Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I love speedrunning and revealing bugs
I am uploading all files to filefront right now. Check it  8)
http://hosted.filefront.com/kwoky/1887815
If it aint broke don't fix it.
I'd like to check it...... but it seems to me that the dl's for part 1 HQ and 4 HQ are broken. Some one having the same problem?
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:
I'd like to check it...... but it seems to me that the dl's for part 1 HQ and 4 HQ are broken. Some one having the same problem?

Yeah, the HQ version is borked, but it seems like a FileFront problem -- like they lost it or something Smiley
If it aint broke don't fix it.
Damn FileFront....... Angry
Just wait few hours/days and it should work then.

As for the speedrun, it's fast and probably the fastest way it can be done (the shortcut in mission 3 is funny), but the difficulty is way too low. They can barely hit you and it makes the run look a bit "lame". It reminds me some Hollywood movies. I can't guess how many times you've repeated every level to get these times, but I reckon it wasn't many at all or there's many luck involvement. It just feels like "godmode". Also, I noticed few image glitches in mission 7 and icq "knocking" in mission 5. And the Divx 6 sucks...

I'm sorry if I made you angry or sth, I'm just criticizing.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Really nice speedrun, but damn it makes this game look really bad, I mean the AI is simply terrible at aiming, you can down enemies at dozens of meters with a silenced weapon with no recoil, and you can simply run past them to avoid getting hit Smiley Funny how some speedruns really distill the game and expose its shallow core Smiley

For instance, I had a theory that in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy that it was possible to outrun most of the enemies. And it was proven true by some speedrun video whereby the player could simply run past enemies to the next objective Smiley
Edit history:
Kwoky: 2006-12-08 12:22:47 am
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, the HQ version is borked, but it seems like a FileFront problem -- like they lost it or something Smiley

Thanks for your support. I reported it to the filefront and will reupload these files if needed. If there are ANY problem with ANY file (missing frames, bad frames with artifacts) please write me a PM. I will repair it asap. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Just wait few hours/days and it should work then.

As for the speedrun, it's fast and probably the fastest way it can be done (the shortcut in mission 3 is funny), but the difficulty is way too low. They can barely hit you and it makes the run look a bit "lame". It reminds me some Hollywood movies. I can't guess how many times you've repeated every level to get these times, but I reckon it wasn't many at all or there's many luck involvement. It just feels like "godmode". Also, I noticed few image glitches in mission 7 and icq "knocking" in mission 5. And the Divx 6 sucks...

I'm sorry if I made you angry or sth, I'm just criticizing.

I hope it is the fastest way (I know it can be done a bit better)  Grin Difficulty is "Easy". Fact is, when I jump all the time (because of faster movement), enemies are unable to hit me ("godmode") Cheesy AI in this game is VERY VERY POOR. I think it is the worst thing in this game. It isn´t hard to learn all the moves enemies make and use them for advantage. Wait for my MEGA-comment as soon as this speedrun will be on SDA (I will write everything in it).
ICQ knocking Cheesy You noticed it? I decided to left it inside Smiley And I like Divx 6. What is wrong about it?
I apprieciate your comment. If you think something is bad, say it.

Quote:
Funny how some speedruns really distill the game and expose its shallow core Smiley

That´s true. To be honest...I don´t know any game with so many bugs in it. I want to make a short movie as a bonus to show some of them.  Cheesy

The rest of the files will be ready for your next week.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:
That´s true. To be honest...I don´t know any game with so many bugs in it. I want to make a short movie as a bonus to show some of them.  Cheesy

Hahahaha, thanks Kwoky for keeping up with this! Some members like to post-and-run Cheesy I guess they have more games to record Smiley
^ A bug called Stinks.
on Today at 10:37am, Kwoky wrote:

That´s true. To be honest...I don´t know any game with so many bugs in it. I want to make a short movie as a bonus to show some of them.  

You must see the Half-Life: Tricks and Glitches thread on this forum. Many great pics, and a trailer coming soon.  Grin

Basically, they try to find all the glitches in that game.

Also (Off-topic): What's that thing in your avatar? It looks like a bug. In fact he reminds me of a certain bug from a show about bugs.

EDIT: Look at my avatar pic. That's what you reminded me of.  Grin
Edit history:
Kwoky: 2006-12-08 01:00:04 am
In IGI there are a few of useful and dozens of useless bugs (or glitches). Thank God for that one in level 3 Smiley
I am VERY looking forward to the "Half-life 30 min run".
And that "thing"? Do you know this site? http://ugly.plzdiekthxbye.net/ I found this picture very similar to me Cheesy

Speedemon: You are my great fan now, right?  Grin
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:
In IGI there are a few of useful and dozens of useless bugs (or glitches). Thank God for that one in level 3 Smiley
I am VERY looking forward to the "Half-life 30 min run".
And that "thing"? Do you know this site? http://ugly.plzdiekthxbye.net/ I found this picture very similar to me Cheesy

Speedemon: You are my great fan now, right?  Grin

Yes, we have erected statues in your honor all over town! They look like your avatar Cheesy
Edit history:
watchOut: 2006-12-11 12:16:41 pm
Well, I am here. As you may know, I have been working on the IGI run with Kwoky. I have performed levels 7, 9 & 10 and advised Kwoky how to speed up the other levels. I was reading through the posts above and have to say maybe just one thing:
Ewil: the run was not as easy as you propably think. Each level had to be run many times again and again. I spend hours (per level!) trying to find bugs, finding the best route etc. But anyway, I agree now it really looks easy:)
Quote:
Well, I am here. As you may know, I have been working on the IGI run with Kwoky. I have performed levels 7, 9 & 10 and advised Kwoky how to speed up the others levels. I was reading through the posts above and have to say maybe just one thing:
Ewil: the run was not as easy as you propably think. Each level had to be run many times again and again. I spend hours (per level!) trying to find bugs, finding the best route etc. But anyway, I agree now it really looks easy:)

I already spoked to Kwoky about this and btw: I'm Czech too Smiley
HQ of levels 1 and 4 is now OK. Problem has been fixed. Thanks filefront Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:
HQ of levels 1 and 4 is now OK. Problem has been fixed. Thanks filefront Smiley

Very cool, thanks!
Edit history:
SCM: 2008-05-26 01:19:24 pm
I decided to do a speedrun for Project IGI for first, so 5 missions already done. I continue my running after i upload all my mafia parts, i have some problems with that...
So, now you can see 2 example missions - 1, 5.

Edit history:
Ewil: 2008-05-22 04:07:19 am
There already was a run done by Kwoky and watchOut, but the run got lost from verification for unknown reason. I have 8 levels on my hdd if you wanna see and maybe I'll be able to convince Kwoky to upload the rest if he still have them.

Oh and I can't download your runs since filefront sucks.

BTW: Are you gonna submit Mafia run ?
Edit history:
SCM: 2008-05-26 01:19:06 pm
youtube

OK, you're faster. They didn't walk on fences. Looks very good so far.
Never played this but your run makes it look fun, gonna check it out for sure. I'm guessing your ammo doesn't carry over from one mission to the next  Tongue
So, I talked to Kwoky and he's gonna upload whole HQ run.
Edit history:
tekknej: 2008-05-23 09:29:53 am
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
i would definately like to compare two runs )
Edit history:
Kwoky: 2008-05-25 12:29:30 pm
Hello guys Smiley I am quite sad, about myself. I haven´t upload our whole run since we finished it. I decided to upload it for SCM, so he should see, that we are quite good and it is waste of your time to try make it faster. Smiley Choose another game...

If you download something from us (thanks Ewil for hosting), leave here a comment. We will appreciate it very much.

Have fun watching Levels 9-14 in MQ :
http://www.tombrunner.net/Project_IGI/

-EDIT-
Some files are still here:
http://hosted.filefront.com/kwoky/1887815
Wink
Are you laughting at me? What i check at this time:
Mission 11: -3 seconds
Mission 12: -8 seconds
Choose another game? no, thanks, you can be assured that the next best time is come.
Edit history:
Kwoky: 2008-05-25 04:48:01 pm
I am glad, that this game is not dead. I hope we can discuss the run to make the times as good as possible.

SCM - Am I crazy or did you lose somewhere a lot of time in the end of level 5? By the time you are opening the "radar´s door" you are about 17 seconds faster than us (because of fencewalking) and you end the level with time of 3:57 which is exactly the same time we achieved. I think you (we) should improve it Smiley