Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Segmented]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Snabel'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Segmented]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/MightAndMagic8-20180505/SpeedyNow.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
A/V: Looks good.

00:19 - Misclick? Inputs got dropped? If it's not some bug, why is this not a reset? Did you even need there to be a specific spell? It's just 1-2 seconds but right at the start...

Movement in places is a bit meandering. I see this was brought up in a previous verification though and the firey area at least has some flight height restrictions. Was there a chance to add another segment to make it faster actually?

Gonna get back to this...
Im not sure what you mean, with the last thing you mention. But at 00:19: yes i could do it over, but the scroll is a bit rare, so i just thought "what the heck 2 seconds extra, dosent really matter" it has to be the "stone to flesh" scroll, as i will use this later to free Cauri Blackthorne.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2018-06-10 01:04:50 pm
I just mean the movement isn't in entirely straight lines always, and if you added a segment to the part where you zigzag across the lava area, I'm just wondering how much time you could have saved there. Difficult to tell.

This is from MUGG:

0:54 What happened to the scroll on the cursor? Is there a hotkey to make it go back to the inventory? I didn't know about such a key.

2:35 Music is fading out here for no apparent reason...?

Menuing is slow in some places (such as first shop), but insanely fast in others. Overall it looks fine.

In the plane between planes, maybe you can have Cauri take damage from projectiles instead of lava.

The run gets the Cauri rescue money. I suggested in my previous post that it may be faster to sell Cauri's armor or accessories to get sufficient money about 5 sec faster.

(MUGG, SDA has already accepted the patch because of compatibility stuff as I explained earlier)
This is for future reference: (Contact me on Twitter/mugg1991 in the future if you need me.)
Im not sure what all of this is about. I know I can cut off a few seconds here and there, the run isn't perfect, but i'm not gunna make a new one, unless someone challenges me or some major new bugs appear.
------------
At 0:54: It is pretty simple, you can just click 1,2,3 etc. to make it go into the inventory of that character, so i just clicked 1 on my keyboard, to make it go back into his inventory.
2:35: Where the music fades I created a segment, cause hitting the shop with the scroll, buying the books and getting to the coach using telekenesis, was kind of tricky. The reason I faded the music, was just to make it more pleasant, so the music dosen't just cut all of a sudden.
^ You don't have to take a defensive attitude, Snabel, this is just normal verification. Just answer the questions and we'll know where we're at.

Are you saying you tried the "selling Cauri's armor for money" approach also?
Sorry if it sounded rude, it was not meant that way hah it just seems that you are pointing out that i can cut off a few seconds here and there and i dont really see the relevans of that, unless someone beats me.
Anyhow, no i did not try that approach, it might save a few seconds, but its not much, since the shop and the house where you get the money for freeing Cauri are basically right next to eachother.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2018-06-13 11:04:18 am
One reason why such things are good to bring up in verification is so any future runners will have a point of reference and they won't miss those potential sources of improvement. Actually, to be very clear, there being no faster times doesn't mean basically anything. You're one of a very small group of people (let's assume) who even knows about the newest findings. It's an old DOS game, which don't get so many runners to begin with. SDA, especially nowadays, is perfect for runners who are self-motivated to squeeze out as much time as they can instead of relying on someone else to push them. This ties in with the idea that segmentation carries no basic penalty anymore. This is why I asked about the movement.

I've been studying another game for probably three years now and I'm still looking into more things to see if I've missed anything. This is probably an extreme example.

There wasn't even any audio garbling this time, or anything else A/V-wise. Looks like we can give this an

accept (unless something else comes up)
Sounds good! what is the official time of the run? I am curious
Runs are only timed after they've officially passed the verification phase.
Oh okay
Decision posted.