Sad
<- 1  -   of 42 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Ten successful L3 attempts.

R4 is definitely a lot trickier to get than L3, but I'm getting close to a consistent setup. Here are some successful attempts, hopefully someone can refine it.

Edit history:
AdamPrimer: 2015-05-03 05:01:52 am
AdamPrimer: 2015-05-03 04:38:36 am
The Ori and the Blind Forest auto-splitter has been updated to work with v1.1!

https://github.com/AdamPrimer/LiveSplit.OriAndTheBlindForest/releases/tag/v1.1.2

README:
https://github.com/AdamPrimer/LiveSplit.OriAndTheBlindForest/blob/master/README.md

I also now set up a crappy Twitter that people can follow if they want updates when I release new versions of the Autosplitter, https://twitter.com/AdamPrimer.
Anyone have a vod/pastebin of the any% misty woods route? I'm looking into running that for a bit but don't really know anything about it, yet. Thanks in advance!
The cake is a lie
@Morelia : http://www.twitch.tv/gyoo_/c/6637452
Did some mistakes but the route is there. Good learning.

Also, I found an OoB in Misty Woods, shortly after you get Climb :

Wnbeser said there might be a way to OoB directly into Forlorn by going somehow to the right... guys, it's your turn to break stuff.
Thanks Gyoo, downloading right now.
Evening everyone ! i'm a little confused about the route/new route .
what's faster ? i mean, maybe i'm the only one who don't understand (again lmao) well, what's faster ? misty/climb/charge jump or all the lava skips ?

Misty looks so damn long to just get climb, imo
In the other hand we need to 2 lava skips and do 4 parts of horu hmmmm .

I'm lost D:

Sorry to bother you, i just don't have any lead about what to do right now x) .
If you're able to do L3>R4, that's actually the fastest route of all. But of course every failed attempt bleeds time.

Misty woods is about a minute slower than an optimal climbless run, which is pretty significant. We're trying to get that time down, but it's not likely to get fast enough to be worth the trouble.
The cake is a lie
Quote from Onin:
If you're able to do L3>R4, that's actually the fastest route of all. But of course every failed attempt bleeds time.

Misty woods is about a minute slower than an optimal climbless run, which is pretty significant. We're trying to get that time down, but it's not likely to get fast enough to be worth the trouble.

Well that technically means you can do a sub 40 with Misty Woods route, isn't it ?
You should be able to, yes.
The cake is a lie
Well personally, my choice is made. It'll be Misty Route Tongue
Hey guys, didn't wanna say much cause of the whole fiasco, but I have good news.

I'm gonna ask you to take this with a grain of salt because last time I said patch next week and it took what a month? But there should be a small patch this week, and it will fix L4, meaning it will work again.

Also old controllers that stopped working should work again.
The cake is a lie
Quote from KOKOStern:
Hey guys, didn't wanna say much cause of the whole fiasco, but I have good news.

I'm gonna ask you to take this with a grain of salt because last time I said patch next week and it took what a month? But there should be a small patch this week, and it will fix L4, meaning it will work again.

Also old controllers that stopped working should work again.

Don't worry, we're speedrunners, so we take everything with salt.
Kappa
Edit history:
Onfaitdestruks: 2015-05-03 02:27:03 pm
Onfaitdestruks: 2015-05-03 02:09:49 pm
Hm . so i guess i'll wait a week before doing run again o/

FrankerZ

Also, thanks for answering my question Gyoo/Onin .
The cake is a lie

Second part of my Misty OoB. Not successful yet but that's a lead. Everything is explained in the video description.
Someone got my Iceless-less idea to work using the rock outside the ginso entrance.

It's clearly too slow, even to replace the intended route (non-iceless route), and will never be faster than iceless, but perhaps with some streamlining it might be a good baby-strat?

Useful or not, I think it's cool someone worked out how to make my theoretical trick work.

Edit history:
KOKOStern: 2015-05-04 11:37:00 am
Patch is out go restart steam and REJOICE!

Fixed regression from Patch 1 with 3rd party controllers
    Fixed slow-downs in several areas
    Fixed minor issue with slug behavior for speed-runners
Thanks for acting so fast =P .

I love you Kokostern .

Oh btw, i already send a mail for that but, when i launch the game in -popupwindows by steam the game crash just one time and when i launch it again it's fine . sorry, i know this is not the right topic for this but just to tell maybe i'm the only one getting this .

Let's run bois ! Kappa
Banjo Kazooie
Quote from KOKOStern:
Patch is out go restart steam and REJOICE!

Fixed regression from Patch 1 with 3rd party controllers
    Fixed slow-downs in several areas
    Fixed minor issue with slug behavior for speed-runners

This is awesome Koko! I'll probably do some runs later tonight. Part of me wished it was going to take a week or so for the patch to come out, because I should really be studying for finals. Probably gonna do both any% and all cells runs.
Great work KOKOStern, I remember I thought it was ridiculous to try and get L4 fixed and you said it was worth trying, and now look at us, with fixed L4! Your optimism saved Ori! Thanks to the devs for being swell too!
Wow guys I'm just the mediator, all praise goes to the devs, and specifically the one guy who did everything (and basically released this small patch all on his own).

I am sending him all your warm regards so he knows he did a wonderful job. Smiley
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but it appears that since the patch, when you do the R1->R3 OOB, you can't save on the tree anymore as it is an "unsafe" zone. Makes that trick ever so slightly more annoying to do, so I might just learn the projectile setups for the R3 lava skip now.
The cake is a lie
Why would you do R1->R3 OoB if you're doing Misty Route ?
Because R3 sucks like all lava skips do XD
The cake is a lie
Yeah but R1->R3 + Misty route = does not compute