Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
TIOLET!
I actually did that thing with recording a demo, then captured the demo recording with Fraps, and the run still got rejected. So talk with Radix before you go on with your record breaking  Wink
Edit history:
Artas1984: 2006-01-07 02:42:07 pm
Quote:
Yep just downloaded kalme's C5 trauma mod. Let's try this  Wink

Have you done the 5 star challenge on trauma - no cards, no cheats? Cheesy

I saw your bridge video, knew about those shortcuts, but did you figured out them yourself? Shocked Roll Eyes 8)
No I haven's done that 5-star challenge, that's one thing I'm missing. And about those shortcut's, yes I found them by myself. Snowy bridge is the first level where I discovered shortcuts and I just found some new ones while doing the run.

About the demorecording, when I play my demo, there is no compass and health/ammobar. And the end stats aren't showing either. How can I fix this?

Did cemetery in 5:02 btw, gotta get 4:59 atleast  Grin
King n00b!
Quote:
I actually did that thing with recording a demo, then captured the demo recording with Fraps, and the run still got rejected. So talk with Radix before you go on with your record breaking  Wink

If you're talking about Doom3, then you should already know the reason it wasn't excepted.. If you're not talking about Doom 3, then just ignore this Grin
Quote:
No I haven's done that 5-star challenge, that's one thing I'm missing. And about those shortcut's, yes I found them by myself. Snowy bridge is the first level where I discovered shortcuts and I just found some new ones while doing the run.

About the demorecording, when I play my demo, there is no compass and health/ammobar. And the end stats aren't showing either. How can I fix this?

Did cemetery in 5:02 btw, gotta get 4:59 atleast  Grin

But you can make a screenshot at the end of the level and on top of that write on that screenshot that it was realy you that did it.

What do you want to achieve in cemetery?
It was the only level which i have speedruned without cheat "pkweapons", cause we in DC had a challenge about speedruning levels with "pkweapons" and without.
Look in this tread:
http://dreamcatcherinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24670&page=11&pp=10

-------------------------------------------------
Come on!
Where the **** are the competitioners?
I voted for challenge but only few accepted?

I call on everyone! Paste your screens and get that time under 5 with no cards and cheats, or beat Kalme's 4:18 with "pkweapons"!
What the **** is wrong? Cemetery is an excelent level for speedy runs!
So don't waste time for nonsence and get here in this corner to join us!

Cemetery challenge rating (Nightmare/Trauma, CheatsOff, CardsOff, PK/Shotgun):

looser: 10:00 +
easy: 7:00 - 10:00
moderate: 6:00 -7:00
challenging: 5:20 - 6:00
difficult: 5:00 - 5:20
very difficult: 4:40 - 5:00
impossible: 4:40 -

Grin Grin Grin
Okay now it's sub 5 minutes  Grin

http://img471.imageshack.us/my.php?image=painkiller20060107180630785ov.jpg
Edit history:
Psychochild: 2006-01-07 05:53:32 pm
Quote:
I dont' understand what's up with your admin?
I mean - the files will be hosted either in www.filrfront.com or in www.rapidshare.de or in www.filefactory.com - that means not in this site, so it is not admin's buisness! HuhAngry

We generally assume that eventually the runner who's been trying to do this speed run would want to have this run hosted on this site since he came here and started working on the run while reporting his results back on these forums.  So to prevent any frustrations or things of the sort, he should follow the general guidelines for runs submitted here and ask the site administrator if he's unsure about a few things concerning the run.  So, eh.
Here's my cemetery, pass the impossible Smiley

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=painkiller20060107200933734tv.png

I recorded that also, luckily. I'll add the videolink as soon as possible  Wink
Nice work man Grin
4:39 - ye, now i need to strive more Tongue

Just for interest:

RJ19, have you tried to do a cemetery run with cheat "pkweapons"?
Only cemetery.

Don't think that it is bad cheating - this cheat was officily accepted back sometime in DC even when i was not there and everybody was doing this challenge!
Haven't tried that, never been much of a cheater in this game. But seems like fun challenge, gotta try that. But now I'm already focusing on getting the atrium complex sub 6 minutes. 6:07 so far....
Go on so! Cheesy
I'll keep downloading your trauma runs!
I just noticed this.

Quote:
]No I haven's done that 5-star challenge, that's one thing I'm missing. And about those shortcut's, yes I found them by myself. Snowy bridge is the first level where I discovered shortcuts and I just found some new ones while doing the run.

If you still haven't figured out how to get those things to show, then you should submit the AVIs that you already have, since such demo recorded playbacks that don't show ammo and health in general aren't allowed on S.D.A. just due to the fact they're near impossible to verify.  Just a heads up if you're still trying to submit here.
Edit history:
RJ19: 2006-01-12 12:38:48 pm
Oh btw, those trauma videos are all recorded with fraps, no demorecording used in the middle Smiley

Edit: I just captured those images since I use 640x480 resolution when recording so fps stays at 60. Because of low res, end stats get blurry even in the full fraps video and just go worse when compressing, tried many codecs and bitrates.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2006-01-12 01:08:57 pm
Quote:
Edit: I just captured those images since I use 640x480 resolution when recording so fps stays at 60. Because of low res, end stats get blurry even in the full fraps video and just go worse when compressing, tried many codecs and bitrates.

Is the text clear enough to read in the uncompressed file? If so, try this:

In the Xvid settings you should see a box in the middle titled Zones. What you need to do is find the starting frame of the mission stats, go to zone options, enter that frame number, and then look at the Weight number which is set at 1. I've never used this feature before, so I don't know if you should set it lower or higher. I'm guessing higher. If you did it right, the frames that have the mission stats will have a higher bitrate -> higher quality, and should keep the text clear and easy to read. If weight doesn't work, use quantizer in the same zone options box, lower is better.
Tried both tricks, no difference :/
How about making a 5s video of png images and appendind them to the end of the videos, is that even possible  Grin
So there is no 640x480 version?

Can you post a 10 second uncompressed clip of the mission stats?
I can do that on enclave and for now on, since I have already deleted the originals from 1-4, took to much space...
Discontinued Speedrunner
Awesome clips dude!!! Grin
Awesome Grin  Thst video rox my sox.
I added few new ones. C3L3 is missing but underway. It's a long level, maybe the longest in the game so I made the boss fight first because it was quick and fun to do after two long frustrating levels. And I think that this is best of the three boss fights sofar  Smiley
TIOLET!
To keep you from doing another 17 posts in a row... good work RJ19. I haven't watched all videos yet, but what I've seen so far really kicks ass.
I had a little fight about that bugged C4L5 time down at the dreamcatcher and darkscorner forums so I decided that it's better quit fighting and continue playing so I redid the level, no bugs and level time came out pretty good. Video coming up Smiley
Edit history:
henkie: 2006-01-31 10:40:23 pm
What was the nature of that bug then? Because even if some people don't find it acceptable, if it's acceptable by SDA standards, you should just keep it in there. Plus I usually love to see bugs/exploits in a run. Makes a run even more interesting Smiley
Edit history:
RJ19: 2006-01-31 10:48:37 pm
Well here's the bugged C4L5 video:

http://files.filefront.com/Painkiller_C4L5_Trauma_041_NO/;4701411;;/fileinfo.html

Compare this and the usual way. It's a bug that I can't explain and has happened to me only once and luckily I got it on video. Basically what happened was that Alastor killed ME and the level ended. But let's keep this as a bonus and let the usual way be a part of my run because I think that 2:58 is a world record for that level anyway Smiley