part you can sprint with a gauss rifle

but dont life past life in the future

the end of the run looks at some points really crappy so i redo the the run since the secound visit of the Bar.

The Bar is final now with 8 sec and the army warehouse is now timed at  1:06
Quote:
He means that ewil is always talking a run isn't perfect and he could do it better...

Yes,you are right ZeRo!
....and i wish that Ewil could describe in future what isnt perfectly in other runs too,like here with comments at timepoints  Wink
greetz zero1
Quote:
Thats looks away better then last  Tongue and to the no sprinting part you can sprint with a gauss rifle

but dont life past life in the future

the end of the run looks at some points really crappy so i redo the the run since the secound visit of the Bar.

The Bar is final now with 8 sec and the army warehouse is now timed at  1:06

Hi cortez,
excuse my question but when i see the videos,i feel that you have problems with playing/recording because of performance trouble of your machine,is it so?
greetz zero1
Stalker!
Quote:
Hi cortez,
excuse my question but when i see the videos,i feel that you have problems with playing/recording because of performance trouble of your machine,is it so?
greetz zero1

more or less problems with the recording but Stalker got a fucking bad performance
I thought it's pretty obvious what was wrong...

Anyway, I personally don't have much problems with performance. I have cca 120+ fps with static lightning, 800x600 and low details thus I can capture at 60fps with some occasionaly lags thanks to low ram. Better settings aren't needed. I'm currently in state of testing the route, because I'd like to try couple things that cortez didn't, namely take a better armor and ignore the Merc one in Crodon. There's even an exoskeleton, which is the best bulletproof armor, along with +5% bulletproof artifact hidden in Pripyat. If I could get it quickly, I might be able to run through the Chernobyl interiors with some luck manipulation.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
It might be better to redo the last segment.

I mean its a very good achievement to go sub 20, but you don't want a poorer last segment to make a overall very clean run end on a bad note.

Try a few more attempts on the last segment, since fighting segments tend to require more attempts due to randomness and dieing anyway.
Quote:
I thought it's pretty obvious what was wrong...

Anyway, I personally don't have much problems with performance. I have cca 120+ fps with static lightning, 800x600 and low details thus I can capture at 60fps with some occasionaly lags thanks to low ram. Better settings aren't needed. I'm currently in state of testing the route, because I'd like to try couple things that cortez didn't, namely take a better armor and ignore the Merc one in Crodon. There's even an exoskeleton, which is the best bulletproof armor, along with +5% bulletproof artifact hidden in Pripyat. If I could get it quickly, I might be able to run through the Chernobyl interiors with some luck manipulation.

...its longer time ago that i played the game,but i think with an exoskeleton you cant fast running through because of the weight of the armor,so you lost much time! Wink
@cortez......have you installed the patch?the patch gives me a small boost of performance....
greetz zero1
Edit history:
Ewil: 2007-08-24 09:37:52 am
Nothing that I've tried worked. Armors aren't there, because you probably have to "trigger" the stash by killing some asshole, exoskeleton is far away from exit and there's no way to beat psi-emittions Sad Since I have other runs to do and this one would look almost same except the last part, I'll scratch it and leave it to cortez, but pls make the last segment look better.

cortez: use the Float32 mod, it gives some fps and doesn't change the game in any way.
Stalker!
Quote:
but pls make the last segment look better.

cortez: use the Float32 mod, it gives some fps and doesn't change the game in any way.

i'll try to make it better the end of the segment is easy maybe i can use the slow reaction of the enemies to run trough

to the segment outside the reactor try to hide behind the truck till the Stalker which are comming out of the reactor get killed maybe i get there 10-20 sec more but then i got about 3 or 4 medikits for the ending and this should be enough

to the Float32 mod can you say where do i have to put it . Last time i try it the whole game fucked up.  :-[
Stalker!
Float32 Mod runs and the game runs better

so what do you think which segments sucks because it got performance leaks or need to be improve?
To be honest, every segment has a small mistake, but it's ok. The biggest flaw is the Chernobyl interior. I recommend to use 2-3 segments, but it must look really as fast as possible. And by the way, you start this level near some stairs, but your video is from the hallway with gauss rifle guy. Be careful with contiunity stuff, verifiers might discard it.
Stalker!
Quote:
To be honest, every segment has a small mistake, but it's ok. The biggest flaw is the Chernobyl interior. I recommend to use 2-3 segments, but it must look really as fast as possible.

sure all segments got mistakes but the game physiks doesnt allow a perfect run so i'll try it as fast as possible

Prypjat 1:18
Stalker!
Finished it again in 16:51

the table:

Level Name            Now!!     
1-Crodon                2:41
2-Garbage              1:07
3-Bar                      0:52
4-Wild territory        0:56
5-Yantar                  1:35
6-Wild territory        1:20
7-Bar                      0:07 
8-Army Warehouse 1:05
9-Red Forest          1:37
10-Prypjat              1:18
11-Chernobly NPP  1:34
12-Sarcophagus      2:40
                          -------------
                              16:51
                          -------------

the video of the last level
http://files.filefront.com/Sarcophagus+240MP4/;8452223;/fileinfo.html

Now i started to make a whole video with all segments.
Speed is everything!
Great! I'll watch the final movie when  it's finished.
Hope it ends up on the site soon, and the final version is a pretty good improvement compared to your original run Smiley Great work
Stalker!
http://files.filefront.com/Stalker+novice+speedrun+i1MP4/;8456719;/fileinfo.html
`
all segments in one file
Speed is everything!
Downloading now... Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Ive been offline for months and am interested in this....

However, i feel a true ending constitutes a true speed run for this game, in the older thread.

Still funny how 6 years of programming can be completed in 16 mins
Well if you see credits, it's game over. Those 2 good endings are just as a bonus imho.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:
Well if you see credits, it's game over. Those 2 good endings are just as a bonus imho.

We could debate this for eternity Cheesy
Mum's the word.
Ooh, a STALKER run. Can't wait to see it go up on SDA.
Notice: Uploaded your whole vid to gametrailers! (+ for those who don't like to dload and watch, but stream watch)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/106536.html Wink
Windborne speed.
Good running there, cortez  Wink
Stalker!
i didnt found a way to improve the run so now im thinking about a submission.