Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Froz3n_AV!'
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Metro: Last Light (Any %) (Segmented)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/metroll/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Sept. 13, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Is it possible to get all the links on one page? It's much easier to download the run with something like DownThemAll.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-08-31 04:36:11 pm
Not a walrus
There's an 'all/' folder that contains all of them now.
Am I the only one amazed by the fact that this run is called MeTroll?
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
There's an 'all/' folder that contains all of them now.

Much appreciated. Thanks.
I didn't play the game, so I can't know, if there were some obvious mistakes or missing footage, but what I saw looked very good. A lot of tricky jumps, out of bounds action, fast sneaking and fighting. The mistakes are small and tolerable.
Video and audio are fine too. On the last segment he included the ending cutscene and credits in his time, which is unusual.
Edit history:
Rakuen: 2013-09-07 05:26:15 pm
Weegee Time
First off, some helpful information.

The runner is playing this in Ranger Hardcore mode.  This disables the HUD and also makes everything do a lot more damage.  This affects both the player and enemies.  It also shrinks ammo pickups.

For comparison, if you've got an excessive amount of time on your hands:
Standard long-play
Early quick-play
Early speed-run
This run beats the third link's time by about 40 minutes.

Several of the chapters are on-rails, either for the player or for a vital NPC.  Nothing all that special to say about them, though the runner does seem to enjoy making those NPCs clip through his character. Smiley

A lot of the early game comes down to knowing exactly where to go and getting there as fast as possible without causing much, if any aggro.  The runner definitely has strong knowledge of the levels, the enemy's pathing, and the best route to avoid attention.  Chapter 8 has a little jump skip that allows the runner to skip part of the end of the level.

Chapters 13, 18, 23, 24, 25, 27, and 28 feature OOB action.  I'm sure the runner was happy that a lot of these OOBs start near the beginning of the stage.  There's some pretty precise jumps in here.  It looks like end of level triggers extend in a radius from the exit, as in Chapter 25 the stage is completed by walking to the exit gate from the wrong side.  In Chapter 13, the runner also manages to get into a spot that trivializes the survival segment while he waits for a raft.  Pretty spiffy.

The AV quality is good and the run is smooth with only some minor mistakes.  You'd be hard pressed to beat it without finding another skip, in my opinion.  Definite accept.
1-Up!
Decision posted.