<- 1  -   of 42 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Morelia: 2015-05-09 02:33:05 am
Now that L4 skip is fixed I'm back to the old route.
A buddy of mine encountered a clip while bashing off a bird during his casual playthrough. Idk if it'll end up being useful or if it's been found before, but it's my first time seeing it so I figured I'd post it. I'm not much of a glitch hunter myself, but maybe someone else will be able to mess with this more https://twitter.com/ZanasoBayncuh/status/596924652716331009
Edit history:
Wnbeser: 2015-05-09 08:32:51 am
Quote from CriticalCyd:
A buddy of mine encountered a clip while bashing off a bird during his casual playthrough. Idk if it'll end up being useful or if it's been found before, but it's my first time seeing it so I figured I'd post it. I'm not much of a glitch hunter myself, but maybe someone else will be able to mess with this more https://twitter.com/ZanasoBayncuh/status/596924652716331009

Yeah i found out this very recently aswell basically you can get inside walls at many places if you bash birds out of their intended zone they go into this wandering back mode where they ignore walls and bashing off of them when they are inside makes this work.

I tried to find any practical use for this but couldn't find anything but there very well might be a useful skip to forlorn ruins for All Cells off the bird in the Misty.

Here's some bash glides around misty woods
So this http://www.twitch.tv/grimelios/v/5197200 just happened (dunno if anyone did that before)
Quote from Ikewolf:
So this http://www.twitch.tv/grimelios/v/5197200 just happened (dunno if anyone did that before)

Yeah, some (maybe all) enemies can get manipulated by the moving objects. Here's a more hilarious example I did some time ago:
Quote from EstonianViking:
Quote from Ikewolf:

Yeah, some (maybe all) enemies can get manipulated by the moving objects. Here's a more hilarious example I did some time ago:

This is amazing.
The cake is a lie
I already got that as well.
Maybe we could do something with that but the amount of testings would be tremendous unless someone has THE idea
So I found a way to stay alive with 0 healths. dunno if it has been done before (Its useless tho, you die from anything)
Edit history:
Ikewolf: 2015-06-24 07:21:24 am
Ikewolf: 2015-06-24 07:20:59 am
Uplaoded a Tutorial :

Useless Misty OOB. Maybe with a lot more health (all cells/100% run?) it could prove useful but I don't have such a save.
I've got good news, and I've got great news.

The good news is, the teleporter OoB in Ginso still works. The one that allows you to backtrack to the entrance, and thus get Bash without getting the water.

The great news is:

WATERLESS IS REAL!
Quote from Onin:
I've got good news, and I've got great news.

The good news is, the teleporter OoB in Ginso still works. The one that allows you to backtrack to the entrance, and thus get Bash without getting the water.

The great news is:

WATERLESS IS REAL!

You can just go trough the water aswell if you collect alot of health and get levelup during it or level up like crazy for the damage reduction. I made a video of it before.

Its also possible to get to kuros feather area without bash but you cant progress beyond it without bash sadly so bashless is impossible :(.

No water, no wind, no fire! \o/
Some things that nobody posted But everybody uses. I thought I post them so everybody has a place to find every strat ^^

Savedroping

http://www.twitch.tv/evooki/c/6934265

Kuro Cutscene skip

http://www.twitch.tv/evooki/c/6934278
I might want to start speedrunning this game, is there an up-to-date paper/video tutorial? Or should I just try to learn from the WR?
Route is currently highly in flux, new glitches today remove the L5 lavaskip and have found a way to do sorrow bash without triple jump, meaning the XP route will likely see an overhaul and the run will be quite a bit more tense in terms of health, Charge Flame may be skipped entirely. Routing is still in progress.
What the hell Adam O.o when did this happen :O I am interested
Edit history:
AdamPrimer: 2015-07-08 07:58:19 pm
AdamPrimer: 2015-07-08 07:46:14 pm
Well first Chunkatuff found this, which is currently called "Save Anywhere".

It lets you move with the ability screen open, so you can purchase and ability point anywhere at anytime. We currently use this to do Sunstone CS skip without the rock, and to do the Save Drop in Horu currently dubbed "No5" to avoid needing to do any lava skips.

Then Chunkatuff found this, which doesn't really have a name, maybe "Save Hiking".

Essentially, you can use "Save Anywhere" along with multiple ability buys to abuse the invincibility frames you have when a save is loaded to do the sorrow bash without triple jump. This will likely change up a bunch of the XP route as we wont need as many ability orbs, and we may just skip Charge Flame altogether (we currently only really get it because we can't upgrade to triple jump without it).

Also, there is "Water-Bash" which is currently undocumented here:

You use "Save Drop", then when loading you need to press Bash which makes the game think you've jumped, and then you can stomp to break the rocks while underwater.

Then there is "Ginso without Charge Flame" which is a small skip to skip the log/projectile room that we used to skip with a Charge Flame blast.

You drag and save at the right point in order to get the log to clip you through the ground.

"Walking the Frog" or "Charge Flame Skip" or "Fronkey Walking" is documented by the finder Chunkatuff here:

You leash a fronkey to the door, killing it after you've used all your mana in the door, in order to open it early and skip needing to get Charge Flame.
Edit history:
Onin: 2015-07-10 07:02:03 am
So now it seems we're probably done with breaking the game as much as it can, there has been talk about a Low% category again. Which obviously comes with the issue of defining a low% restriction. People seem to have different ideas of what a low% category could be, but to me it's pretty clear. There are only three options:

1. Lowest number of abilities. As far as currently possible, the only abilities that can be skipped are charge flame, climb, and charge jump. We can't see any way to beat the game without the feather, nor a way to get the feather without stomp (and there's no way to beat the game without either stomp or charge flame, anyway).
There's a different name for this category, and it's Any% Double Jump. It's a very difficult route, but it's plausibly faster than Any% Triple Jump.

2. Lowest number of goals. Also known as Waterless, as I posted before the game can be beaten while completing only 2 of the 6 world events. No Water, no Wind, no Fire. While this category is valid, and the route pretty interesting, it actually completes more content than the any% run. Climb and Charge Jump are required to skip the Fire element, so you have to go through Misty Woods, etc.

3. Lowest number of cells. 3 life, 1 energy, 0 ability cells. This restriction most closely resembles the low% category of most Metroid games: no health pickups, lowest ammo pickups. It's a super difficult category, but all low% categories are supposed to be significantly more difficult.

The reason these three are the only options is that they're mutually exclusive. You cannot do lowest abilities with no cells (you'd die in horu escape). You cannot do waterless with no cells. You cannot do waterless with lowest abilities. An arbitrary mishmash of the two is just that, arbitrary.
So... this game got broken even more?

More category discussion

In connection with the video EstonianViking just linked - we've had some discussion about adding a new category. This is largely motivated by emotions, but the general feeling is that any% is becoming broken enough that people would like another category somewhere between any% and all cells that plays the game in a more intended fashion, while still bringing something unique to the table.

The current category proposal is for all skills, no OOB. This would have the following rules:

- Complete the game with all skills.
- You may not go out of bounds.
- Standard timing rules.
- Standard rule about preexisting game state from other saves.

The basic concept here is to get back a category that hits most of the major pieces of content and avoids certain classes of very game-breaking glitches (for example, Chunkatuff's new OOB). In many ways, this would basically forever preserve Misty% as its own category. However, newer tricks like frog walk, double bash, and maybe even early frog juggle are still viable. Notably, the OOB in the Ginso room before the miniboss would be prohibited. Also, you'd have to finish with Horu save anywhere drop instead of R1 OOB.

Several alternatives were considered. We thought about simply doing any% no OOB, but decided that it wouldn't really be distinct enough to be its own category. We thought about just doing all skills, but there's a possibility that the Sunstone to Horu OOB is still worth doing even after doing both Misty and Sorrow, and we generally want this route to traverse the game world normally. Any% no save anywhere was also considered, but that would also be too similar to any%. All skills no OOB seems like the best balance between having an actually unique objective/route and not being overly arbitrary.

If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to share here or in IRC. There has been general support for this category so far, but more opinions are always good. Also, the any% definition will not change, and Chunka's skip is definitely going to be used in that category.
Quote from Vulajin:
More category discussion
*snip*

I dig the new category definition, and would probably end up running it. The new Sunstone -> Horu Escape OOB  is awesome for the speed, but I mostly run this for the feel (I'm okay with the fact that I'm never gonna actually be competitive at the WR-level) so losing the journey from Sorrow Pass -> Horu Entrance is a real bummer. That section, to me, is the climax of the run, just flying through with every tool and technique we've attained to go as fast as possible. It's both a source of tension and release, in a way, and it's just fun to show off to viewers as well. The new route eliminates every glide-bash of significant length. Seems like all skills, no OOB (ASNOOB?) is a great solution for somebody like me.
Edit history:
AdamPrimer: 2015-07-12 07:05:57 pm
AdamPrimer: 2015-07-12 07:05:54 pm
AdamPrimer: 2015-07-12 07:05:54 pm
AdamPrimer: 2015-07-12 07:02:43 pm
I think we all need to help Chunkatuff find a way to get out of Ginso on the left side, if he finds Ginso->End, then Any% No OOB is substantially different from the Any% route!

I personally like the idea of All Skills because it kinda forces Misty Woods into the run which is super amazing in terms of movement which is something the run lacks at the end. Powering through Misty with all the skills and bash gliding at breakneck speed is a pretty cool part of the run I think, and since this category seems to be for pro-movement players, All Skills No OOB may be more enjoyable than Any% No OOB anyway.

Summarizing thoughts from IRC, it sounds like pretty much everyone thinks All Skills No OOB would be a good category, or at least no one offered any objections to it.

As a mostly-viewer rather than a runner, I will certainly say that it'd probably be a fun run to watch. All Cells is just a little too slow (still nearly an hour, and doesn't feel fast when you're collecting all that stuff), and All Skills, No OOB should be <40 minutes which would be a really nice length for both runners and viewers I think.

PS: I'll throw out there that All Escapes No OOB might be a valid category, that would get Forlorn back into the run and maybe better justify going into Misty? That starts making the run probably 50+ minutes though at which case people would probably just do All Cells perhaps. I'm not good enough to route/estimate that one properly.
I figured the first ever sub 30 run deserved to be posted here for archival sake: 29:58 by SSJHerik

http://www.twitch.tv/ssjhenrik/v/7469926