List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Pushover (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Alright so I finished the run off. There's an audio glitch near the end (can't recall the exact timestamp) but the video plays just fine through it so I don't think it's a problem.

Didn't spot any egregious mistakes and the strategies seemed sound enough.

I asked IsraeliRD and he said he'd probably want to time this with the in-game timer which means that some of the mistakes are a bit more costly, but nothing worth rejecting over, considering the length of the run.

Accept.

Quote:
Audio: There's a slight buzzing in the background throughout.  Not too bothered about this as for me it's only really noticeable when there are no other sounds going on and tbh I only heard it in normal gameplay when I was trying to listen for it.

Video: No issues here

Cheating: None detected.

Comments: I'd only played this on Amiga and wasn't until I verified this that I learned the SNES version is the ONLY version of the game that doesn't involve rescuing packs of Quavers and delivering them to the then mascot, Colin Curly.  The Amiga version even features a delightful FMV detailing how Colin got to be in the harrowing situation of losing his crisps down an anthill (FYI: he ate a Quaver and he went crazy like a cartoon dog does and dropped the crisps while floating and twisting).  This is perfectly logical as a concept (and even spawns a sequel where Colin gets sucked into his computer while playing Pushover and has to save his crisps himself) Instead, here G.I. Ant must rescue cash for a Rat General by PUSHing some dominos OVER.  Which doesn't even make sense.  But I digress.

Despite the lack of twisty cheesy potato-based snacks, this is a fantastic run.  Even with solutions, notes, etc, the runner must go through 100 levels, some of which look eerily similar to each other, in single-segment. Also, the 100th level doesn't have any markings on the dominoes, so you have to REMEMBER which piece does what and put them in the right order (which in itself takes a minute). There are also no breaks, since the cutscenes where you actually rescue the cash/quavers are skippable.  As the runner notes, there are a few errors/inefficiencies but these cost a couple of seconds at most and certainly not worth rejecting for considering how tight some of his routes are (e.g. picking up a domino literally frames before it is crushed and ends a run). Also following up from what Verifier 1 said, I agree that adding up level times makes most sense for the run.

Brilliant? Yes. Beatable? Also Yes, but barely.  Accepted?  Hells Yeah, great job!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Pierre 'KartSeven' L'Hoëst!
Thread title: