Sad
<- 1  -   of 21 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Konjux:
as I see it, perfectly executing this saves roughly 20 seconds, so, you just have to take it slowly and not die, and then you still end up saving 10 seconds more or less.

or we could do this #yolo
Truljin @ Twitch
not yolo enough, needs more yolo, yolo/10
Edit history:
MrTau: 2016-02-13 03:06:12 pm
MrTau: 2016-02-13 03:04:48 pm
yeah right i should never have aimed for the second jump shamefull display, but its actually not a bad setup try it out just turn the camera around also jump off in an angle like i do in the video thats all and you will land there rady to instandly jump
Newbie Speedrunner - hitbox streamer
see, that's what I'm talking about! although, not enough yolo, but that can always be improved.
Truljin @ Twitch
Submitted this game and category to ESA 2016 using my commented video, now we wait.
Edit history:
Aphox: 2016-02-14 04:34:02 am
Also know as L0rdy
Btw, if we want to limit fps to a certain amount, we should decide on it soon. From what I have seen different FPS you have to relearn a lot of clips because they work slightly different on differen FPS.
So getting good now at a certain clip method and later have to relearn all of them would be pretty annoying.

I would say either 60, 80 or 100 sound like decent values to limit to.
Truljin @ Twitch
We should probably vote but it sounds like 100 is the way to go.
I'm for 100 as well.
Yeah 100, that'd make some skips more consistent.

Also can you give a link to that run, Truljin? just curious.
Truljin @ Twitch
Here you go.
So, is the game very likely to crash after doing intro OOB? It worked a few times, but I've crashed more often than not lol. Any way around it?
Also know as L0rdy
Ok lets all agree on 100 fps then, makes sense.

@troblana, no I dont ever had that happen.
Hm, weird.
Truljin @ Twitch
It crashes when I do the intro oob so unless there is a different route for it then it won't work for me.
Does your run still count if you crash?
Why 100 fps ? It seems kind of low and random.
I understand that having 150+ fps in Geothermal Valley requires awesome hardware, but it's not the case in some other areas. And what if we find a 130+ fps skip in one of them ?

Some skips in TR2013 needed more than 150fps (Whiteman skip for instance). But if you were aiming at the ground it wasn't hard to achieve. And if some skip doesn't work at high fps you can always turn on Vsync mid-run just as in the Gondola Skip.

So if you really want rules regarding FPS (which is not a bad idea) then, in my opinion, it would be better to take a look at it case-by-case. Especially when new GPUs are coming in a few months, and so more and more people will be able to play at high fps.

In the end, I don't even run the game (at least for now) so I'm not really affected. Just my thoughts on topic.
Truljin @ Twitch
I picked 100 since that was one of the options but I have no problems with going higher.
Also know as L0rdy
Imo we should pick a fps limit that a lot of people can hit. Thats why I suggested these numbers.
When I said
Quote:
For the fps cap... if it's on high demand sure but it also has a lot of negative side effects that might be worth thinking about.
How would we determine the cap though?

I expected that it will lead to some critical thinking before someone just throws out random numbers. Yea we could have agreed to run tomb raider 2013 on 60 Fps because "a lot" of people can achieve that. Pretty much the only reason people were interested in the run however is because we didn't lock it at 60 Fps. So I expect some freaking testing on skips and how they behave before you just throw out numbers really...
Also know as L0rdy
Hmm, I'd rather agree on a number right now, then we will see if its not a good choice after we all played with it for a certain time and we can change it.
However if we dont start at all and just say yeah we should limit fps then we will be at the same spot in a few months that we are now.
Thats why I threw numbers around to start the conversation.
I'd rather test the game at 100 Fps before we agree on that number. Then we will see if its a good choice, after we all tested it for a certain time. However if we don't test it before we agree on it was a bad choice then we will be at the same spot in a few months that we are now. Thats why throwing number around is just silly.
Also know as L0rdy
I dont think that is the case at all, we would rather fast see if 100fps works or not, while if we are just talking about numbers and nobody is actually testing any fps, then we would actually be nowhere in a few months.
I'm willing to test 100 fps...

EDIT: While we're at it... why don't we test 90 fps first.. I mean if the run works on 90 we can just triple buffer?

EDIT2: Well triple buffer isn't locking 90FPS anymore... so I guess 100 it is
Edit history:
MrTau: 2016-02-14 10:22:51 am
i would be ok with locking the frame rate if it does not hurt the run too much as ballistic and moXxi both said. Also keep in mind it could be part of the category there could be locked fps and unlocked fps even tho it might harm the community splitting it in 2 category's.

Also since we are discussing rules but i would suggest to allow a pause if the intro ooB crash occurs, we don't know what causes it yet but it would make it less frustrating getting a perfect intro ooB time just to crash...
Alright so I tested all the skips on 100 Fps using dxtory to cap the framerate. (I didn't do the final climb shortcut and the research base follow up skip that gets you directly to terrible flight, I highly doubt those are fps dependant though)

Conclusion: All skips work out. But there are some changes. The abandoned mine skip is a lot lot harder going up the pillar after the fight. However the method aphox found is working perfectly fine at 100fps.
For reversed archives the scramble method leemy found is impossible at 100 fps. The tree method still works fine. Also the backup method for research base skip doesn't work (or is just a lot harder to get at 100 fps... however i felt that the clip the way Eydas found it is a lot easier at 100 fps than at high frame rates.

So the verdict: Totally runable at 100 fps.